Fantasy Football 2018

Whiskeyjack

17 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Whelp, we're one week in and my players are already dropping like flies. 

Managed to go 4-1 in FF this week (only loss was in Westeros C).  I'm not sure if I had a worse injury week than you but I did lose a few: Baldwin, Olsen, Walker...I think that's it so far.  At least it wasn't a top tier QB!  Hope I got that out of my system last year:P

League C was a 40 point cakewalk, and that's with losing Mariota and Fournette. And I have Rodgers in that league. Next week should be interesting. Bring it on this week, PotN!

Oh, don't worry!  I'll sort of "bring it" in your general direction this week...more or less!  (Notice all the confidence:D)

Thunderdome was Thunderdome, and Beastmode doing Beastmode things snuck me through! My team is both a mess and awesome all at once. It's really magical.

Ah, I think the bolded is really the fundamental essence of Thunderdome!  

4 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Ah, I think the bolded is really the fundamental essence of Thunderdome!  

A cruel mistress, she is. I looked at my team and hate it relative to other leagues, but then I look at other teams in the league and Hey!, my team is less bad than most teams!!!!!

On 9/11/2018 at 3:13 PM, Lord Dracarys said:

The best thing about week one? Beating my SOs family into the dirt in the family league. The worst thing? Losing weeks in Experts and Westeros B.

It was a brutal fucking week! Baldwin with 0, Cooper with 2 point something (I admit that was a dumb upside pick though), Stafford with 10, and Burton with 1.5.

And then two of my star players, Zeke and Howard, very much underperformed fantasy wise, despite an actually excellent football game from Howard.

Ooooh god I feel ill. This season is gonna be shit lol

How does Yahoo's injury updates work? Because I checked like ten minutes before the game and it made it seem like Fournette would play. As we all know he did not, and my RB4 scored enough to have given me the victory in C. I'm not mad at the player, but F the game!

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

46 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

How does Yahoo's injury updates work? Because I checked like ten minutes before the game and it made it seem like Fournette would play. As we all know he did not, and my RB4 scored enough to have given me the victory in C. I'm not mad at the player, but F the game!

Be thankful you didn't have Mariota. I noticed in my two Westeros, leagues he was started in both of them.

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Don't think you can really trust Yahoo's projections on injuries.  Have to watch out for the inactive lists that come out about an hour before the game starts.

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Hey!  What gives?!  Stop trying to delegitimize my hard-won victory this week in C, man!:P

And if you're talking about Powell as your RB4 - with him instead of Fournette you still would have lost by 3;)

Finally, for all those people maybe feeling bad about losing close ones this week, I can relate.  I lost by .2 this week in my own long-standing league (we're in our 19th year with very few changes in players over the years):crying:

13 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Hey!  What gives?!  Stop trying to delegitimize my hard-won victory this week in C, man!:P

And if you're talking about Powell as your RB4 - with him instead of Fournette you still would have lost by 3;)

Finally, for all those people maybe feeling bad about losing close ones this week, I can relate.  I lost by .2 this week in my own long-standing league (we're in our 19th year with very few changes in players over the years):crying:

Looks like you’re right. Wilson must have gotten some garbage time points, because when I shut down my electronics you were only up by a few points and the game was in the 4th quarter.  

Still, it’s annoying that Yahoo said he was going to play. Guess I’ll have to take WJ’s advice.

14 hours ago, Lord Lyman said:

Be thankful you didn't have Mariota. I noticed in my two Westeros, leagues he was started in both of them.

Actually I do have him in C league, lol.  

51 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Looks like you’re right. Wilson must have gotten some garbage time points, because when I shut down my electronics you were only up by a few points and the game was in the 4th quarter.  

Still, it’s annoying that Yahoo said he was going to play. Guess I’ll have to take WJ’s advice.

Yeah, it's been pretty much all garbage time for Wilson so far.  Have you seen the blocking he's getting?!:stunned:

And completely agreed on the Fournette injury thing.  That is annoying.

18 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

The one that bit me in the backside was Zuerlein.  I couldn't find a story about what was happening there for the first hour of the game even, let alone before. 

Rotoworld is definitely ahead of Yahoo for injury reports.

2 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Yeah, it's been pretty much all garbage time for Wilson so far.  Have you seen the blocking he's getting?!:stunned:

And completely agreed on the Fournette injury thing.  That is annoying.

The blocking has been bad, but so has everything else. The Seahawks are legitimately bad, which is why I’ve argue that they should trade Wilson for a massive package of picks.  

31 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

The one that bit me in the backside was Zuerlein.  I couldn't find a story about what was happening there for the first hour of the game even, let alone before. 

Rotoworld is definitely ahead of Yahoo for injury reports.

That got me in one league too, but his presence wouldn’t have made a difference. Is he playing this week?  

9 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

That got me in one league too, but his presence wouldn’t have made a difference. Is he playing this week?  

The one in which it got me I lost by 8.5.  There wasn't any free agent who played in the late or Prime Time Games who would have gotten me nine.  But SeaBass would have gotten me closer.  Prater had been dropped that morning and then got 10, but he wasn't available according to the rules in that league even if I had known.

Archived