Fantasy Football 2018

Whiskeyjack

Now that the season is about to start and my dynasty leagues (aside from the one here) are all pretty much set from a roster standpoint, here are my teams...

League A is one of my money leagues.  It's 10-team, .5 PPR with standard starting spots (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K) and three IDP spots (1DL/1DB/1LB).  This is going to be our fourth season in this league.  We have thirty man rosters with two IR spots and a five-man, rookie-only taxi squad.  I finished third last year, mostly because I ran into the Todd Gurley wood chipper in the playoffs.  :lol:

QB - Aaron Rodgers (Matt Stafford, Baker Mayfield*)
RB - David Johnson, Devonta Freeman, Melvin Gordon (Saquon Barkley, Giovani Bernard, Duke Johnson, Rex Burkhead, Matt Breida, Chase Edmonds*, Justin Jackson*)
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen (Adam Thielen, Devin Funchess, Josh Doctson, Corey Davis, Albert Wilson, Chris Godwin, Rashard Higgins, Corey Coleman, Mike Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Cameron Meredith, Anthony Miller, Justin Watson*)
TE - Evan Engram, Delanie Walker, Hunter Henry
K - Jake Elliott
DL - Brandon Graham (Marcus Davenport*)
DB - Landon Collins
LB - Zach Brown

* = Taxi Squad

---

League B is a bit different.  It's a 12-team superflex league with tiered PPR, .5 for RB, 1.0 for WRs, 1.5 for TE.  Starters are 1QB/1SFLEX/1RB/1WR/1TE/4FLEX/1DL/1DB/1LB/1DFLEX.  This is our second season in the league.  This league has 35-man rosters with a five-player, rookie-only taxi squad.  My team finished in second place last year during our inaugural season and I made a pretty huge trade to try to get over the top this year at the cost of my team's longer term outlook.

QB - Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan (Jameis Winston, Ryan Fitzpatrick)
RB - David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell, Mark Ingram (Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Bilal Powell, Peyton Barber, Giovani Bernard, Darren Sproles, Spencer Ware, Boston Scott, Ito Smith*)
WR - Keenan Allen, Alshon Jeffery (Tyrell Williams, Josh Doctson, Marqise Lee, Albert Wilson, John Brown, Phillip Dorsett, Brandon Marshall, Martavis Bryant, Justin Watson*)
TE - Travis Kelce, Rob Gronkowski (David Njoku, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Christopher Herndon*)
DL - Brandon Graham
DB - Micah Hyde (Justin Simmons, Terrell Edmunds*)
LB - Lavonte David, Blake Martinez (Eric Kendricks, TJ Watt, Lorenzo Carter*)

* = Taxi Squad

19 hours ago, briantw said:

Well, the fun of fantasy is that none of us knows shit, and we all hope we're right.  I do hope McKinnon is good, though, because I have him in at least one league.

Good weekend to you as well.  See you for the Survivor draft.

And on that note, McKinnon tears his ACL today and is out for the year.  :lol:

20 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Does anyone want in on the Keeper league?  Turns out one owner never responded.  Draft is 9:30 on 9/5.  Some good keepers on that team if anyone wants it.

I'll play.  Always down for another league.  

1 minute ago, briantw said:

I'll play.  Always down for another league.  

Cool it draft is 9:30pm on 9/5.  I am going to IM you the rules and the 2 potential teams.  Just need to hear back from Jace which one she wants.  I think she is going to switch because the 2nd team has some pretty good keepers (but came in last place last season)

Had a 10-team, 2QB, .5 PPR draft earlier tonight.  Six points for QB touchdowns along with some small performance bonuses for each position (extra points for 100 & 150 yard games from WRs/RBs and 400 yard games for QBs).  Starters are 2QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX/K/DST.  There are only five bench spots.

