Minor characters you wanna see win and why?

Stormking902

Not so much a minor character as a supporting character but given people have listed characters like Davos on here (and he’s a POV)...

Someone who I hope makes it out safe and sound is Meera. She’s always trying to keep smiling and be positive, looks after Bran and the rest of the brand... just has this inner strength and bravery that is often overshadowed and forgotten because of Jojen. Yet that last chapter of ADwD really reminds us that she’s little more than a child herself. I mean, god, she sixteen years old and she’s trapped in a cave in the middle of a haunted forest filled with wights with no one by a 10-year-old boy to really talk to. IDK, I just think she’s just a nice girl who doesn’t deserve all the horrible endings done theories come up with for her. 

4 hours ago, Bloodraven's Spider said:

Thoros to survive and keep getting hammered

Thoros doesn't really seem to get hammered anymore, in the books. 

I'd like to see him make it out of what has become of the Brotherhood, he doesn't seem happy with it anymore. 

The one minor character I have hope for is The Weasel (the original weasel).  I want to hear by the end something about a babe that was found in the woods in the Riverlands and was taken in by someone.......giving her a shot at a future.  I've never forgotten that hope, and Arya's wish for her not to be found by The Mountain's men. 

5 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Thoros doesn't really seem to get hammered anymore, in the books. 

I'd like to see him make it out of what has become of the Brotherhood, he doesn't seem happy with it anymore. 

As long as he’s breathing and he can sip dornish red I’ll be happy. I agree though the brotherhood has drastically changed under the leadership of lady stoneheart. That’s going to be one of the most interesting storylines going forward. I hope she kills Brienne and lets Jaime live. 

Mya Stone, really like the character. 

Jeyne Poole. She's been through more horrors than most at the hands of [two very different types] of psychos - no, not a clinical proper diagnosis - Littlefinger and Ramsay. 

Greatjon Umber

Tormund! But he's not minor, he's huge like his member, har! :P

Sarella Sand

Maege & Alysane Mormont

Meera Reed

Rodrik the Reader Harlaw

Posthumous mention: Nimble Dick

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch...

ETA: Alys Kastark and her brother, whose name escapes me at the mo.

• Missandei,  Dany brings her home to the island of Naath.
  • Gerold Darkstar Dayne,  He brings down the Sand Snakes and becomes the sword of the morning.
  • Bowen Marsh.  He's a loyal man of the watch and did it for the watch.
  • Hosteen Frey.  One of the best fighters from that family.
  • Penny.  One of the innocents caught between Tyrion and Cersei.

I'll see if I can mention a few that haven't been brought up:

• The Kettleblacks (because they have the greatest name ever)
  • Tristifer Botley (the poor sod)
  • Wyman Manderley (hoping we get more pies)
  • Big Walder Frey (he seems OK)
  • Hyle Hunt (nice enough guy)
  • Ser Pounce (he's a character, right?)

7 hours ago, Buell Rider said:

Walder Frey.  A book chapter with Walder is always entertaining.  He's a funny old man.  

He is a funny old man, and no ones more entertaining then Ramsay. Not sure I want them to win, well not Frey, maybe Ramsay lol.

I wanna see Darrio win. Boyfriend to the Silver Queen, lol the Westeros lords reactions would be priceless. Plus hes cool brave and loyal, i definitely want him safe now that hes a hostage

More of a supporting character than minor character, but one of the few characters in the series who has been on a flawless winning streak is Bron. He bet on the right horse and it’s paid off for him big time. He’s gone from sellsword, to captain of the Hand’s guard, to a knight, and now to acting lord. I’d love to see the stone cold opportunist come out on top. 

On 7/28/2018 at 6:12 PM, Hugorfonics said:

He is a funny old man, and no ones more entertaining then Ramsay. Not sure I want them to win, well not Frey, maybe Ramsay lol.

I wanna see Darrio win. Boyfriend to the Silver Queen, lol the Westeros lords reactions would be priceless. Plus hes cool brave and loyal, i definitely want him safe now that hes a hostage

I like Daario.  But, Walder is way cooler.  The old guy has a sense of humor.  

On 7/28/2018 at 1:30 PM, Giant Ice Spider said:

I'll see if I can mention a few that haven't been brought up:

• The Kettleblacks (because they have the greatest name ever)

So true! :laugh:

• Wyman Manderley (hoping we get more pies)

Yes please. :)

• Ser Pounce (he's a character, right?)

Course he is! 

Archived