Fantasy Football 2018

Whiskeyjack

20 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Westeros A is a mostly set group of owners.  Please let me know if you are up for playing again this year.

@Mexal
@Jace, Basilissa
@Jaime L
@fuentez1138
@Prince of the North
@Week
@JJ Lannister
@Lord Dracarys

We currently have 1 spot open, which I'll be looking to fill soon.

I'm still a go to play in A again this year. I also have Dynasty, Keeper, and Expert I believe. I'd be up for B or C depending on what's available.

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Congrats on making it to W-A my friend. Last year you vowed repeatedly in the face of intense doubt from me and others you would make this league. So I gotta hand it to you, you're a man of your word. 

Oh wait, that was Experts. 

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

Oh yeah, this reminds me that I'm also back for Thunderdome.  And I'll see your David Johnson and raise you Aaron Rodgers AND Deshaun Watson!:tantrum:

Oh yeah? C League Championship, Jace’s best player was Gurley and mine was Brown. Gurley had the best game of his life while Brown was out with a torn calf. If both guys played to their averages I would have beat her, but instead I have to listen to her yammer on about her being an expert despite the fact that she’s a complete fraud! Girl can’t draft worth a lick and just pesters people into making bad trades.     

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

Oh yeah, this reminds me that I'm also back for Thunderdome.  And I'll see your David Johnson and raise you Aaron Rodgers AND Deshaun Watson!:tantrum:

Yeah you win that one buddy. :fencing:  I fought my way back in and get booted after one year again! Damn it I hate that Bob Barker! We just have to scrap our way back in POTN. 

45 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Oh yeah? C League Championship, Jace’s best player was Gurley and mine was Brown. Gurley had the best game of his life while Brown was out with a torn calf. If both guys played to their averages I would have beat her, but instead I have to listen to her yammer on about her being an expert despite the fact that she’s a complete fraud! Girl can’t draft worth a lick and just pesters people into making bad trades.     

There must be stats on this somewhere...but I'm too lazy to look:  I wonder what proportion of fantasy football league champions last year had Gurley on their team?  Gotta be pretty high, right?

ETA: OK, I overcame my laziness/incompetence and found that 47.1% of championship teams had Gurley last year.  And his performance in what is the vast majority of leagues' playoffs (weeks 14-16) was unbelievable! :stunned:

30 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

Yeah you win that one buddy. :fencing:  I fought my way back in and get booted after one year again! Damn it I hate that Bob Barker! We just have to scrap our way back in POTN. 

Oh, that sucks!  I didn't realize you were only back for a single season.  And, yes, hopefully we'll both be back in that lofty company one day:P

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Congrats on making it to W-A my friend. Last year you vowed repeatedly in the face of intense doubt from me and others you would make this league. So I gotta hand it to you, you're a man of your word. 

Oh wait, that was Experts. 

````````````````***``````````
``````````````*888*``````````
`````````````8888*```````````
````````````8888*````````````
```````````*88**````**```````
```````````**8888*```````````
``````````*8888888*``````````
`````````*88888888*``````````
````````*888888888**88*``````
````````888888888**888```````
```````888888888*8888*```````
`````*8888888888888**````````
`````888888888888*`888*``````
````888888888888``88888*`````
````8888888888*88888888``````
``````*888888888888888```````
```````*8*`88888`888*````````
`````````````````````````````

/no fire emoji :(

Put me in for C.  This year I'm going to try not have $48 left for my final bench spot.

I suppose ending my 'drink a ton of scotch or bourbon' tradition during the auction might help, but screw that.

4 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

You should read my book Art of the Steal: A Fantasy Football Erotica.

2 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Put me in for C.  This year I'm going to try not have $48 left for my final bench spot.

I suppose ending my 'drink a ton of scotch or bourbon' tradition during the auction might help, but screw that.

Remember when you thought you could strong arm me for a mediocre QB after I left with only TB12 on my roster? And then I won the league?

:smoking:

3 hours ago, mcbigski said:

You can go straight to hell if you do this. Having half of a 750 in your belly when the draft starts is a must!

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Is Jace admitting she's Chuck Tingle?

28 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

You can go straight to hell if you do this. Having half of a 750 in your belly when the draft starts is a must!

Is Jace admitting she's Chuck Tingle?

I admit nothing. 

Jace says everything. 

7 hours ago, Week said:

````````````````***``````````
``````````````*888*``````````
`````````````8888*```````````
````````````8888*````````````
```````````*88**````**```````
```````````**8888*```````````
``````````*8888888*``````````
`````````*88888888*``````````
````````*888888888**88*``````
````````888888888**888```````
```````888888888*8888*```````
`````*8888888888888**````````
`````888888888888*`888*``````
````888888888888``88888*`````
````8888888888*88888888``````
``````*888888888888888```````
```````*8*`88888`888*````````
`````````````````````````````

/no fire emoji :(

This thing is sweet. I'm saving it for future use. 

9 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Jace might be crazy but she drank your milkshake. She drank it up! 

I’m in for Experts and Thunderdome but unless another league desperately needs a manager I’m probably going to limit it to those as I’m moving not once but twice in the next two months :(

On 8/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

Westeros B and C are leagues that start over with new owners every year.  No preference or priority given to people who have been in the leagues in the past. 

B is a snake draft, while C is an auction.  Otherwise, they are the same setup.  The most important feature being that each one uses expanded lineups (2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 10 Bench).

Post here if you would like to signup for either league.  Going to start by limiting it to one of either B or C per person, just to make sure everyone has a chance to play.  So please specify which league you are joining when you post. 

That said, if you do want to play in both, make sure to also note that.  And if we end up having open spots, then those extra spaces will go to the people who requested to play in both leagues.

I'm in for C.  Thanks for running the league again.

15 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Remember when you thought you could strong arm me for a mediocre QB after I left with only TB12 on my roster? And then I won the league?

:smoking:

Well considering your showing in Warpups I'm going to chalk your title in C up to variance instead of competence.  :p

12 hours ago, Jaime L said:

This thing is sweet. I'm saving it for future use. 

Jace might be crazy but she drank your milkshake. She drank it up! 

That's not all she had to fill her belly....

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

That was a good one. 

Yep. That was pretty good. :blushing:

There's always another chance lol

Archived