I would like to start a club

Myshkin

I'm not a mod or anything, but based on my experience posting in a restricted forum the first time, I would say from five days to a week. There aren't many mods and they have real lives too. Be patient, they'll get to you (assuming the club passes approval for content reasons).

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Can I join!!

You were always gonna be my first choice. As soon as my mod approval comes through I’ll throw you an invite, if that’s how it works. I don’t know how it all works yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 7:28 AM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Sorry -- I was out of town for a few days. Let me chat with the other mods -- we started working out the general rules for clubs, but then life intervened and I don't think the mod team has quite finished up with that process. Will advise ASAP. 

Hellooo. Any updates on the clubs option? There have been a few of us chatting in messages about how we would like to start a club and what that entails.

Thanks,

TF Leech

13 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

SQUEE! It's Lord Wraith come back to us :D

Would it be too scary to put the word SQUEE into the title of said club?  Oh, I got it.  The Sports SQUEE Club or The Sporting SQUEE Club!  LOLOL  Whatchya think? 

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Would it be too scary to put the word SQUEE into the title of said club?  Oh, I got it.  The Sports SQUEE Club or The Sporting SQUEE Club!  LOLOL  Whatchya think? 

It could be the SQUEE CLUB, and members would Squeegees :D

So, official plan is this: we're going to start approving clubs, with a three month probationary period and after that we'll evaluate if clubs are a worthwhile addition to the forum community.

We'll consider any and all applications for clubs, but would suggest that they be not just one-off jokes, to save us time from having to reject them. :P  Not saying they can't be aimed at being humorous, but there has to be some sort of substance to it as well. Clubs about sports, hobbies, particular interest areas related to the books, possibly favorite characters, etc. -- all sound good to me. Clubs organized around hating things, on the other hand, shall likely be rejected.

11 minutes ago, Ran said:

So, official plan is this: we're going to start approving clubs, with a three month probationary period and after that we'll evaluate if clubs are a worthwhile addition to the forum community.

We'll consider any and all applications for clubs, but would suggest that they be not just one-off jokes, to save us time from having to reject them. :P  Not saying they can't be aimed at being humorous, but there has to be some sort of substance to it as well. Clubs about sports, hobbies, particular interest areas related to the books, possibly favorite characters, etc. -- all sound good to me. Clubs organized around hating things, on the other hand, shall likely be rejected.

Good news everyone! 

Thank you. As for me and the Squeegees, it is sports related. 

On 8/23/2018 at 1:23 PM, Ran said:

Spoilsport.

Archived