MLB 2018: Bonfire of the Metropolitans

Myshkin

Jesus, what a game. Stellar defensive plays by both teams, but Benintendi with the diving catch to save the game at the end, and Betts with the throw of the year to turn a leadoff double into an out. Kimbrel saved from shitting away yet another game by his outfielders. No idea why Cora put him in for the eighth, unless he's saving Barnes for relief tomorrow?

Tomorrow almost has to have a sacrificial lamb pitching. The guy I thought could start, Eduardo Rodriguez, pitched tonight. Are they going to send in Price on three days rest? Send him out to eat as many innings as possible against Verlander?

I have a soft spot in my heart for Alex Cora. He was a long time Dodger after all. Hopefully he has a soft spot in his heart for me too, and pitches Price and Kimbrel at every opportunity in the WS.

10 hours ago, Week said:

Alex Cora is smarter than me! Being on the doyers.

I don't know a single person who thought it was a good idea to go to Kimbrel last night, but the story seems to be that he'd been tipping his pitches for two weeks and got it corrected last night.

Not sure I believe that, but that's what I've been reading.

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Lol no jinx. Every American League playoff team is better than the best National League playoff team. I got Sox in five.

It's too picturesque and storybook for the Red Sox at this point this year...much like the 16-0 Patriots who stumbled at the finish line, they'll go down to the NL team in 7 games. 

And I kinda hope the Brewers pull it together at this point.  Stumbling like they are now?  Couldn't they have done that at the end of September?  Can't believe I'm rooting for the Brewers...

9 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

It's too picturesque and storybook for the Red Sox at this point this year

I don't think it's too picturesque.  Plenty of people (myself included) thought the Astros were a better team than the Sawks, regardless of record, and they proved that wrong.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

I don't think it's too picturesque.  Plenty of people (myself included) thought the Astros were a better team than the Sawks, regardless of record, and they proved that wrong.

I agree with you on the Astros.  They probably were the better team.  It's only picturesque because those dominant Red Sox slew the dragon before them to prove their worthiness.  So they'll likely go down in 7...

20 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

It's too picturesque and storybook for the Red Sox at this point this year...much like the 16-0 Patriots who stumbled at the finish line, they'll go down to the NL team in 7 games. 

And I kinda hope the Brewers pull it together at this point.  Stumbling like they are now?  Couldn't they have done that at the end of September?  Can't believe I'm rooting for the Brewers...

You made a Faustian bargain to get the Cubs a championship. Speak not, will you, bringer of Trump!

It wasn’t enough for you to Jaxomed the country. You Jaxomed the world bruh!

Archived