Fargo Season 4

Werthead

I don’t think episode 2 was as good as the opening one.

Spoiler

I have to agree with the part about the cartoony characters in the review Zorral posted. I was excited to finally see Salvatore Esposito this episode, but his tough guy demeanor and wide-eyed expressions whenever he got angry just seemed too over-the-top and silly for my taste. Hopefully they don’t have him ham it up like that the whole time. 

Finally got around to watching the first couple episodes. Liking it a lot. Much more than S3 so far. But old school gangster stuff is right up my alley. 

Great cast. I really like Mayor Royce’s character. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I knew the actress that plays the nurse from, turns out it’s Chernobyl.   

On 10/4/2020 at 8:33 PM, Nictarion said:

It was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I knew the actress that plays the nurse from, turns out it’s Chernobyl.   

Jessie Buckley has recently played major roles in at least two movies I saw, Misbehaviour and I'm Thinking of Ending Things. And I genuinely didn't recognize Olyphant.

Enjoying this so far. Reminds me a lot of season two which I decided to re-watch in between episodes of the current season. Fun little connection:  the Fargo guy Loy sold the guns to at cost presumably used those guns to kill Otto Gerdhart's father, only to be killed in turn by a young Dodd Gerdhart at a movie theater about a year after this season takes place. 

I probably don't need to point out that Satchel almost certainly grows up to be Mike Milligian. Loy and his men must get pretty much wiped out, though the 1979 KC mafia doesn't seem particularly Italian either (in the universe of the show.) So I'm guessing nobody really wins this war and some other less ethnically homogenous, more corporate entity steps in to fill the void. 

Took me forever to realize Odis was Jack Huston. In my defense I'm not used to seeing him with his whole face. That guy has no luck with world wars. 

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Took me forever to realize Odis was Jack Huston. In my defense I'm not used to seeing him with his whole face. That guy has no luck with world wars. 

I didn't know that Odis was Jack Huston either, before you mentioned it. He honestly looks like a completely different person on Fargo, though like you said, I'm not exactly use to seeing him with a whole face either, lol

After re-watching season two I hope they bring back the adult Milligan if they do another season. Season two ends with Hanzee/Moses Trippoli swearing revenge on the KC mob, who had won control of the Dakotas. By the time of season one he's taken back at least North Dakota. So they could do a story set during the 80's covering Trippoli's war with KC that could involve Milligain. But then they'd have to recast Hanzee with someone who looked like a younger version of Trippoli, I guess. 

Edit: Forgot to mention that Brad Garret's character Joe Bulo from season two showed up this latest episode to reinforce the Faddas. So Mike Milligan ends up working for someone who (presumably) participated in the downfall of his family. 

12 hours ago, RumHam said:

Edit: Forgot to mention that Brad Garret's character Joe Bulo from season two showed up this latest episode to reinforce the Faddas. So Mike Milligan ends up working for someone who (presumably) participated in the downfall of his family. 

I completely missed that. Haven’t seen S2 since it aired. 

I felt really bad for Dumini in this one. You just knew as soon as he decided to put the gun away he was done for. Great scene. 

16 hours ago, RumHam said:

After re-watching season two I hope they bring back the adult Milligan if they do another season. Season two ends with Hanzee/Moses Trippoli swearing revenge on the KC mob, who had won control of the Dakotas. By the time of season one he's taken back at least North Dakota. So they could do a story set during the 80's covering Trippoli's war with KC that could involve Milligain. But then they'd have to recast Hanzee with someone who looked like a younger version of Trippoli, I guess. 

Yea, Joe Bulo is what convinced me, this was Mike Milligain's origin story. I really did love Mike's character in season 2. He's the only character who's personally was similar to Lorne Malvo's, however unlike Malvo he never seemed to get any real results done. It made for a fun story arc, when he just randomly seemed to come out on top at the end of season 2, when all of his enemies basically killed themselves thanks to a combination Hanzee's betrayal and police incompetence. The scene where Mike shows up immediately after the Sioux Falls Massacre, just looks around and see's all of his enemies dead and just gets back in his car and drives away, still remains one of my favorite scenes.

3 hours ago, 3CityApache said:

I have no idea how you guys are able to notice such details. I forget most characters names the moment they disappear of the screen.

It helps that I just finished re-watching it so it's all very fresh in my mind. 

Wait, I thought Hanzee/Moses Trippoli doesn't swear vengeance on Kansas City, but just chooses to build an empire of his own. He played a rather big role destroying the Gerhardt's himself, so I'm not sure why he'd try to avenge them.

Archived