MLB 2018: Bonfire of the Metropolitans

Myshkin

6 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Please give me your address so that I may deliver your punching.

Now you just wanna be like Jay and Silent Bob.

So the Yanks picked up 3.5 games on the Sawks in 3 days.  Doubt it matters cuz they're still down 6, but that was pretty cool.

2 hours ago, Week said:

It's cute to see Yankee fans' excitement from 6 games back at the end of August. :P:love:

Heh, not so much excitement, but can't help but point out they're the 2nd best team in baseball as well - by 3 games.  With a 103 win pace.

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

They still have to play the Indians, the Braves and Astros. I don't think they'll catch them but methinks the Yankees will make the Sox sweat. 

Aye.  Although that six game stretch on the road for the Yanks vs. the A's and M's is looking increasingly difficult.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Heh, not so much excitement, but can't help but point out they're the 2nd best team in baseball as well - by 3 games.  With a 103 win pace.

Aye.  Although that six game stretch on the road for the Yanks vs. the A's and M's is looking increasingly difficult.

They did well against the M's at Yankee Stadium so I'm not as concerned about them as I am about the A's. And word on the street is that Sanchez and Didi could be back for the West Coast trip.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

It was nice to see Sevy challenging guys yesterday, even if it was just the O’s. The extra rest may have done him good. Him starting the playoff game if it ends up that way still worries me though.

I'm concerned too but he's got a few more starts to things right. 

11 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Shane Robinson is seriously the best they could do? There was nobody else out there? Nobody in the farm system? It doesn’t even have to be Florial, just literally anyone else.

ETA: Classic Betances

I just saw his numbers and he is lights out in the 7th and 8th but in the 9th he is the exact opposite.  I'm excited about McCutchen.

Another great night behind the plate for Sanchez and Severino was lights out. I think next season they should just shut him down at the all-star break if he doesn't have the staying power to pitch well for the entire year. In his last 11 starts, Severino is 4-5 with a 6.84 ERA and has allowed 76 hits in 55 ¹/₃ innings.

And Clint Frazier's symptoms have returned so they're shutting him down for the rest of the season.

Archived