Fantasy Football 2018

Whiskeyjack

16 hours ago, briantw said:

God, I'm actually contemplating starting Ryan Fitzpatrick over Cam Newton in fantasy this week.  Something's gone wrong.

Fitzmagic, Baby!!!  I've always had a slight liking for Fitzpatrick the NFL player but, I gotta admit, my liking for him went up a few notches after that post-game press conference.  Anyway, I completely get what you're saying.  He's been great these first couple of weeks but...will it continue?  Maybe ya just gotta believe? :D

4 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Fitzmagic, Baby!!!  I've always had a slight liking for Fitzpatrick the NFL player but, I gotta admit, my liking for him went up a few notches after that post-game press conference.  Anyway, I completely get what you're saying.  He's been great these first couple of weeks but...will it continue?  Maybe ya just gotta believe? :D

I mean, I can't imagine the dude finally put it all together at 35, so I'm assuming this will end at some point.  Also, not every game they play is going to be a massive shootout.

That said, Tampa has one of the best receiver groups in the NFL, so he's got no shortage of very talented guys to throw to.  

I'm really high on JuJu Smith-Schuster this year.  So much so that I pointed out to a colleague that I would not trade him straight up for Antonio Brown.

That got me thinking - for which WR WOULD I trade JuJu straight up.

OBJ - nope - Eli concerns
Nuk - yep
Julio - yep
Thomas - I'd consider this pretty much a lateral and would only do so if it increased my diversity (ie I'd do it if I had Ben but not Brees trying to avoid Boom/Bust)
Tyreek - nope - but I am inexplicably not on team Hill
AJ - tempted but no
Davante/Keenan/TB/Min - no to all
The rest - again no.

Your thoughts?

Week two was a mixed bag. I went 3-2 across my five leagues and again my Survivor team looks to be among the best in the league. Problem is both losses were in the feeder leagues, leaving me 1-3 on the season. I'm 0-2 in A, and the whole thing I was banking on was surviving the first four weeks until Ingram gets back. That's not looking good. A narrow lose in C is less concerning. If I make it to Experts, which isn't looking too hot so far, it will likely have to be on the back of my C league team which has been devastated by injuries. I really thought my A league team would be better than this, but alas, it has not been so. 

Also, anyone that needs QBs in A, C, Thunderdome or Survivor, hit me up with trade offers. I've got a lot of decent starters.

Also a lot of Elis.

:ack:

13 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I'm really high on JuJu Smith-Schuster this year.  So much so that I pointed out to a colleague that I would not trade him straight up for Antonio Brown.

That got me thinking - for which WR WOULD I trade JuJu straight up.

OBJ - nope - Eli concerns
Nuk - yep
Julio - yep
Thomas - I'd consider this pretty much a lateral and would only do so if it increased my diversity (ie I'd do it if I had Ben but not Brees trying to avoid Boom/Bust)
Tyreek - nope - but I am inexplicably not on team Hill
AJ - tempted but no
Davante/Keenan/TB/Min - no to all
The rest - again no.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that you're completely batshit fucking insane, lol. OBJ, Hopkins, Thomas, Green, Adams, and Keenan are all clearly a tier above him for fantasy purposes. AB is CLEARLY above him in fantasy. Julio most likely has a better finish but I get the consistency concerns, at least. Tyreek probably has an insane year (and finishes ahead of Juju), but again I understand the concern that his efficiency will regress. 

Like, seriously. You just said that you wouldn't trade JuJu for AB straight up. that's absurd

In my 10-team, .5 PPR money dynasty league (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DL/1DB/1LB), just made the following trade:

I give: Devonta Freeman, Will Dissly 
I get: Nick Chubb, David Njoku, 2019 3rd

I've been looking to get rid of Devonta for a while now, as he's currently my RB4 (possibly 5 if Breida blows up) and I think his value is on a downward trajectory.  I don't like that Atlanta offense and he's stuck there for the foreseeable future, unlike Coleman.  His knee is starting to seem like an issue too.

This league, for reference, is a pretty standard dynasty league.  You can keep players for as long as you want outside of a yearly cut down date (to beef up the rookie and free agent draft a bit).  

Dissly was a throw-in.  I would have had to cut someone to make the trade work, and Dissly was the bubble guy.  Plus, floating my buddy a potentially solid TE was further incentive for him since Njoku was his only back-up and waivers are slim pickings given our 35-man rosters. 

