Deadwood... the Film?

The BlackBear

On 12/19/2018 at 9:42 PM, Nictarion said:

Ok now I can actually believe it’s happening. 

Same. NOW I can get excited for this.

I know I should be happy, but if only we could get Vorenus and Pullo back on the big screen too...

On 12/21/2018 at 7:22 AM, Myrddin said:

I know I should be happy, but if only we could get Vorenus and Pullo back on the big screen too...

Definitely wouldn't mind a series of the The Adventures of Centurion Vorenus and Titus Pullo.. Watched a scene from Rome just now and was cracking up.

"Those lions you bought me were useless. Wouldn't pull my chariot for shit. And bit the arm off a perfectly good groom." - Mark Antony

22 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Definitely wouldn't mind a series of the The Adventures of Centurion Vorenus and Titus Pullo.. Watched a scene from Rome just now and was cracking up.

"Those lions you bought me were useless. Wouldn't pull my chariot for shit. And bit the arm off a perfectly good groom." - Mark Antony

I want to be sitting with Octavia, witnessing the Atia - Livia smackdown.  That would be quite a tale!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ian McShane: Return to 'Deadwood' was a 'surreal, out-of-body' experience

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2019/02/13/ian-mcshane-discusses-hbo-deadwood-reunion-film/2858504002/

Making the film was "surreal, out of body ... going back 15 years with the people you've loved and worked with," McShane said in an interview at the Television Critics Association.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From the set:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/david-milch-deadwood-movie.html#_ga=2.152662777.1933356406.1556037757-1579067836.1556037757

The film’s tightly focused nature might’ve made it feel like a final summation even without the extra-dramatic frame of Milch’s Alzheimer’s, which is insinuated in fleeting exchanges — as when Brad Dourif’s Doc Cochran asks Al what day it is and he mistakenly says Tuesday when it’s Friday. The tale is suffused with a melancholy acceptance of the passage of time and the certainty of aging and death. These heavy themes were a relief to the actors, though: W. Earl Brown, who returns as Dan Dority, Al’s right-hand man, says his first reaction on reading the script was “relief, not just because it was a beautiful piece of work but because the fact that it was set ten years later meant I wouldn’t have to dye my hair and go to the gym.”

On 3/8/2019 at 6:51 PM, WarGalley said:

I found this article interesting regarding some of the real life events that inspired some of the characters and stories in Deadwood. Makes me appreciate the extra detail to make it feel more real (the soap con for example).

https://www.grunge.com/147158/the-disturbing-true-stories-that-inspired-deadwood/?amp=1

I listened to an interesting podcast episode on the real Deadwood. It was an episode of Most Notorious! A True Crime History Podcast with guest Barbara Fifer. She's the co-author of Deadwood Saints and Sinners. Her co-author was Jerry Bryant, a consultant on Deadwood. Interesting facts about real-life Deadwood and Al Swearengen.

Archived