Fantasy Football 2018

Whiskeyjack

On 8/11/2018 at 7:21 PM, BLU-RAY said:

If y'all end up needing someone to fill out one of these three leagues (am I correct in assuming these are the primary feeders for Experts, plus Thunderdome?), I am happy to fill in; if not, no worries.

Okay, so turns out there are 2 spots open in W-B.  The empty one I mentioned before, and also Week said he'd drop out so other people could play.

I'd like to give one to Blu Ray, since he's not in any of the other re-draft leagues.

For the second one, I'm just going to go by signup time, since 3 people said they'd take it.  From what I can tell, ME was first at 5:43 central, followed by Pyro at 9:11 and Jace at 9:58.  So I'm going to give that last spot to ME.

4 hours ago, Analu said:

Seems I'm too late to join again. Damnit

Whiskey, if any spot opens in a snake draft (preferably expanded roster), please sign me up. Thanks

Hey man, good to see you.  Hope life is going well.

Sucks that you missed the signups.  Will let you know if anything opens up.

2 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Hey man, good to see you.  Hope life is going well.

Sucks that you missed the signups.  Will let you know if anything opens up.

Thanks. Life's great bro, am really happy right now. Hope all's well with you too!

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Jace... could do a Westeros Warpups attempt again.

She can guarantee not to fuck it up this time.

Hi - If she does a league, would you mind asking her to sign me up please? My yahoo email handle is either [email protected] or [email protected]

I don't come here often so will probably miss it if she creates one. Thanks!

On 8/20/2018 at 6:26 PM, Analu said:

Hi - If she does a league, would you mind asking her to sign me up please? My yahoo email handle is either [email protected] or [email protected]

I don't come here often so will probably miss it if she creates one. Thanks!

we may have spots in Keeper which is a snake draft - but it is a keeper league so multi-year.

Hey, all - we still have an open slot in the Dynasty league if anyone wants in - it's an auction league, and you can check out the rules and the team you'd be taking over in the Dynasty League thread.

Please let us know if you'd like to play!

We've used Yahoo for our site for a long time but it appears that ESPN has taken a quantum leap forward in their Autodraft.

You can now designate the Maximum number of players at each position in the autodraft.  If you tell it to stop after 1 QB, it will.

You can also designate a position for each round.  If you want to take a defense in Round 15, it lets you tell it that.  Not sure how it deals with "Take a Kicker in round 16 but take Best Available Player in Round 11" - will it take a kicker then if that is its best available player? 

The choices for each round are:  Best Available Player, QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DST, "QB or WR" or "QB or RB".  I'd personally prefer "WR/RB" or QB/WR/RB but c'est la vie.

But any way you look at it, miles ahead of AutoDraft on Yahoo.

Don't think I'd be up for switching, unless there was something amazing and different on ESPN.  Don't really have many snake drafts (or autodrafters) so that doesn't stand out to me. 

Plus, I like Yahoo.  The site is easy and simple, comfortable with it, and also it has the history of all of our leagues there.

14 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Don't think I'd be up for switching, unless there was something amazing and different on ESPN.  Don't really have many snake drafts (or autodrafters) so that doesn't stand out to me. 

Plus, I like Yahoo.  The site is easy and simple, comfortable with it, and also it has the history of all of our leagues there.

I agree that it isn't yet enough of a bonus to give up our history, but it is a very nice feature.

Now if ESPN could handle spotty connections or absent players in Auction Leagues without bidding like OsRavan on methamphetamine that would probably tip the balance.

Off-board money league. 12 teams, 0.5ppr. We start 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, and a WR/RB/TE flex, which accounts for some, but not all, of the strangeness in my roster.

Tell me how shittily I did.

QB - Andrew Luck

WR - Doug Baldwin, Allen Robinson II, Emmanuel Sanders (Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Curtis Samuel)

RB - Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley (Latavius Murray, Jordan Wilkins, Ty Montgomery)

TE - Zach Ertz (Jordan Reed)

DST - Houston

K - Dan Bailey, of course

I hate this team, in part I think b/c it's a 12-player league and my mind is still normalized at 10-player. I had the 7th pick of 12, which means I picked in the middle of every round - not sure if that's preferable or not, but I did not like it. The Ty Montgomery pick was an accident - I was messing around with my queue, got booted from the draft, the guy at the top of my queue (Tyler Lockett) got taken the pick before me, and voila. I like Montgomery, but I could've probably gotten him in the last two rounds, and he might've cost me a chance at some better depth - not sure I can justify him w/ only 7 bench slots. Jordan Reed doesn't seem great when I already have Ertz, but since I can start both of them due to the flex, it isn't all that bad. RB depth is bad. 

I think I took Luck a round before I needed to, but there were only 6ish QBs off the board at the time, he was weirdly high in Yahoo, and the draft was hewing kind of close to the Yahoo ranks at that point. That and taking Ertz in the 3rd may be my biases haunting me. After going RB-RB-TE, I had to scramble a lot at WR.

Archived