As far as my end of the trade, I think Chubb has a bright future next year and after, especially if Mayfield proves to be the real deal.  Similarly, with Mayfield at the helm, I think Njoku's value skyrockets, and I already thought he had the raw talent to be a top five TE in the NFL.  I also think now is the time to buy him, because Mayfield will only increase his value.  I also drafted Mayfield in the rookie draft this year, so that could be a nice touchdown stack in the future.

My roster post-trade:

QB - Rodgers, Stafford, Mayfield
RB - DJ, Gordon, Barkley, Breida, Gio, Duke, Burkhead, Chubb
WR - Hopkins, Allen, Thielen, Funchess, Enunwa, Godwin, Davis, Boyd, Miller, Mike Williams, Wilson, Doctson
TE - Engram, Njoku, James, Henry (IR), Walker (IR)
K - Gould

We do IDP as well but not gonna bother listing them.

Anyway, thoughts on the trade?

On 9/22/2018 at 12:50 AM, IamMe90 said:

My thoughts are that you're completely batshit fucking insane, lol. OBJ, Hopkins, Thomas, Green, Adams, and Keenan are all clearly a tier above him for fantasy purposes. AB is CLEARLY above him in fantasy. Julio most likely has a better finish but I get the consistency concerns, at least. Tyreek probably has an insane year (and finishes ahead of Juju), but again I understand the concern that his efficiency will regress. 

Like, seriously. You just said that you wouldn't trade JuJu for AB straight up. that's absurd

I look forward to revisiting this later in the season.  You might be right. 

But I stand by my feelings, especially regarding OBJ.  Odell was on my "Do Not Draft" list.  In fact, this year the list was named my "Odell Beckham list" (no need for the Jr - I didn't want his dad either :) )

Went 4-1 this week.

I’m 2-1 in my money league, having scored the most points and having the most points scored against me.

1-2 in both A and C. My path to Experts is not looking so hot, and the insane amount of injuries are not helping.

2-1 in Dynasty, and got a nice little team on my hands.

3-0 in Thunderdome, though each win has been by a thin margin.

And lastly Survivor has been dominated by me so far. Seems I’m the team to beat in that league.

We have a team that appears to be unmanaged in Thunderdome.  Reach out to me if you want to take over.  I'd like to get this done ASAP for reasons of competitive balance.  The first three weeks involved playing in the Division so each division team got the free win once.

QB: Luck
RB: Fournette, Duke Johnson
WR: Keenan, Landry, J. Gordon (Kupp, Wallace, Benjamin)
TE: Ebron, (Sefarian-Jenkins, Delanie)
K: Bryant (Boswell)
DT: Chargers (Giants)

We only must start 1 RB.  What would normally be the second RB slot is RB/WR/TE.

Had a great week and went 4-0 in my leagues, and had the highest score in 2 of them if things hold. I won by 3 and change in one despite having Carson in my lineup when he didn’t even play because this dumb league puts FA’s on waivers on gameday. Such a frustrating rule. This league is also on the CBS website which is just awful in my experience.

So my WR corps of R. Woods, Fuller and Sterling Shepard that I hated after draft day is actually holding up so far. Baldwin is back and Fuller has been battling a hamstring injury but I’m 3-1 with that team and will be really set if Dalvin ever gets right. NY’s offense revolving around checkdowns doesn’t hurt Saquons’ value too. Stupid Giants.

On 9/25/2018 at 11:00 AM, Bronn Stone said:

We have a team that appears to be unmanaged in Thunderdome.  Reach out to me if you want to take over.  I'd like to get this done ASAP for reasons of competitive balance.  The first three weeks involved playing in the Division so each division team got the free win once.

QB: Luck
RB: Fournette, Duke Johnson
WR: Keenan, Landry, J. Gordon (Kupp, Wallace, Benjamin)
TE: Ebron, (Sefarian-Jenkins, Delanie)
K: Bryant (Boswell)
DT: Chargers (Giants)

We only must start 1 RB.  What would normally be the second RB slot is RB/WR/TE.

With the good sense to use Kupp in the flex rather than Duke, aceluby got a win with this ragged roster and what may end up being the #3 overall score.

Archived