MLB 2018: Bonfire of the Metropolitans

Myshkin

On 8/3/2018 at 5:51 PM, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Lame, but not much you can do I guess since we weren't going to pay the guy. Sometimes it really sucks rooting for a cheap team. Thankfully I can rely on the Yanks as my second team when the Twins suck.

What is wrong with you?

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Besides the high pitch count over the first two I think Lynn did pretty damn good. 

Sure did.  They need to start dominating bad teams.  Because other than the remaining  6 Red Sox games and a 6-game west coast stretch with the A's and M's, all they play for the rest of the season are bad teams.  Maybe Lynn can help them out there.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Sure did.  They need to start dominating bad teams.  Because other than the remaining  6 Red Sox games and a 6-game west coast stretch with the A's and M's, all they play for the rest of the season are bad teams.  Maybe Lynn can help them out there.

If he pitches like he did last night I think he will. And if he does well enough down the stretch they should consider keeping him.

8 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

It’s August 11th and the Orioles have already been eliminated from AL East contention. 

35-81 -- they could rattle off 46 straight wins and still only get back to .500. FFS

Jesus Creeping Shit! Has Jeter always been this much of a flagrantly disingenuous shitheel, and people just didn't allow themselves to see it?

“The bottom line — and I can’t reiterate this enough — is that we took over an organization that was broken,” he says. “They hadn’t been to a postseason in 14 years or had a winning record since 2009. That’s black and white. If we came in and didn’t make any changes, people would think we were crazy.

“It’s a complicated history here with the fan base. We want them to trust us. But we have to earn that trust, and it takes time. The response we’ve gotten from people we’ve met with has been overwhelmingly positive. There’s been a negative narrative out there as well, but here in Miami, we don’t hear it.”

https://deadspin.com/even-this-derek-jeter-puff-piece-doesnt-pretend-like-he-1828360990

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Jesus Creeping Shit! Has Jeter always been this much of a flagrantly disingenuous shitheel, and people just didn't allow themselves to see it?

https://deadspin.com/even-this-derek-jeter-puff-piece-doesnt-pretend-like-he-1828360990

Yes. He also wasn't that good in the field.

Two straight home losses for the Sawx. #PanicTime

ETA: Classic Mets tonight. Wheeler throws a gem and they squander chance after chance at bat. Then Rosario and some dude collide in shallow LF allowing the winning run to score with 2 outs in the 13th. 

Archived