Whiskeyjack (2) vs. JJ Lannister (6)

Westeros B
Whiskeyjack (1) vs. Blu-ray (4)
Lord Lyman (2) vs. JJ Lannister (6)

Westeros C
Whiskeyjack (1) vs. Jace (4)
Manhole (2) vs. Brian (6)

A few interesting notes:

• The 6 seed made it to the semi-finals in 3 of the 4 leagues.
  • JJ has been fighting hard to return to Experts, and he's still alive in 2 leagues.
  • In spite of him conceding the loss prior to the Monday night game, Week is actually still in the playoffs too.  He ended up saving his season with a 1 point win, when he got 4 points on the Wilson to Lockett hookup for a 2-point conversion in the fourth quarter.
  • Blu-ray somehow survived against the Derrick Henry Thursday night onslaught to comeback and win his game.

Dynasty
Grozeng (1) vs. Dracarys (5)
Race Bannon (2) vs. BluRay (6)

Keeper
Race Bannon (1) vs. Brian (5)
Bronn Stone (2) vs. Grozeng (6)

Thunderdome
Fuentez (1) vs. Bronn Stone (5)
JaimeL (2) vs. Mya Stone (6)

Survivor
Lord Lyman
Grozeng
Fuentez

All in all, not a bad year of fantasy.

10 leagues (plus Survivor)
8 playoff appearances
7 advances past round one despite no byes, including both of my pay leagues

And one of the two non-playoff leagues is my dynasty team on here, which I took over in shambles this year and wasn't expecting a playoff berth. 

Pretty happy with that.

Since S. Ware is now doubtful I have a decision to make at RB2: James White(at PIT), Gus Edwards(TB) or Breida(SEA).

White seems like the easy choice but Burkhead has been killing his production. Breida is still questionable too. My opponent picked up Damien Williams yesterday to block me also. 

Man, that Keenan Allen injury hurt.  Had him in the playoffs in one of my money leagues and that goose egg does me no favors.   Had Mike Williams on my bench too.  Whoo!

But to be fair, Mike Williams was not starting over Hopkins, Thielen, or Allen, so whatever.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:21 AM, Whiskeyjack said:
  • In spite of him conceding the loss prior to the Monday night game, Week is actually still in the playoffs too.  He ended up saving his season with a 1 point win, when he got 4 points on the Wilson to Lockett hookup for a 2-point conversion in the fourth quarter.

Goddammit -- this week is actually breaking for me too.

22 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

In Westeros A, I had the combination of Allen and Williams as well.  I spent a lot of time during last night's game wondering where this Williams has been all season?

He's been a solid red zone threat all season, but the main issue is that there are just a ton of mouths to feed in San Diego Los Angeles.

Williams is a second year player, so naturally he's being veterans like Melvin Gordon (a top five RB in the NFL this year) and Keenan Allen (a top ten WR), and they've also got quality role-players like Austin Ekeler and Tyrell Williams taking targets.  Just tough to be the WR2 in an offense that has a target hog WR1 and an elite pass-catching back like Gordon.  

I assume Tyrell Williams will move on this spring, which should open up Mike to more targets next year, as it'll be more of a two-man show with him and Allen.  Although Hunter Henry will presumably be back as well, so who knows?  This is a dynasty league, so acquiring Mike Williams as Keenan Allen insurance made sense to me given that the top WR is absolutely going to produce at a WR2 clip or better in that offense.

Also, this DeAndre Hopkins game is helping make up for Keenan Allen's goose egg.  It's been six weeks since Hopkins had a 20+ point game, but I'll sure as hell take this week as the bounce back.

Oh, and I'm starting Baker Mayfield over Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton in a money league.  Fuck it.  I'm all in.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:22 AM, Bronn Stone said:

Dynasty
Grozeng (1) vs. Dracarys (5)
Race Bannon (2) vs. BluRay (6)

Keeper
Race Bannon (1) vs. Brian (5)
Bronn Stone (2) vs. Grozeng (6)

Thunderdome
Fuentez (1) vs. Bronn Stone (5)
JaimeL (2) vs. Mya Stone (6)

Survivor
Lord Lyman
Grozeng
Fuentez

Most of the matchups are all-but-decided.  Race and I will face off in Keeper. Dynasty will be Race and LordDrac.  Thunderdome is me and Jaime.  Survivor is Groz and Fuentez.

Groz can catch LordDracarys in Dynasty with Brees + 106.60 but Drac has 139.84 + C. Mccaffrey.

The second most likely scenario changing that (and it isn't all that likely) is in Thunderdome where Fuentez has 77.22 + Lutz and I have 89.50 and Cam Newton.  So realistically for Fuentez to have a chance Lutz has to score in double digits AND Newton really poop the bed.

Alternately, in Keeper, Brian can catch Race with a 54.66 point night from Drew Brees.   Which might also bump Groz as above.

But none of those seem likely.

Absent a truly bizarre night (I have Cam and a 40 point lead, opponent has McCaffrey and the Saints D), I should make it to the championship in my money league. Pretty solid considering my number one pick had to be cut for off the field issues.

Nobody keeps the Straight Cash Homies down!!!

35 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Here are the matchups for the finals.

Experts
Whiskeyjack (1) vs. Jaime (3)

Westeros A
Fuentez (1) vs. Whiskeyjack (2)

Westeros B
Whiskeyjack (1) vs. JJ Lannister (6)

Westeros C
Whiskeyjack (1) vs. Brian (6)

Even though my team shit the bed and gave you the win in A this week, I have to say that this is impressive as hell WJ. Go ahead and win all of them except B so I can get my Experts spot back. 

Just now, JJ Lannister said:

Even though my ream shit the bed and gave you the win in A this week, I have to say that this is impressive as hell WJ. Go ahead and win all of them except B so I can get my Experts spot back. 

Thanks man. 

And yeah, I got extremely lucky to advance in both Westeros A and B. 

In W-B especially, I only got 7 points total from Keenan Allen, Aaron Jones, Jameis Winston, and Adam Thielen, but somehow Blu-ray's team did even worse.  We'll see what I can piece together for our matchup in the finals.  After all of the injuries, my team is definitely worse than what I had at the end of the regular season - but I've still got Mahomes, so you never know.  

44 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Dynasty
RaceBannon (2) vs. Lord Dracarys (5)

Keeper
RaceBannon (1) vs. Bronn Stone (2)

Thunderdome
JaimeL (2) vs. Bronn Stone (5)

Survivor
Grozeng
Fuentez

Bronn with 2 chances to stave off Jaxoming! Both look like coin toss games to me. Good luck!

And with that, the last of my teams are finished. I consistently make it to the semis or finals, and consistently fail. And sadly, this team would have won next week, even after our best player had to be cut for off the field issues. 

I guess there's always 2019....

Archived