The Night's King was a Stark

Mordred

Based on the stories of Old Nan and the fact that the Others accepted his sacrifice.  Which I believe were his own children.  The Others seem particular about who they take.  Craster was very likely descended from Stark blood.  I believe there is a connection between the Night's King, the Starks, and the Crasters.  I subscribe to the YouTube program linked below.  The host presented an interesting opinion on the matter.  

Ideas of Ice and Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShAZMy7gvI8

19 hours ago, Mordred said:

Based on the stories of Old Nan and the fact that the Others accepted his sacrifice.  Which I believe were his own children.  The Others seem particular about who they take.  Craster was very likely descended from Stark blood.  I believe there is a connection between the Night's King, the Starks, and the Crasters.  I subscribe to the YouTube program linked below.  The host presented an interesting opinion on the matter.  

Ideas of Ice and Fire

I get to the same place as the video, but my route is a little different. The key question he asks is, what would a half-human, half-whatever-the-Nights-Queen-was baby look like? I think we have seen him, repeatedly. Sit back and enjoy my tale:

Like the vid, the NK and his bride were killed but left a baby who was taken back to the realms of men. This boy quickly grew to manhood and discovered he had a unique talent: he can father children on human brides and then kill them, skin them and don their skins to form a perfectly likeness, except for the eyes, which remain pale white like chips of ice. By passing from father to son, this being would naturally inherit his own lands and titles over and over again throughout the ages.

I think you can see where I'm going with this. The son of the NK/NQ is none other than our own beloved Roose Bolton, whose sigil is, of course, a flayed man. What would the NK/NQ's baby look like? He would be practically hairless, have practically pure white irises (which is impossible in the natural world without being blind), never sweat and would be able to silence big boisterous louts like the Greatjon with barely a whisper. He would also have to leech himself frequently to prevent black blood from pooling in his hands and feet.

This also explains why Roose not only didn't care that Ramsay murdered his "trueborn" son, Domeric, but then rewarded Rams with a title and a sweet marriage that got him Winterfell. First, notice how Roose knew instantly that Ramsay was his: the eyes. I'll bet Dom didn't have pale eyes, and this is probably because Dom is a Stark, not a Bolton, most likely fathered by Brandon. Remember how Dom, like Lyanna, was mad for horses -- almost like they both had some other-wordly mind-connection with their mounts? This, of course, made Dom an expert jouster who would have done nothing but bring fame and glory to House Bolton and probably land a top-tier bride as well. Alas, he is not of Roose's body, so it serves no purpose to see him become Lord of the DF.

So now we have Ramsay as Lord Regent of Winterfell, with his bride "Arya" the last known living child of Ned Stark. If the plan had worked out, Rams would have defeated Stannis and then Roose could swap into his body to then father the next Lord of Winterfell and take his body when the time come, thus re-establishing himself as the new Lord Stark. Because he's been there before. Remember Brandon Ice-Eyes? That was Roose, and it probably wasn't the first time he sat in the high seat at Winterfell. He probably added his ice blood to the Stark line thousands of years ago, which is how we get to the same place of Jon carrying the Song of Ice and Fire. And this more than anything is probably why the Others are on the move after all this time: because you need both Ice and Fire to warg a dragon, which would be devastating to the balance of magical power in the world.

With or without Arya, though, I still think Roose will take Ramsay's skin. In the next two books, look for Roose to die and see if Ramsay doesn't immediately calm down, start speaking in whispers and leaching himself. You'll know the switch has been made.

23 hours ago, Mordred said:

Ideas of Ice and Fire

I can buy into this.  The Night's King and Craster are Starks.  

4 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

I get to the same place as the video, but my route is a little different. The key question he asks is, what would a half-human, half-whatever-the-Nights-Queen-was baby look like? I think we have seen him, repeatedly. Sit back and enjoy my tale:

Like the vid, the NK and his bride were killed but left a baby who was taken back to the realms of men. This boy quickly grew to manhood and discovered he had a unique talent: he can father children on human brides and then kill them, skin them and don their skins to form a perfectly likeness, except for the eyes, which remain pale white like chips of ice. By passing from father to son, this being would naturally inherit his own lands and titles over and over again throughout the ages.

I think you can see where I'm going with this. The son of the NK/NQ is none other than our own beloved Roose Bolton, whose sigil is, of course, a flayed man. What would the NK/NQ's baby look like? He would be practically hairless, have practically pure white irises (which is impossible in the natural world without being blind), never sweat and would be able to silence big boisterous louts like the Greatjon with barely a whisper. He would also have to leech himself frequently to prevent black blood from pooling in his hands and feet.

This also explains why Roose not only didn't care that Ramsay murdered his "trueborn" son, Domeric, but then rewarded Rams with a title and a sweet marriage that got him Winterfell. First, notice how Roose knew instantly that Ramsay was his: the eyes. I'll bet Dom didn't have pale eyes, and this is probably because Dom is a Stark, not a Bolton, most likely fathered by Brandon. Remember how Dom, like Lyanna, was mad for horses -- almost like they both had some other-wordly mind-connection with their mounts? This, of course, made Dom an expert jouster who would have done nothing but bring fame and glory to House Bolton and probably land a top-tier bride as well. Alas, he is not of Roose's body, so it serves no purpose to see him become Lord of the DF.

So now we have Ramsay as Lord Regent of Winterfell, with his bride "Arya" the last known living child of Ned Stark. If the plan had worked out, Rams would have defeated Stannis and then Roose could swap into his body to then father the next Lord of Winterfell and take his body when the time come, thus re-establishing himself as the new Lord Stark. Because he's been there before. Remember Brandon Ice-Eyes? That was Roose, and it probably wasn't the first time he sat in the high seat at Winterfell. He probably added his ice blood to the Stark line thousands of years ago, which is how we get to the same place of Jon carrying the Song of Ice and Fire. And this more than anything is probably why the Others are on the move after all this time: because you need both Ice and Fire to warg a dragon, which would be devastating to the balance of magical power in the world.

With or without Arya, though, I still think Roose will take Ramsay's skin. In the next two books, look for Roose to die and see if Ramsay doesn't immediately calm down, start speaking in whispers and leaching himself. You'll know the switch has been made.

Is that fookin Bolt-On???!!!

On 8/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, Mordred said:

Ideas of Ice and Fire

Interesting connection.  I agree.  NK and Craster had something the WW wanted or needed.  Not just any sacrifice would do.  Compatible DNA or special DNA?  It stands to reason the three are related since the NK was a Stark.  

Archived