Fargo Season 4

Werthead

Will be set in 1950 in Kansas City, Missouri and will star Chris Rock. The story revolves around two criminal families - one Italian, one African-American - that make peace by surrendering their firstborn sons to one another.

Noah Hawley will return to write and direct.

Huh.

I'd half to go back and check, but I'm pretty sure towards the end of season two that shitty cop (who was also Gus's boss in season one played by an older actor) say's of the motel massacre "It's Kansas City all over again." 

Great that it’s coming back. 

No release date offered but production only starts in 2019.  

The press release says Hawleu will “lead the creative team” for S4, so perhaps not writing and directing all or most episodes. He does have one or two other projects in the hopper.

14 hours ago, RumHam said:

I'd half to go back and check, but I'm pretty sure towards the end of season two that shitty cop (who was also Gus's boss in season one played by an older actor) say's of the motel massacre "It's Kansas City all over again." 

Wasn't that "Sioux Falls all over again"?

Could Mike Milligan be the son of Chris Rock's character? That was the Kansas City mob in season 2.

6 hours ago, Astromech said:

Wasn't that "Sioux Falls all over again"?

Could Mike Milligan be the son of Chris Rock's character? That was the Kansas City mob in season 2.

In season one he said It was Sioux Falls all over again. In season two he said something else just before getting knocked out by Kirstin Dunst. I think it was Kansas City but I haven't checked. 

Edit: still haven't checked, but I think it might have been Rapid City, not Kansas City.

Edit again: Yup.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/blog/rc-screen-scene/fargo-it-s-rapid-city-all-over-again/article_71af8a82-9dca-11e5-9bd7-07d32782a2a5.html

• 11 months later...

Season 4 casting update:

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Ben Whishaw, Jessie Buckley and Jack Huston have joined up. Musician Andrew Bird and Jason Schwartzman are also onboard.

The ensemble for season four also includes Salvatore Esposito, Jeremie Harris, Gaetano Bruno, Anji White, Francesco Acquaroli and E'myri Crutchfield. Amber Midthunder, who has worked with Fargo creator Noah Hawley in Legion, will have a recurring role.

FX hasn't released any details beyond character names, one of which stands out: Whishaw is playing Rabbi Milligan. Season two of the show, set in the 1970s, featured Kansas City mob enforcer Mike Milligan (Bokeem Woodbine), which suggests a connection between the two.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Nice. I'm re-watching Boardwalk Empire now and he's just so damn good. 

Harrow is my favorite character on the show. Ahh.... makes me sad just thinking about it. Glad to see him on board.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Actually of all those new names, Salvatore Esposito surprised me the most. Genny is going to be in Fargo? Very interesting...

Good for him. Now we just need Marco D’Amore to start popping up in stuff...

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

I don't understand how they are still making casting decisions.. Season 3 was 2 years ago..

Hawley didn't wanna do another season right away and had to finish Legion and a movie he has coming out soon. 

• 3 months later...

Season 4 Trailer

Season four of Fargo is set in 1950, at the end of two American migrations — that of Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, who came to the U.S. at the turn of the last century and settled in northern cities like New York and Chicago — and African-Americans who left the South in great numbers to escape Jim Crow and moved to those same cities — you saw a collision of outsiders, all fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, Missouri, two criminal syndicates have struck an uneasy peace. One Italian, one African-American. Together they control an alternate economy — that of exploitation, graft and drugs. This too is the history of America. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons.

Archived