Fargo Season 4

Werthead

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Makes sense if they haven't finished it. Looks like i might get a chance to make a dent in my watch-list as new shows start to dry up. Could be a nightmare for shows that start airing before season filming completes

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The NYT's review is probably representative?  To me, the costumes look spectacular, but in the end, it's the roles, the characters and plot that make something work well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/arts/television/fargo-review-season-four.html

The characters tend to be as thin as the story they inhabit, though, and vivid performers like Buckley and Esposito (of the Italian gangster series “Gomorrah”) can’t do much with the cartoons they’ve been given to play. “Fargo” has always depended on a balance of outlandish incident and sympathetic character — it succeeds to the extent that we care about the mostly dreadful fates of the people involved. Seasons 1 (Billy Bob Thornton, Allison Tolman, Keith Carradine, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks), 2 (Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons) and 3 (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) gave us wonderful actors in parts that engaged our emotions, but the downward trend was noticeable, and it’s bottomed out in Season 4.

Archived