4. Theon joining Ironborns' Northern campaign
  5. Stannis declaring himself king after Robert Baratheon's death
  6. Renly declaring himself king 
  7. Jon Snow ruling as LC of NW
  8. What Varys and Illyrio plan
  9. Tyrion killing his father
  10. Red Wedding

1. Yes
  2. I wouldn't characterize her behavior as murder in the RL, and no to Braavos
  3. Kind of hard to blame her for acting out of self preservation
  4. No 
  5. Would prefer both of them fighting against the Lannisters to win and figure out what to do or whom to crown later
  6. See five
  7. He was duly elected, though with a bit of trickery.
  8. Nope
  9. I would have in his place but had Jaime not mentioned his role with Tysha 
  10. Definitely not, though I see why Tywin did it

53 minutes ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Do you support ... ?

1. Dany's anti-slavery campaigns in Slaver Bay
  2. Arya murdering people in Riverlands and Braavos
  3. Sansa scheming with LF against Robert Arryn
  10. Red Wedding
  1. Yes - Slavery is bad.
  2. Yes - More so in the Riverlands which were done out of necessity. Braavos was more playing God and revenge.
  3. Yes - Self preservation.
  4. No - His father is a cunt, and he should have recognised that as soon as he got to the Iron Islands.
  5. Yes - Technically speaking he is the rightful King after Robert's death.
  6. No - He has an older brother, and him hosting tourneys everyday proves he isn't taking the situation seriously.
  7. Yes - Having new blood in charge is better then having some old man too stuck in his old ways of doing things.
  8. Yes - Fake or not, Aegon seems like a decent person overall, plus he would make a better ruler then the Lannisters. 
  9. Yes - As someone who wanted to see the Lannisters get knocked down a peg, hell yes. 
  10. No - It just makes you look like a coward who couldn't defeat a 15 year old boy in the field.  

1 hour ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Do you support ... ?

10. Red Wedding

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

4. No

5. Yes , he is the rightful King.

6. No

7. Yes

8. Illyrio wants his son to be king , Varys what's good for the realm

9. Yes

10. No 

5 hours ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Do you support ... ?

1. Dany's anti-slavery campaigns in Slaver Bay?  Yes I do.  Helping to bring freedom to that cursed region is the moral thing to do.  That makes Dany a hero.
  2. Arya murdering people in Riverlands and Braavos?  I do not.  The murder of the old insurance underwriter was not justice.  
  3. Sansa scheming with LF against Robert Arryn?  I do not.  I hope somebody pulls the rug from under LF and Sansa.  I am hoping for Robert Arryn to turn the tables on them and have them both killed.  The moondoor would do.
  4. Theon joining Ironborns' Northern campaign?  I do not.  Yes, he was a hostage of the Starks but he could have taken refuge in Pyke.  He did not have to attack the north.  
  5. Stannis declaring himself king after Robert Baratheon's death?  I do not.  He had no right to do that, because I am a believer that the rightful rulers are the children of King Aerys Targaryen.  That would be Viserys and Daenerys.  
  6. Renly declaring himself king?  I am on the fence with this one.  Big Robert usurped the throne so why not him.  If Rob can do it why not Ren. 
  7. Jon Snow ruling as LC of NW?  I do.  He had the right, by virtue of a rigged election.  But since it was never proven that the election was a sham, just like it was never proven that Joffrey was not a Baratheon, we have to accept his right to the office.  He was terrible at it and the worst commander since the Night's King though.
  8. What Varys and Illyrio plan?  To restore the Targaryens.  Hell yeah.  
  9. Tyrion killing his father?  I do not.  That was murder.
  10. Red Wedding?  Yes.  For one, I do not like the Starks.  Second, it was an efficient way to end a rebellion that would have taken many more lives.   Robb had no right to declare himself king.  He was asking to get betrayed because he disrespected his allies.

6 hours ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Do you support ... ?

