Favorite quote that has helped you IRL

BigBoss1

Mine is 

"Let me give you some counsel, bastard. Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strenght. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
—Tyrion Lannister

In general this whole sentiment is helpful in real life- people are people no matter where they come from, but I often find myself thinking of the last part in particular in a variety of situations. 

A Dance with Dragons - Jon V

Val had reminded him of that, on his last visit with her. "Free folk and kneelers are more alike than not, Jon Snow. Men are men and women women, no matter which side of the Wall we were born on. Good men and bad, heroes and villains, men of honor, liars, cravens, brutes … we have plenty, as do you."

She was not wrong. The trick was telling one fromthe other, parting the sheep from the goats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What Jaime said about going away inside. Probably hella unhealthy coping mechanism but I'd be lying if I said I didn't take his advice. Also "if I look make I am lost," used that advice to break up with my now ex bf. And Dany's whole "I'm the blood of the dragon" mantra. Sometimes I'll think to myself "I'm the blood of the dragon, I can do algebra" or "I'm the blood of the dragon, I can clean this litter box" or whatever I'm struggling with at the time. And the thing about how can the stars look upon such as me, that's one I relate to a lot. Sometimes just having something you can relate to is helpful enough

Archived