MLB 2018: Bonfire of the Metropolitans

Myshkin

13 hours ago, Week said:

100 wins in 146 games with the Yankees 10 games back -- all that stress and anxiety from the end of August was unnecessary. 

Stress and anxiety!?!? Hard to believe that this is the first time Sawx have hit 100 wins since ‘46. 

Nice avatar, btw. Love RTJ.

7 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Stress and anxiety!?!? Hard to believe that this is the first time Sawx have hit 100 wins since ‘46. 

Nice avatar, btw. Love RTJ.

;)

My folks were losing their minds -- both still avid Sawx fans that somehow haven't gone passed 2004 (maybe it was the Valentine era that brought back previous trauma).

21 hours ago, Week said:

100 wins in 146 games with the Yankees 10 games back -- all that stress and anxiety from the end of August was unnecessary. 

Don't worry, the playoffs, Sale's fragility, and the useless bullpen will give you plenty of thrills.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:39 PM, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

It's feast or famine with these guys. 

It’s crazy. As soon as people get on base everyone just presses, or something. Absolutely no confidence in anyone get a guy in from 3rd with less than 2 outs, which is amazing considering this lineup. I also figured Gary would heat up to get to .200 but he still looks fucking lost.

At least we get to watch Cool Hand Luke now instead of Bird though.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, Ramsay B. said:

It’s crazy. As soon as people get on base everyone just presses, or something. Absolutely no confidence in anyone get a guy in from 3rd with less than 2 outs, which is amazing considering this lineup. I also figured Gary would heat up to get to .200 but he still looks fucking lost.

At least we get to watch Cool Hand Luke now instead of Bird though.

Voit has been huge, I don't know where they would be without him.  I'm upset that Didi is out for the year him and Judge are the heart and soul of the team and to lose him is a big blow.

On 9/6/2018 at 5:57 PM, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

That's awesome.  I once sold a fake tag then picked up the ball from underneath the player.  Definitely part of the game and I love when things like this happen in the pros.

7 hours ago, Paxter said:

I've been tuning in only occasionally to the MLB season this year, but man, it looks to have been a pretty brutal season. Tampa and the Cards both missing out on playoff spots with .550 season records is harsh. 

The Rays had to get creative with their starting pitching for the bulk of the season and nobody expected them to compete at all. I'll be damned if Kevin Cash isn't the AL manager of the year.

And the Cards got off to a slow start but there is a chance they finish in a tie with the Dodgers or Rockies for the second Wild Card depending on how the NL west shakes out so they're not quite out of it yet.

4 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Sabathia blew $500k today after he threw at a Ray and got tossed. He missed the bonus by 2 innings. I guess they threw at Romine’s head earlier in the game. I will always love you, CC.

They'll give it to him. Smart franchises always do, and $500k is nothing to the Yanks.

18 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

They'll give it to him. Smart franchises always do, and $500k is nothing to the Yanks.

Yeah, it’s no biggy for CC either I’m sure. I just love how we have a dude that will always get the hitters back when he’s on the mound. I’ll never forget Pedro going up and in on Jeter or Soriano like every other start it seemed and none of the starters would ever return the favor(besides Clemens when he was there).

It won’t be forgotten but the Mets incompetence does overshadow deGrom’s year sometimes and that’s a shame. He’s still gonna win the Cy Young and will get at least some MVP votes. Don’t think he’ll get it but true fans aren’t gonna forget how insanely good he’s been this year. He didn’t get lit up once the entire season and that’s loco. Easily the most dominant full season by a starter I’ve seen since Pedro in 2000. 

Archived