1. Dany's anti-slavery campaigns in Slaver Bay. Yes. Slavery is wrong and any world will never progress if it continues. Dany has tried being peaceful, but the Ghiscari culture is so old and dead set in their ways that they just need to be annihilated for the rest of the world to move forward. Plus the will always hate anyone Valyrian. 
  2. Arya murdering people in Riverlands and Braavos. Yes in Riverlands, because it's what the story made her do. Yes for Bravos just because I want to see where the arc goes and it's not like anyone she's killed so far is an okay person. that may change though.
  3. Sansa scheming with LF against Robert Arryn. Maybe, fuck Sweetrobin, but fuck LF to. "boy lords are the bane of any kingdom." Maybe Sansa will smarten up before he dies and there's still time for him to develop into not a piece of shit. Otherwise, Sansa's sympathy for him may mean his death will parallel Nisa Nisa. there's a prophecy you don't hear much of. 
  4. Theon joining Ironborns' Northern campaign. Hell no. he could have done literally anything else and it would have been better. Fuck Balon and the stark's were his real family.
  5. Stannis declaring himself king after Robert Baratheon's death. Yes, I'm a Stan man but his actions up until going to the wall were folly.
  6. Renly declaring himself king. No.
  7. Jon Snow ruling as LC of NW. Yes, he's made some big mistakes and paid dearly for them. I think he's justified in any support given to Stannis though. he was doing what needed to be done to create peace and get rid of some hatred between the Wildlings and Northerners.
  8. What Varys and Illyrio plan No. I'll get into what I believe were Illyrio's true intentions on the Dany/Drogo marriage later but for me, Vary's character was killed off in ADWD epilogue. he was always "for the realm." foreign mercenaries invading and killing people never benefit the realm. If he really wanted what's best for the smallfolk, he'd let Kevan rule through Tommen. Kevan was doing a good job. Killing him ruined his epic speech in Ned's dungeon back in the first book. 
  9. Tyrion killing his father ? the god's will decide. It's impossible to say it hasn't been fun reading all the chaos in tywins death afterwards though.
  10. Red Wedding Yes. a war's a war and anyone would do the same to end one. 

I think Dany getting married to Drogo was the "gift," that noblemen will give to dothraki to stop their city from getting destroyed. without Dany, the Dothraki may have sacked Pentos. Afterward, he saw an opportunity with the War of 5 king's and let Jon/Golden Company know about a plan to take over Westeros, but it didn't fall through. 

7 hours ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Do you support ... ?

10. Red Wedding

1.  Yes.  A world that allows slavery is not one worth saving.  

2.  It was self-defense in the Riverlands.  Yes there.  No in Braavos.  The killings in Braavos were wrong.

3.  No.  Sansa has no excuse for slowly murdering a helpless little boy who loves her.  

4.  No.  Siding with your family even if they are wrong is the biggest problem in Westeros.  Family loyalty can be a bad thing.

5.  Yes.  The crown is up for grabs.  It's been this way since Jaime assassinated King Aerys II.

6.  Yes.  See number 6.

7.  Yes.  He won the votes.  That makes him the leader.  Competence doesn't factor in.  

8.  Yes.  See number 6.  The crown is up for grabs.  The sanctity of the order of succession was violated when Robert took the throne from the Targaryens.  It doesn't matter anymore.  Varys and Illyrio can plot all they like.  I believe Rickard and Robert were doing the same before the rebellion.

9.  No.  Tyrion was living off his father's gold since he was born.  He owed Tywin.

10.  Yes.  Walder can't go back to Tywin without offering something.   He fought against the Lannisters and his men killed their men.  He had to earn his way back in.   Roose needed this chance to take Robb down and keep the north part of the kingdom.  What Robb wanted to do was more harmful than good.  

8 minutes ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

4.  No.  Siding with your family even if they are wrong is the biggest problem in Westeros.  Family loyalty can be a bad thing.

