why do people think cersei didnt want bran dead

goldenlion

I have seen multiple people claiming that even cersei thought jaime was too reckless in pushing bran off the tower or that even cersei felt jaime was too quick to murder when they are forgetting what 

“He saw us,” the woman said shrilly.

“So he did,” the man said.

Bran’s fingers started to slip. He grabbed the ledge with his other hand. Fingernails dug into unyielding stone. The man reached down. “Take my hand,” he said. “Before you fall.”

Bran seized his arm and held on tight with all his strength. The man yanked him up to the ledge. “What are you doing?” the woman demanded.

The man ignored her. He was very strong. He stood Bran up on the sill. “How old are you, boy?”

“Seven,” Bran said, shaking with relief. His fingers had dug deep gouges in the man’s forearm. He let go sheepishly.

The man looked over at the woman. “The things I do for love,” he said with loathing. He gave Bran a shove.

Before Jaime pushed Bran out of the window, he looked at Cersei. He loathed the act but still pushed Bran out of the window. Cersei is known to make her point without saying the words. There is another example of this.

“Yes,” he [Pycelle] wimpered, “yes, Colemon was purging, so I sent him away. The queen needed Lord Arryn dead, she did not say so, could not, Varys was listening, always listening, but when I looked at her I knew. It was not me who gave him the poison, though, I swear it.”

cersei showed throughout the series to have no problem lying and believing her own lies where she twists her memories in a way contrary to what really happened.

li

Cersei is a liar. Worse, she lies to herself when the ugly truth is unbearable for her. She whitewashes herself all the time. In her POVs, we don’t see any confession about how she killed Melara but it is heavily implied that she pushed her to the well she died.

why dont more people notice this or remember the chapter where jaime pushed bran  seriously I have seen many people under the impression that cersei didnt want bran dead and that jaime was just impulsive . @Mithras

Cersei pushed Jaime into pushing Bran. The whole, "he saw us, he saw us!" (Paraphrasing maybe) was her pushing Jaime into it. 

Why don't ppl see it? Dunno. Denial is a powerful thing.

Yeah. It is actually about leadership, responsibility. It is why Cersei is a terrible leader and Jaime will prove to be one of the best. Jaime will take decisive action and live and die by it, right or wrong he won't run from it. Cersei will sit back and wait for someone else to do the deed, if they don't then she'll put the blame on them for inaction, if they do then she'll complain they didn't do it right.

Archived