MLB 2018: Bonfire of the Metropolitans

Myshkin

20 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Corbin to the Nats. 6-$140. Boooo

Earlier this week they also picked up catchers Kurt Suzuki and Yan Gomes. Wonder who they're gonna shed to possibly throw megabucks at Harper. 

Speaking of the Bryce, word is Magic Johnson is going/already met with him and his agent. If they go after him hard, don't see Machado coming back.

Also, where is an appropriate landing spot for Manny Hustle? Philly shipped Santana to Seattle, looks like Rhys got 1B to himself. Would the Phils still have enough cash to throw at him? I sure hope the Yanks don't sign him.

20 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Earlier this week they also picked up catchers Kurt Suzuki and Yan Gomes. Wonder who they're gonna shed to possibly throw megabucks at Harper. 

Speaking of the Bryce, word is Magic Johnson is going/already met with him and his agent. If they go after him hard, don't see Machado coming back.

Also, where is an appropriate landing spot for Manny Hustle? Philly shipped Santana to Seattle, looks like Rhys got 1B to himself. Would the Phils still have enough cash to throw at him? I sure hope the Yanks don't sign him.

I don't see the Yankees going hard after Harper or Machado. I don't see them being over the threshold again this season honestly with the way Hal Steinbrenner and some of the other team execs have been talking.

14 hours ago, Triskele said:

Dang, Goldschmidt to the Cardinals.  I'm pretty happy about this.  They gave up Carson Kelly who would be catcher post-Yadi, but other than that, not much.  Very promising trade.  Now you have Goldschmidt and Ozuna back-to-back in the lineup.  

That was an outstanding trade. The Cardinals lineup just got much, much better, and as you say the team didn't have to give up much in the bargain.

The Dbacks getting back Weaver and Kelly for one year of Goldschmidt is actually a pretty good deal for both sides.  Cards are really going all out - Goldy, Ozuna, and Miles Mikolas are all free agents next year.

11 minutes ago, DMC said:

The Dbacks getting back Weaver and Kelly for one year of Goldschmidt is actually a pretty good deal for both sides.  Cards are really going all out - Goldy, Ozuna, and Miles Mikolas are all free agents next year.

Agree if Weaver lives up to his potential. 

Just saw this article on "trades we want" during the winter meetings, highlighted by Kluber for Schwarber (and more).  Um, if the conventional wisdom is Kyle Schwarber can headline a package for Kluber, the Yanks should absolutely build a package around Andujar.  Andujar is younger, has more control, is more useful in the field (a move to corner outfield - with his arm strength and decent speed - is especially intriguing), and (thus far) is a better hitter than Schwarber.  Obviously this is all contingent on the "(and more)" aspect, but now that Corbin's off the board I need something else to hope for.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, DMC said:

Just saw this article on "trades we want" during the winter meetings, highlighted by Kluber for Schwarber (and more).  Um, if the conventional wisdom is Kyle Schwarber can headline a package for Kluber, the Yanks should absolutely build a package around Andujar.  Andujar is younger, has more control, is more useful in the field (a move to corner outfield - with his arm strength and decent speed - is especially intriguing), and (thus far) is a better hitter than Schwarber.  Obviously this is all contingent on the "(and more)" aspect, but now that Corbin's off the board I need something else to hope for.

If they can package Andujar for Kluber I would be all for that. But I'm not confident they will pony up the money to replace his bat.

Archived