If you were Robert Baratheon would you forgive Doran, Mace, Tywin, Balon, Jaime, Barristan and others?

Mace, Doran, Tywin and Barristan did nothing wrong during the rebellion, there was no reason to punish them. Jaime should have at least been dismissed from the Kingsguard, makes little sense to keep a bodyguard who killed their previous charge (and it would mean Tywin's gratitude).

Balon is a different matter, he rebelled for no reason, at least he should have been stripped of the title of lord of the Iron Islands.

Jaime should have been dismissed from the Kingsguard and promptly sent back to Casterly Rock. In fact, I would have tried to arrange a marriage between him and one of the Hightower girls. It would have been better for everyone had Lynesse been betrothed to the heir of Casterly Rock. Or maybe I would choose one of Mace Tyrell's sisters.

It saved Robert a lot of trouble and it saved King's Landing from being obliterated but...it really showed that Jaime could not be trusted under any circumstances.

A marriage between Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister is a smart, politically valid decision. On paper. So, a royal marriage between Houses Lannister and Baratheon is actually a pretty good idea.

The Greyjoy family should have been knocked down a peg. They can keep Pyke but I would have made the Harlaw family the overlords of the Iron Islands.

I would have Victarion/Euron (whoever was the one who burned the Lannister fleet) sent to the Wall, Theon fostered in Winterfell (pretty damn good decision) and Asha fostered either at Casterly Rock, Dragonstone or King's Landing.

Well, wait...maybe not King's Landing because Cersei will probably end up provoking yet another war by killing/torturing the girl.

Archived