No Electricity

A True Kaniggit

It is now approaching 5 hours since a thunder storm knocked out the power along my road.

No one has turned to cannibalism yet, though I fear it is only a matter of time.

Roving bands of marauders have already taken to the streets in search of food. 

I think I'll get a jump on things and be the first to start a savage tribe in the area.

Just got to decide what my tribe emblem should be. Thinking about  keeping it simple. Skull on pike maybe.

Edit: Now what should I raid for first? Loot or supplies?

We got back from Indian Creek yesterday and saw that our power had blinked, but couldn't have been for long, so we were lucky.

But we were on vacation last week.  House already started being reclaimed by nature.  You can probably watch it in realtime, honestly.  Whatever the hell the swamp grass is in our yard grows like some demon spawn of kudzu and actual grass.

The apocalypse was a bust. Only had to go 22 hours without power (my record is only 3 days) The milk didn't even go bad, so I've been drinking it like crazy for no reason. 

The last of the mutants are being put down as we speak, and I'm about to go remove the border stakes I was using to mark my territory. 

And I went here in hopes of reading about the founding of a cannibal tribe, that feeds on local militia men.

The conclusion was such a let down, if there was a yelp review for it, I wouldn't even bother to register to vote for it... 

2 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

The worst part is having to reset the clock on the stove top

I'll get around to that later. 

Edit: First I have to do what every sane person does after a lengthy power outage. Catch up on all the new episodes of my shows. 

On 7/30/2018 at 12:00 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Down below 5% power on the phone. Looks like I'm out until someone gets over here and fixes that power cable.

Wish me luck. I'll see y'all on the other side. If there is an other side. 

Next time this happens just put the phone in a bag of rice I've heard people have good results with this.

6 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Next time this happens just put the phone in a bag of rice I've heard people have good results with this.

Yeah. I once twisted my ankle, then put it in a bag of rice. It did wonders bringing down the swelling. 

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Yeah. I once twisted my ankle, then put it in a bag of rice. It did wonders bringing down the swelling. 

Huh must have been a different grain probably millet or something.  Not your fault, all grains are probably the same to a penguin.  As far as I know rice is for phones not joints, but how could you have known?  Bless yer little frozen, feathered, heart.

Can't help but mention this thread has brought nostalgia for me.  Haven't been the victim of a long term blackout since 2003 - in which I was victim to this one that actually has a wikipedia page.  Since then I just go to a bar and wait it out.

But I fondly remember that one.  I was about to go away to college at 18 and my parents were out of town (as Italy tends to be in upstate New York).  My brother and I hit up my dad's generators and we just got drunk and high with a couple dozen of our closest friends in my garage for three days straight.  It was an awesome sendoff.

Archived