Minor characters you wanna see lose and why?

Frey Kings

On 8/9/2018 at 1:44 PM, kleevedge said:

Lady Stoneheart she sucked before she died, and still sucks after she died. Kill her good this time

By any chance are you the order of the greenhand?  They dedicated a series of videos titled "Catelyn Sucks". 

Stannis is the one who should lose because he's an awful dude.  I support the Bolton Club in this battle.

9 hours ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

By any chance are you the order of the greenhand?  They dedicated a series of videos titled "Catelyn Sucks". 

Stannis is the one who should lose because he's an awful dude.  I support the Bolton Club in this battle.

I've seen their videos on it, although I think they reached a bit too far. I just dislike Catelyn's character a lot, as a tend to disagree with people who act on emotion rather than rationality. Not saying either thought process is necessarily wrong, it's the whole yin and yang thing.

Just now, Moiraine Sedai said:

Not anymore.  Wayman belonged to the losing side of a rebellion.  Roose is legally his Lord now.  

no since the king is as unrightful as roose.

king stannis did not stle winterfell from the starks and did not name roose warden, bran is still rightfull warden and rightfull lord of wyman

39 minutes ago, Euron Lannister said:

no since the king is as unrightful as roose. 

king stannis did not stle winterfell from the starks and did not name roose warden, bran is still rightfull warden and rightfull lord of wyman

ya but nobody knows bran is alive, so he's under the assumption Rickon is the rightful lord.

• 7 months later...

Selyse & Melisandre 

Stannis has no chance to get on the IT as long as he worships Rhollor

Edwyn Frey (as a heir of Walder Frey)

Give me that Frey succesion war

Ser Emmon Frey

Its not that I dislike him that much. But if he keeps RR I would be disappointed

I want to see Wex Pyke return and lose. He has the opportunity to try to communicate things, like the fake deaths of the Stark brothers, and did nothing. Yes, it would have been hard for, but try. Also he could have given away Ramsay's falsehood as him.

4 hours ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

I want to see Wex Pyke return and lose. He has the opportunity to try to communicate things, like the fake deaths of the Stark brothers, and did nothing. Yes, it would have been hard for, but try. Also he could have given away Ramsay's falsehood as him.

While I don't like the thread title your Wex remark got my grey cells working.

During the sack of WF by Ramsey Wex managed to hide out in the gods wood or is that wolfs wood. After Bran, Hodor, Osha and the crannognog kids come out of the crypts they find Luwin and discussion happens. Theon disappears in Clash of King book two. CUT.

In Dance with Dragons book five Manderly and his sidekick Glover introduce Davos, the dead man, to Wex.

Wex, the mute Iron Born, supposedly had been tracking Rickon, Shaggy and Osha and somehow ended up in the custody of Manderly.

A Dance with Dragons - Davos IV    "Wex is ironborn. He was Theon Greyjoy's squire. Wex was at Winterfell." Glover sat. "How much does Lord Stannis know of what transpired at Winterfell?"    Davos thought back on the tales they'd heard. "Winterfell was captured by Theon Greyjoy, who had once been Lord Stark's ward. He had Stark's two young sons put to death and mounted their heads above the castle walls. When the northmen came to oust him, he put the entire castle to sword, down to the last child, before he himself was slain by Lord Bolton's bastard."/

Except this reader knows that Ramsey not Theon put the entire castle to sword.

Yet, Manderly via Wex the mute who is learning his letters was able to come to the conclusion the Bastard, I assume this means Ramsey, did the deed.

A Dance with Dragons - Davos IV   Robett Glover took up the tale. "We may never know all that happened at Winterfell, when Ser Rodrik Cassel tried to take the castle back from Theon Greyjoy's ironmen. The Bastard of Bolton claims that Greyjoy murdered Ser Rodrik during a parley. Wex says no. Until he learns more letters we will never know half the truth … but he came to us knowing yes and no, and those can go a long way once you find the right questions."     "It was the Bastard who murdered Ser Rodrik and the men of Winterfell," said Lord Wyman. "He slew Greyjoy's ironmen as well. Wex saw men cut down trying to yield. When we asked how he escaped, he took a chunk of chalk and drew a tree with a face."

Interesting chapter that DwD Davos IV. Still, I dunna understand how Wex the mute who is learning his letters managed to get an audience with Lord Manderly.

46 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

While I don't like the thread title your Wex remark got my grey cells working.

During the sack of WF by Ramsey Wex managed to hide out in the gods wood or is that wolfs wood. After Bran, Hodor, Osha and the crannognog kids come out of the crypts they find Luwin and discussion happens. Theon disappears in Clash of King book two. CUT.

In Dance with Dragons book five Manderly and his sidekick Glover introduce Davos, the dead man, to Wex.

Wex, the mute Iron Born, supposedly had been tracking Rickon, Shaggy and Osha and somehow ended up in the custody of Manderly.

A Dance with Dragons - Davos IV    "Wex is ironborn. He was Theon Greyjoy's squire. Wex was at Winterfell." Glover sat. "How much does Lord Stannis know of what transpired at Winterfell?"    Davos thought back on the tales they'd heard. "Winterfell was captured by Theon Greyjoy, who had once been Lord Stark's ward. He had Stark's two young sons put to death and mounted their heads above the castle walls. When the northmen came to oust him, he put the entire castle to sword, down to the last child, before he himself was slain by Lord Bolton's bastard."/

Except this reader knows that Ramsey not Theon put the entire castle to sword.

Yet, Manderly via Wex the mute who is learning his letters was able to come to the conclusion the Bastard, I assume this means Ramsey, did the deed.

A Dance with Dragons - Davos IV   Robett Glover took up the tale. "We may never know all that happened at Winterfell, when Ser Rodrik Cassel tried to take the castle back from Theon Greyjoy's ironmen. The Bastard of Bolton claims that Greyjoy murdered Ser Rodrik during a parley. Wex says no. Until he learns more letters we will never know half the truth … but he came to us knowing yes and no, and those can go a long way once you find the right questions."     "It was the Bastard who murdered Ser Rodrik and the men of Winterfell," said Lord Wyman. "He slew Greyjoy's ironmen as well. Wex saw men cut down trying to yield. When we asked how he escaped, he took a chunk of chalk and drew a tree with a face."

Interesting chapter that DwD Davos IV. Still, I dunna understand how Wex the mute who is learning his letters managed to get an audience with Lord Manderly.

Exactly. I do think Wex could have tried much harder to communicate his knowledge, but GRRM put him in a position to make it extremely difficult. How the story might change if he communicated his knowledge more efficiently.

5 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Exactly. I do think Wex could have tried much harder to communicate his knowledge, but GRRM put him in a position to make it extremely difficult. How the story might change if he communicated his knowledge more efficiently.

What I was trying to unsuccessfully communicate is Wex, is a mute.. Mutes aren't stupid. They just can't verbally speak.

Martin's character Wex supposedly doesn't know how to write or read.  That makes communication difficult.

All that aside --- anyone got any ideas how Wex managed to get an audience with Manderly?

That was exactly my point - Wex knew what he saw and although communication was difficult he did not really try to communicate the information.

As for Manderly, I haven't studied Wex lately but if memory serves he got this as they knew, or thougt he knew, more about Ramsay and Theon and WF gang takeover and they really did want to know. They even asked him abut his escape and how he got there. So they knew that he knew stuff. He was also Theon's squire and thus was likely to know even more than was communicated in the books (his most important info from the books was the story of the Stark kids escape and the Theons subterfuge regarding same).

From an old movie "What we have here is a failure to communicate" (Cool Hand Luke, 1967)

Archived