Mace Tyrell and Rickard Stark?

Chisa

I bet Bloodraven had a hand in it.

If we are being serious though, the only similarities are that they both had three sons and a daughter and they both brokered ambitious marriages.

Not sure what you are implying with your question though, or why you left it so vaguely mysterious.

On 7/26/2018 at 7:02 AM, Chisa said:

I don't know if this question belongs in this sub forum, but just a simple question :: Does anybody else find something oddly similar about these two Lord paramounts?

So what are your reasons behind this comparison? Will need more info to judge this better.

On 7/26/2018 at 7:02 AM, Chisa said:

I don't know if this question belongs in this sub forum, but just a simple question :: Does anybody else find something oddly similar about these two Lord paramounts?

Theyre both very ambitious, which probably will kill them both. Also Renly thinks their daughters look alike

52 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Theyre both very ambitious, which probably will kill them both. Also Renly thinks their daughters look alike

Renly is not right. Hair color, eye color, straight vs curly hair, there’s a few physical traits that Margaery and Lyanna differ on at passing glance. Also, Lyanna would have carried a sword if Lord Rickard allowed it, can you say the same for Margaery Tyrell?

17 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Renly is not right. Hair color, eye color, straight vs curly hair, there’s a few physical traits that Margaery and Lyanna differ on at passing glance. Also, Lyanna would have carried a sword if Lord Rickard allowed it, can you say the same for Margaery Tyrell?

Renly was hardly ever right

Lyanna did carry a sword, Harrenhall.

Thats an interesting question. Cersei always resented that Jaime had a sword and she did not. Not that Margery is "Cersei" close to her brother, but they have a strange relationship, they were Eskimo Siblings. I dont think its far fetched for her to wish she haf a sword.

That scene where Margery went to court to ask for defense of the Reach from Euron and instead Cersei commanded Loras to take Dragonstone, I bet Margery wish she knew how to use one then

On 7/29/2018 at 1:46 PM, Hugorfonics said:

Renly was hardly ever right

Lyanna did carry a sword, Harrenhall.

Thats an interesting question. Cersei always resented that Jaime had a sword and she did not. Not that Margery is "Cersei" close to her brother, but they have a strange relationship, they were Eskimo Siblings. I dont think its far fetched for her to wish she haf a sword.

That scene where Margery went to court to ask for defense of the Reach from Euron and instead Cersei commanded Loras to take Dragonstone, I bet Margery wish she knew how to use one then

Ah, yes. Lyanna did carry a sword. I've often wondered the purpose of why Renly said that Margaery looked like Lyanna.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:29 AM, The Sunland Lord said:

Seriously, what is the point of this parallel, OP? I am genuinely interested.

None. I'm just bored to the extent that I find everyone similar to everyone. 

I was just hoping that discussion would help me sort out if there actually was something similar between these two. Wolf and a Rose. 

11 minutes ago, Chisa said:

None. I'm just bored to the extent that I find everyone similar to everyone. 

I was just hoping that discussion would help me sort out if there actually was something similar between these two. Wolf and a Rose. 

You know, there is a sellsword faction called Company of The Rose, founded by Northmen Westerosi who didn't accept Aegon's rule so they fled to Essos.

Coincidence? I don't think so... :lol:

Archived