Jump to content
Sensenmenn

Who is Euron working with?

Recommended Posts

Does the Aeron chapter confirm the faction that Euron is working with? Because he's not working for the Others, old gods, red god, storm god, drowned god or the god of many faces. I believe he is working for the most mysterious faction in the story that have only been lightly refernced the deep ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that the Storm God, Night Queen, Great other, deep ones and any other evil being in that world's lore are the same entity, feeding off of hatred and negativity. I'm still not fully convinced how legit Euron is, but I could definitely see him being in league with evil forces. Or at least he believes he is for the promise of becoming a god, but in reality he's just a pawn for evil, to be sacrificed when there is no more use for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Euron is working with the people under the sea that Patchface is always talking about. Which explains why he would toss a dragon egg into the sea.

I also think that Moqorro is wrong: the Drowned God is not a servant of the Great Other but that the Drowned God is its own thing and it is pure evil...unlike the Great Other and R'hllor.

The Others' reason for laying waste to Westeros and the world is probably an attempt to cleanse the planet of Euron's ilk...but they are going to do it their way on their terms.

After all: what do ice and fire make when they come together? Water. The song of ice and fire is water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

The most ironic option is if Euron is a leal servant of the Drowned God. How that would mess with Aeron...

Moqorro did make a point to mention that the Drowned God is pure evil and nothing more than a servant of the Great Other.

And, unlike Melisandre, Moqorro is not one to make those kinds of mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

The most ironic option is if Euron is a leal servant of the Drowned God. How that would mess with Aeron...

I think this is the most likely option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 4:45 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

Moqorro did make a point to mention that the Drowned God is pure evil and nothing more than a servant of the Great Other.

And, unlike Melisandre, Moqorro is not one to make those kinds of mistakes.

Well, no, Moqorro may be more powerfull than Melisandre. But he, just like all religious people, just defines every other religion as evil. That does not make him right nor special. It is just how religion works. Defy your deity and condemn all the other beliefs. As George once stated when asked whether gods existed in his world, magic is real in this world, but that does not say anything about which religion is the right one. Magic just happens to be real. Of course every religion in that world uses some of the magic happening as an example that their religion is the right one, but that does not prove that their gods are the cause nor that they exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T and A said:

Never said he did something great :huh:

We've seen Mel drink poison, seen visions come to pass, glamour people, walk around in the snow without a sweater, sway masses of idiots to her religion, sexually excite a stoic like Stannis, and give birth to shadow assassins.

What makes you think...

1 hour ago, T and A said:

Well, no, Moqorro may be more powerfull than Melisandre. But he, just like all religious people, just defines every other religion as evil. That does not make him right nor special. It is just how religion works. Defy your deity and condemn all the other beliefs. As George once stated when asked whether gods existed in his world, magic is real in this world, but that does not say anything about which religion is the right one. Magic just happens to be real. Of course every religion in that world uses some of the magic happening as an example that their religion is the right one, but that does not prove that their gods are the cause nor that they exist.

...powerful/magical, etc., or the word I chose 'great' (which I think not needing a sweater when it's cold qualifies for, much less the rest of it?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dmfn said:

We've seen Mel drink poison, seen visions come to pass, glamour people, walk around in the snow without a sweater, sway masses of idiots to her religion, sexually excite a stoic like Stannis, and give birth to shadow assassins.

What makes you think...

...powerful/magical, etc., or the word I chose 'great' (which I think not needing a sweater when it's cold qualifies for, much less the rest of it?)

He has shown great magical powers, when he transformed Victarions arm. His predictions are better than Melisandres. For example he forsees that their ship is not gonna reach Quarth but they will reach the slavers bay, while Melissandre is known for not being able to interpret correctly what she sees on the flame. Rather I would say Melissandre is mostly wrong. He also survives several days (I think more than a week?) on the open sea, until he is captured by Victarions ship. Not something everyone could do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, T and A said:

He has shown great magical powers, when he transformed Victarions arm. His predictions are better than Melisandres. For example he forsees that their ship is not gonna reach Quarth but they will reach the slavers bay, while Melissandre is known for not being able to interpret correctly what she sees on the flame. Rather I would say Melissandre is mostly wrong. He also survives several days (I think more than a week?) on the open sea, until he is captured by Victarions ship. Not something everyone could do.

 

Not simply trying to be contrary, but Slaver's Bay is considerably farther east than Qarth. And the whole flipping world knows Dany is no longer in Qarth, so it would make sense for Vic's fleet to change their destination without him needing to tell them to do it. A good sailor who knows the trade routes could guess ships would be closer instead of farther away. An experienced seaman might be able to survive at sea for a while, too. So I don't agree that these things are indicative of magic or power.

And the arm...Vic isn't exactly a reliable narrator. In fact, I find his chapters pretty confusing. He's driven by jealousy and insecurity of Euron, and at the same time is eating out of the palm of his hand. Speaking of hand, the dusky woman still bleeds it, and wraps it every day, right?