9.  No.  Tyrion was living off his father's gold since he was born.  He owed Tywin.

These two seem to be at odds with each other. Both families have their problems and both sons had good reason to resent/hate their father. Is family loyalty important or not?

I expected better from the paramour of Scaramouche! :P

:fencing:

Just now, Trefayne said:

These two seem to be at odds with each other. Both families have their problems and both sons had good reason to resent/hate their father. Is family loyalty important or not?

Theon doesn't owe Balon anything.  His father surrendered him to the Starks.  He was practically a hostage.  Theon sided with his family even though they were not worth his loyalty.

Tyrion owed his lavish lifestyle to Tywin.  He would have died at the Eyrie if not for his Lannister gold.  Tywin was a generous father.  

5 minutes ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

... Tywin was a generous father.  

Except for hating him and wishing him dead for killing his wife and grafting that hate onto Cersei to "enjoy". Monetary generosity is not the only form of kindness and love. Tywin makes it clear to Tyrion that he saved him only because his name was Lannister and that his capture was an embarrassment to their house that couldn't stand unchallenged.

Renley certainly had no love for his family and he never wanted for anything material either.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

8 minutes ago, Trefayne said:

A true movie fan.  I am impressed.  

12 hours ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Do you support ... ?

1. Dany's anti-slavery campaigns in Slaver Bay - Even though I'm against slavery, Dany's method seems wrong. There are thousands dead, freed slaves are starving and want to go back to their masters, there's rebellion inside the walls of Mereen. Ex-slaves just dont seem capable of taking care of themselves, Dany should have thought of a long term solution instead of just acting on emotion.
  2. Arya murdering people in Riverlands and Braavos - Arya took the only path that was open to her and it's a dark one. I don't support it but she's getting stronger and more importantly she's surviving.
  3. Sansa scheming with LF against Robert Arryn - Not sure how scheming with Littlefinger can end well, but she seems to be doing fine so far. Sweetrobin seems unable to ever assume the Lord role but I wouldn't want to see him murdered.
  4. Theon joining Ironborns' Northern campaign - I'm 100% against that, but then again what could he do? He had certain hopes and plans in his mind that were ruined the moment he set foot on the Iron Islands. The only other possible solution is speak against your father/King and get imprisoned or even executed.
  6. Renly declaring himself king  - Stannis is in the right by being the older brother and heir to Robert, but Renly has huge support both from Lords and smallfold alike. If Stannis declared for Renly it would be a Fredo - Michael Corleone relationship which I could never see Stannis doing. If Renly declared for Stannis I doubt any of the lords following him would do the same because Stannis inspire no love or loyalty. In my opinion they should put pride aside and work something together as brothers, but sadly that didn't happen.
  7. Jon Snow ruling as LC of NW - From Jon's POVs you can actually see that's his trying his best so I support him. I don't think there are other brothers capable of leading in the Watch.
  8. What Varys and Illyrio plan - Even though we don't know what's really going on between them, Varys seem to actually want the best for the realm, seeing as he's trying to save capable people like Tyrion and Eddard.
  9. Tyrion killing his father - The fact that Tysha wasn't a whore after all and Tywin had her gang raped in front of his son who truly loved her makes it, in my opinion, the most disgusting act in ASOIAF. So I fully support Tyrion's act on that.
  10. Red Wedding - Having in mind how serious breaking the guest right is in ASOIAF make it seem even more cruel that it is. Even if it ruined my soul when I read that, I get why Tywin did it. Most of the realm was out of control so he had to act in time and as successfully as he could.

13 hours ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Do you support ... ?

10. Red Wedding

1. Yes. Though Ghiscari would need long process of deslaverfication.

2. Mixed. First two (stableboy and Bolton's man) were neccessary, for third (Tickler), i'm not sure, but no to killing Dareon.

