MLB 2018: Bonfire of the Metropolitans

Myshkin

7 hours ago, The Lasr Storm said:

Gotta be on a short leash with Severino, but if he gets taken out early where do the yanks go?

I think unless he's pitching a perfect game, he'll be out by the end of the fourth.  Green, Robertson, Britton, Betances, Chapman in that order for the last five innings - at least.  They also have Tanaka, Happ, and Lynn on the roster and well rested for tonight.  (And Holder.)  If Sevy gets rocked like he did last year in the WC game, I expect they'd bring in Tanaka or Happ in the first or second inning.

Woof. This is damning AF:

https://calltothepen.com/2018/10/03/miami-marlins-post-lower-average-attendance-lsu-tigers-baseball/

I guess that’s what you get when you trade last year’s and this year’s MVPs in a span of six weeks for a decent prospect and a bag of peanuts after lying to your fan base.   

16 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Woof. This is damning AF:

https://calltothepen.com/2018/10/03/miami-marlins-post-lower-average-attendance-lsu-tigers-baseball/

I guess that’s what you get when you trade last year’s and this year’s MVPs in a span of six weeks for a decent prospect and a bag of peanuts after lying to your fan base.   

i could see getting away from Stanton, but i knew the Yelich move was horrible. i didnt think he would be an mvp/triple crown threat though. Daniel Murphy like situation, but Yelich is an all around great player.

7 hours ago, The Lasr Storm said:

i could see getting away from Stanton, but i knew the Yelich move was horrible. i didnt think he would be an mvp/triple crown threat though. Daniel Murphy like situation, but Yelich is an all around great player.

He was on one of the best contracts in the league. You don't dump that guy when you're strapped for cash. I don't blame Marlins' fans for being in open revolt against the team. 

Archived