MLB 2018: Bonfire of the Metropolitans

Myshkin

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Not a great night for either pitcher, but I'll take this result. At least Kimbrel still looks good.

Alex Cora's got a golden touch this postseason. Subs in Nunez, who immediately hits a three-run homer to break open a close game.

And your bullpen has been great all postseason, which I did not expect. Guys I’ve never even heard of look unhittable. Just one of those magical years for you jerks.

My older sister has been laying it on thick in the family chain. Please come back, Dodgers.

7 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

And your bullpen has been great all postseason, which I did not expect. Guys I’ve never even heard of look unhittable. Just one of those magical years for you jerks.

My older sister has been laying it on thick in the family chain. Please come back, Dodgers.

The bullpen has been a surprise, especially Brasier, but they have lucked out a lot. It does seem like a magical year. Especially since every other game seems to be won by one of the bottom-of-the-lineup guys for the Sox (making up for the not-so-magical hitting by the stars). Brock Holt is my new favorite sports trivia answer. Jackie Bradley Jr was the George Soros of Boston sports talk radio all season and then he killed the Yankees. Nunez was not a good fielder or a good hitter this year, so for him to turn a critical game-ending out against the Yankees and then pinch hit a three-run homer is amazing.

Your older sister sounds a magnificent human being and you should learn from her.

16 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I've resigned myself to the fact that the Red Sox are going to steamroll the Dodgers. After what they did to the Astros that was as they is that, the World Series just seems like a formality.

Yeah I think the AL teams were in a different league (pardon the pun) to the NL teams this season. Last season was the Dodgers' better chance!

6 hours ago, Paxter said:

Yeah I think the AL teams were in a different league (pardon the pun) to the NL teams this season. Last season was the Dodgers' better chance!

I always appreciate a good pun and that was top notch.  I'm not having upset either, there is no shame in beating beaten by the eventual champion.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:41 AM, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I've resigned myself to the fact that the Red Sox are going to steamroll the Dodgers. After what they did to the Astros that was as they is that, the World Series just seems like a formality.

Yeah. I mean it would be nice if LA actually put up a fight, but what can you do? I will say that at least this is a pretty unhateable Sox team, especially with Pedroia being a non-factor now. Hell they even shunned that scumbag Schilling the other night too. I still hope Doyers pull off a miracle but things could be worse. 

16 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yeah. I mean it would be nice if LA actually put up a fight, but what can you do? I will say that at least this is a pretty unhateable Sox team, especially with Pedroia being a non-factor now. Hell they even shunned that scumbag Schilling the other night too. I still hope Doyers pull off a miracle but things could be worse. 

Oh yeah, Schilling is such a piece of shit. I can't wait for Hot Stove season, it's going to be fun.

4 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Oh yeah, Schilling is such a piece of shit. I can't wait for Hot Stove season, it's going to be fun.

I assumed Schilling didn't make it to the 2004 reunion because he was dealing with his plane crash.

Seriously though, I am very glad the team has cut loose that bigoted fucking deadbeat.

Archived