3. Nope.

4. I don't know

5. Yes.

6. No. Whether he knew truth about Joff's parentage or not, doesn't matter.

7. He is maybe stil young, though Watch had ten year old as LC.

8. If it is for good of Realm, then yes.

9. No, it only made him kinslayer.

10. No. House lost any respect its had.

On 7/30/2018 at 2:49 PM, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Do you support ... ?

10. Red Wedding

1. Yes.  If ever there was a good justification for battle, this is it.  Dany's work to free the slaves is an act of mercy.  The masters are evil men who have been practicing slavery for thousands of years.  Their sin is beyond anything that happened in Westeros.  It is time to put an end to the slave trade.  
  2. I cannot support Arya's killings.  Her heart is in the wrong place.  Revenge is harmful to healing the wounds caused by the War of the Five Kings.  Her family was just as guilty as any other.  
  3. I do not support Sansa's scheming.  She should protect her cousin from LF instead of slowly poisoning the lad.
  4. I cannot support Theon's raid of the north.  He was no longer a hostage but a trusted friend.  
  5. I do not and will not support Stannis Baratheon's claim.  Westeros belongs to Daenerys.  
  6. I do support this even though I do not believe the Baratheons had the right to rule in the first place.  I support this because it created a rift between the Baratheons brothers and weakened them.  This is advantageous to the Targaryens.
  7. As much as I despise Jon, yes.  Procedures were followed and votes taken.  He got the majority and that is that.  Rules of the watch must be followed and obeyed.  He turned out lousy but he was still the legal commander.
  8. Yes.  Because they have the right to plot against the usurpers.
  9. No.  Tyrion was wrong to kill an old man in the dumper.  That was emotion and hate.  Tyrion was no better than Stoneheart that moment.
  10. Yes.  Tywin was losing on the battle field.  He had no other way to beat the savages except through Walder and Roose.

Do you support ... ?

10. Red Wedding

1)  Yes

2)  No

3)  No

4)  Yes

5)  Yes

6)  Yes

7)  Yes

8)  Yes

9)  No

10)  Yes for Walder Frey; No for Tywin (he started the war in the river lands); No for Roose (Robb treated him with respect).  Only Walder was wronged by the Starks.  

On 7/30/2018 at 8:49 PM, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Do you support ... ?

10. Red Wedding

1. Yes

2. No

3. She has little choice, does she?

4. No (but lacking a therapeut it was foreseeable, that's why Cat thought it was a stupid idea to send him)

5. politically understandable

6. politically understandable

7. he was elected, so yes

8. Do they even follow the same plan? If it's "for the realm", when yes

9. emotionally understandable in that moment (beside it was necessary for the plot), else no

10. No, even though it was a clever plan (Tywin's side) to end a war with as little further looses as possible. For Walder the revenge came quite costly, and I doubt it will pay out for Roose.

Do you support ... ?

1. Dany's anti-slavery campaigns in Slaver Bay.   I support this.  It's a justified use of force against slavery.
  2. Arya murdering people in Riverlands and Braavos.  I support what she had to do in the Riverlands but I strongly condemn her for killing the old man selling insurance and for the murder of Dareon.
  3. Sansa scheming with LF against Robert Arryn.  This is wrong for so many reasons.  Robin is a helpless innocent.  I don't support Sansa.
  4. Theon joining Ironborns' Northern campaign.  Sure.  Theon doesn't owe the Starks.
  5. Stannis declaring himself king after Robert Baratheon's death.  No.  He doesn't have enough proof to take the throne from his nephew.
  6. Renly declaring himself king.  No.
  7. Jon Snow ruling as LC of NW.  I don't agree with it but he was voted in.  Somebody needs to look at the irregularities of the voting to determine if it was fair.  He rules until something irregular can be proven against him.  So yeah, a grudging yes.
  8. What Varys and Illyrio plan.  Sure.  They wanted to return the kingdom back to its founders.
  9. Tyrion killing his father.  No.
  10. Red Wedding.  I support it because Robb disrespected House Frey.  

Do you support ... ?

10. Red Wedding