MLB 2018: Bonfire of the Metropolitans

Myshkin

Agreed on Price and JBJ - gotta believe Astro fans are pissed about the latter beating them.  But I don't think Kimbrel's 4 innings, 2 ERs, 4 Hs and 4 BBs in the series qualifies as "finding his mojo."

11 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I certainly thought the Astros were better, but I hadn't counted on Price and Kimbrel finding their mojo, and JBJ saving all his big hits for the postseason.

When did the Sox sign Jon Bones Jones? I thought the Boston fan base had a problem with athletes that liked to dance with dat white lady…..

Just now, DMC said:

Agreed on Price and JBJ - gotta believe Astro fans are pissed about the latter beating them.  But I don't think Kimbrel's 4 innings, 2 ERs, 4 Hs and 4 BBs in the series qualifies as "finding his mojo."

I just meant in that last game, for Kimbrel. He looked better there than he has in a month.

He's lucky with some of the long flies he got, too. An unsustainable combo of ridiculous fielding by Mookie and Benintendi and some balls that just died on the warning track. Otherwise his numbers would be even uglier and maybe the postseason shakes out differently.

4 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

You made a Faustian bargain to get the Cubs a championship. Speak not, will you, bringer of Trump!

It wasn’t enough for you to Jaxomed the country. You Jaxomed the world bruh!

Trump, Eagles and now Sawx. When will this end? 

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Two of the greatest pitchers in generations and I cannot find myself seeking this game out...part of me feels terrible for that, part of me can't be arsed to watch Dodgers/Red Sox...power to you fans of those teams...

Not a great night for either pitcher, but I'll take this result. At least Kimbrel still looks good.

Alex Cora's got a golden touch this postseason. Subs in Nunez, who immediately hits a three-run homer to break open a close game.

Archived