Deadwood... the Film?

The BlackBear

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/arts/television/deadwood-the-movie-hbo.html

Recreating Deadwood the town ten years later:

...if reassembling the show’s enormous ensemble cast 13 years on was a herculean task, reassembling the town of Deadwood itself was no less knotty, or crucial. The series is named “Deadwood” after all — the locale is just as important as any single cast member, the story of its 19th-century gentrification intertwined with the rising and falling fortunes of its inhabitants. So the filmmakers needed to get the place right.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I cant believe it's out this weekend. How very exciting. 

I’ve not seen a single trailer though...

I am so excited for this. I've been rewatching the show and am in the middle of season 2 now and it was just such an incredible achievement. From what I remember, season 3 was much weaker and the ending of the season was anti-climactic, so I am very excited to see how it's all going to get resolved. And it's gotten quite good reviews so far. 

There have been articles of all sorts about it on the entertainment sites and magazines for at least a month.  I read a long q&a yesterday with Oliphant at EW or somewhere like that.  Vulture's been doing a lot.  A long piece with the trailer in the NY Times, etc. last week. There have been posters up in the subways for quite some time.  I get HBO updates with it in my e-box nearly every day.  It's not a theatrical release, so what should they do?

I've put off watching the 4th Chernobyl episode to try and get a rewatch done before June 1st (which is when it'll be available on HBO Nordic). About at the halfway mark, so we'll see! 

Archived