We get Mel's inner thoughts, so we know 100% for sure that she guesses, uses powder tricks etc. We only see Moqorro from the outside, and there are inconsistencies regarding his appearance. Maybe he just puts on a better show than Mel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmfn said:

Not simply trying to be contrary, but Slaver's Bay is considerably farther east than Qarth. And the whole flipping world knows Dany is no longer in Qarth, so it would make sense for Vic's fleet to change their destination without him needing to tell them to do it. A good sailor who knows the trade routes could guess ships would be closer instead of farther away. An experienced seaman might be able to survive at sea for a while, too. So I don't agree that these things are indicative of magic or power.

That does not state anything about Moqorros magic abilities. I don't know how that is a statement about Moqorros powers. I do not understand your logic here at all. Furthemore, Moqorro knew that he will not reach Quarth when he sailed with Tyrion, so before he met Victarion. Of course he could have just told a lie, and he knew shit. That of course is yet to be answered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@T and A

You're right. knowing that no one is going to Qarth isn't magic. surviving at sea isn't magic. Vic's wounded hand isn't magic. 

my point is what we've seen from Mel vs heard from Moqorro. 

seen Mel do some shit. haven't seen Moqorro actually do anything or predict anything mystical. like I said, the whole world knows where Dany and the dragons are. telling people 'I knew I wouldn't make it to Qarth' is meaningless. 

this all started when you said Morrqo is more powerful than Mel, and more accurate. I don't see any PROOF of him doing anything. Maybe he's a level 99 wizard, but he hasn't shown anyone anything. 

Mel has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmfn said:

@T and A

You're right. knowing that no one is going to Qarth isn't magic. surviving at sea isn't magic. Vic's wounded hand isn't magic. 

my point is what we've seen from Mel vs heard from Moqorro. 

seen Mel do some shit. haven't seen Moqorro actually do anything or predict anything mystical. like I said, the whole world knows where Dany and the dragons are. telling people 'I knew I wouldn't make it to Qarth' is meaningless. 

this all started when you said Morrqo is more powerful than Mel, and more accurate. I don't see any PROOF of him doing anything. Maybe he's a level 99 wizard, but he hasn't shown anyone anything. 

Mel has.

I understand now what you mean :D. But I would add that creating a smokey black arm is indeed magic and not natural medicine. But indeed, he still has to show what he can. Until then we can just speculate. I believe that he is very powerfull, but that is yet to be proven. Since the show has not included this character, we might never know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T and A said:

I understand now what you mean :D. But I would add that creating a smokey black arm is indeed magic and not natural medicine. But indeed, he still has to show what he can. Until then we can just speculate. I believe that he is very powerfull, but that is yet to be proven. Since the show has not included this character, we might never know. 

I've heard other people speculate that Moqorro is using a glamour. Like one example is that his face tattoos are noticed as different colors by Tyrion and Victarion. 

I know there are innumerable theories about secret identities throughout the forums, but Moqorro really does come across as mysterious as hell. 

I don't remember us meeting any other Summer Islanders by name, but he doesn't fit the bill of the ones we've heard about, as far as I know R'holor isn't common out of Essos. And they're usually described as 'ebony' whereas Moqorro is 'black as pitch'. Black and white have been used a zillion times in the series regarding magical/supernatural/mysterious things.

And he speaks the common tongue!

All of this is highly suspect. I do think he's got some serious skills, but I also think GRRM is being purposefully general, vague, and kind of ambiguous so we're also kind of 'distracted' by Moqorro. Kind of like he did with Arstan Whitebeard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo for noone (no not jaqem, really noone) i see him as a mentally ill mysticist who consumes drugs and has visions which he interprets on his own way.

 

a bit like mal'akh for dan brown's lost symbol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 3:20 PM, T and A said:

Well, no, Moqorro may be more powerful than Melisandre. But he, just like all religious people, just defines every other religion as evil. That does not make him right nor special. It is just how religion works. Defy your deity and condemn all the other beliefs. As George once stated when asked whether gods existed in his world, magic is real in this world, but that does not say anything about which religion is the right one. Magic just happens to be real. Of course every religion in that world uses some of the magic happening as an example that their religion is the right one, but that does not prove that their gods are the cause nor that they exist.

Moqorro gives me the impression that he knows a lot more about the religion of the Drowned God (which is huge!!!) and the religion of R'hllor. Which tells me that he knows a lot more than what we think he does.

 

On 8/15/2018 at 2:46 AM, dmfn said:

Not simply trying to be contrary, but Slaver's Bay is considerably farther east than Qarth

Wrong. Look at a map. Slaver's Bay is (north)west of Qarth

Edited by Jabar of House Titan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

 

 

Wrong. Look at a map. Slaver's Bay is (north)west of Qarth

if you read the rest of that you'd know i meant west or thought they circumnavigated planetos, but thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×