My team:
QB - Luck, Garoppolo (Mahomes)
RB - DJ, Hunt, R. Freeman, Lewis (Michel, Thompson)
WR - Landry, Sanders (Kupp, Watkins)
TE - Watson
K - Boswell
DEF - Panthers

Like that draft a lot.  Stacked at RB and I think I've got enough quality at WR to hold it down.  I took some big risks with the QBs, but I think those risks will pay off.

Just finished my last draft of the year.  Fantasypros said I pretty much killed it.  They rated me best team and the league and couldn't find a mutually beneficial trade for my team after the draft.  I feel like the latter is a better indicator.

Picking second in a keeper league (1 per team, no one in the top 3 rounds)  Ended up keeping Jacksonville D for a 13th rounder since my draft last year was pretty much a do not do list.  The only keeper with a first round grade was Kamara, so the first three rounds weren't that far off from a regular PPR league I think.

Went:

D. Johnson TE Pittsburg

Gronk

Drake

Baldwin

Josh Gordon

Marshawn

Crowder

Stills

Stafford

Finished with Bellage, Allison, and Foreman for keeper values.

Had a few other picks in rounds 10-14 but while I don't love my WRs, I 'm pretty sure I wont end up losing the toilet bowl next year and having to buy booze for the following draft.  I think my ploy of bringing Balvenie Doublewood in addition to beers paid dividends.

19 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

So this trade popped up in one of my leagues this morning.

Team A receives JuJu and ASJ

Team B (the comish) receives Gronk and Mike Williams. 

I'm pretty low on JuJu but this one seems fishy.  Thoughts?

Team B is getting the more valuable end of the trade.

But Juju is a high upside WR2, and definitely not outside the realm of possibility that somebody views him as a better asset than Gronk.

Definitely not worth objecting to it.

7 hours ago, mcbigski said:

So this trade popped up in one of my leagues this morning.

Team A receives JuJu and ASJ

Team B (the comish) receives Gronk and Mike Williams. 

I'm pretty low on JuJu but this one seems fishy.  Thoughts?

I wouldn't object, but remember it in case you feel it's becoming a pattern.

45 minutes ago, briantw said:

Partial MCL tear for Doug Baldwin.  Sounds like he's gonna miss some time.

Wheels up Tyler Lockett hype!

The big beneficiary of this may be Brandon Marshall.  Or that TE known only to his Mom before yesterday.

Worst thing in week 1 was losing both of my matchups in my most expensive league despite putting up the 4th highest point total.

Best thing had to be riding Detroit's defense to .19 pt victory against a possibly die hard Pats fan who had to root for the Jets.  Clinched it some time in the third quarter where it was clear that even if I lost the maximum of 5pts for points allowed the other stuff would just barely put me over the top.

I very much enjoyed my steamroller team in my small money league.  It is going to crush folks.  Started out WR, WR in a ten team snake with Antonio and Thomas but still ended up with Mixon, Lamar Miller, Smith-Schuster, Conner and Brees (whom I benched for Cousins).  Also snagged Adrian Peterson.

My six man bench, (if you ignored my seventh player - Wentz) , outscored five of the nine other teams.  And that was without a TE, DT or K, but otherwise legal.

Whelp, we're one week in and my players are already dropping like flies.

I easily should have won in A, but Stafford and Carr are my QBs and two players netted a combined -.o3. Some how I only lost by 11. Should have won by 20. And now I get Jace!

League C was a 40 point cakewalk, and that's with losing Mariota and Fournette. And I have Rodgers in that league. Next week should be interesting. Bring it on this week, PotN!

Dynasty was an exact repeat of last year: Race crushed me. That team isn't fair. Good thing we drafted late, because sooooo many of my guys got hurt. No long contract for you Mr. Olsen.

Thunderdome was Thunderdome, and Beastmode doing Beastmode things snuck me through! My team is both a mess and awesome all at once. It's really magical.

Of course I had the best score in Survivor. Perfect time to waste all those great games.....

Got blown out in my money league despite being a giant pre-game favorite. 

Archived