POV Character Predictions for TWoW

Euron III Greyjoy

On 8/6/2018 at 7:26 AM, Mooncalf said:

Interesting you mention Arianne and Euron. I have this weird hunch that Arianne will convince Jon and Aegon to go to Oldtown to stop the Ironborn. "Save the Kingdom to rule it." then those two can get the Faith's blessing and support of most houses. If not, Oldtown is fucked. They don't have to completely defeat Euron though, just make him retreat. from there, I think he'll travel up the narrow sea towards King's Landing, sacking Storm's End and/or Griffon's roost on the way and capturing Arianne, making her our POV into Euron's madness. I'm hoping during the Battle of blood aeron somehow manages to get away from Euron and Sam and the other maesters heal him, taking away his dislike for maesters. 

Meanwhile, Jon, Aegon, and the GC along with a lot of now loyal Reach lords decide to advance on Casterly Rock to siege instead of King's Landing. By this time there may be no hiding the greyscale. 

What better way to convince the masses and gain the support of most of the realm?  This could actually be Aegon's moment of glory?   At any rate, I really like this.   Thanks. 

• Jon Snow - Hopefully we get some chapters, I'm not convinced he will spend the majority of the book dead.
  • Arya Stark - Thanks to her burgeoning control of her skinchanging abilities, I reckon Arya will advance through her training at an accelerated rate. Will probably be headed back to Westeros by the end of the book, perhaps due to something she finds out about those Lyseni slave ships who took the Wildlings.
  • Sansa Stark - Not sure, but I like the "Avalanche at The Vale" idea. I expect her to reveal her true identity to a few people.
  • Bran Stark - I expect some kind of telepathic encounter between he and the Others.
  • Tyrion Lannister - will join Dany as her Hand, not before having to prove himself (and probably be threatened with a few burnings).  I expect him to speak to Dany about Aegon in a positive light, as the two dragons being friends would be more in his interests, if you ask me.
  • Cersei Lannister - I assume she will gain a few new allies - perhaps she will also begin to use Robert Strong as a "boogey man" type figure in and around the Red Keep.
  • Jaime Lannister - I expect Stoneheart to blackmail him into becoming her assassin, or something along those lines. I believe his redemption arc will continue - perhaps he meets Edric Dayne, with the lad reminding him of brave Arthur. I'm curious to see what he makes of the stories about Young Aegon.
  • Daenerys Targaryen - Her side wins the Battle of Fire, and soon after she begins preparations for travelling to Westeros.
  • Theon Greyjoy - Considering Bran is whispering to him, I really can't say.
  • Asha Greyjoy - hard to say, she's in a bit of a lousy spot. If she is pregnant then perhaps she travels to Sea Dragon Point, with the intention of living the peaceful life she offered the IB. Then again, Asha is probably well aware that Euron's forces might look for her in that particular location. If she does survive the Battle of Ice, I imagine she would want to find her Nuncle,
  • Victarion Greyjoy - certainly skilled enough to survive the Battle of Fire, but I don't know what will happen to him in regards to that bloody horn.
  • Aeron Greyjoy - will get to watch the destruction of the Redwyne fleet from the best seat in the house.
  • Arianne Martell - seems like she will make a play for Aegon, should he halt her advances, I reckon Aranne will have some kind of back up plan. Should be instrumental in the Dornish political situation, regardless of choice of lover.
  • Jon Connington - Greyscale time bomb.
  • Barristan Selmy - survives the Battle of Fire, knights some of his lads and reveals some more truths about Rhaegar.
  • Davos Seaworth - will get to Skagos and realise many of the inhabitants hold Rickon in high regard - perhaps due to his wolf, Osha's skill, or perhaps even due to some "prophecy"
  • Brienne of Tarth - her and Jaime will be on some kind of quest together.
  • Samwell Tarly - I imagine he will earn his links rather quickly. Perhaps he tries to use the Glass Candle,
  • Melisandre - when she hears of Jon's stabbing, she should probably be majorly pissed, arguably putting the entire Watch at risk.
  • Areo Hotah - He, Darkstar and Obara pull the old switcheroo on Balon.

Dany – burns down Vaes Dothrak, burns down Meeren, takes Tyrion as hostage, and takes Jorah, takes Vic’s ships and sets sail for Westeros
Barristan – May die in Meeren 
Vic – Dies while blowing the horn
Tyrion – Will slowly start to manipulate Dany, and conspire against both Dany and Aegon
Sam – End up stuck in the tower with Leyton Hightower, Sarella, and Leo Tyrell or fleeing to Highgarden
Aeron – Will witness Euron destroying Oldtown
Arianne – Will meet Aegon, still have suspicions, and will go to meet Willas and Olenna. End up conspiring against Aegon and Dany to start the Dance of the Dragons 2.0 
Jon Con – Will live far enough to see Aegon crowned, and realize that Aegon is a blackfyre and be possibly killed by Varys, or Haldon 
Aero – I have no idea. Mayhaps he will be forced to kill Balon. Then he goes back to Doran
Sansa – Harry will die, there will be a coup in the Vale, LF will be disposed and they will hold Sansa. However, I think Brienne and will smuggle her out to meet Stoneheart, then she will be going to the North
Brienne – Difficult to say, I believe she and Pod (maybe Hyle too) will find Sansa and take her to Stoneheart and will follow her to the North
Jaime – Difficult as well, but I believe he will be alive and used to kill off the Freys, then he will go back to KL  
Cersei – Robert Strong will be revealed to be the Mountain, the High Sparrow will order Cersei’s death, but Cersei will order Robert Strong to kill the High Sparrow causing a massive riot in KL which will result in Tommen’s death. Cersei ends up being killed by Jaime and Jaime surrenders KL to Aegon
Theon – Will be with Stannis and Asha and learn of how Stannis infiltrated Winterfell
Asha – hard to say, but I think after taking Winterfell, Stannis will try to make a deal with her regarding the Iron Islands but they will be stuck in Winterfell
Davos – will find Rickon and Osha, and return him to White Harbor. Then he’ll be making his way to Winterfell
Jon – will be in ghost, while his body is healed, and will go back to his body. He will execute Bowen and all the conspirators. May see Fake Arya and realize she is not Arya and that Shireen was burned while he was in Ghost, and may execute Mel. I think he will start to become paranoid and execute anyone whom he assumes is conspiring against him causing many to flee and start rumors about him.
Mel – Not sure, but probably will heal Jon and possibly burn Shireen and when Jon wakes up, he may end up killing her
Bran – I have no clue. Maybe he will find out the origins of the White Walkers, and the pact agreement that they had. He will realize that Bloodraven and the Children of the Forest have nefarious intentions
Arya – not sure, she might meet Jeyne Poole, and give her the gift of death

On 8/5/2018 at 7:02 PM, EloImFizzy said:

What do you all think will happen to the POV characters in the next book? I made a post a while ago on what you think will happen to Jon Snow in TWoW, but now I'm curious on what you think will happen to the other POV characters. 

• Jon Snow
  • Arya Stark
  • Sansa Stark
  • Bran Stark
  • Tyrion Lannister
  • Cersei Lannister 
  • Jaime Lannister 
  • Daenerys Targaryen
  • Theon Greyjoy
  • Asha Greyjoy
  • Victarion Greyjoy
  • Aeron Greyjoy
  • Arianne Martell
  • Jon Connington
  • Barristan Selmy
  • Davos Seaworth
  • Brienne of Tarth
  • Samwell Tarly
  • Melisandre
  • Areo Hotah

some of it is pretty bold i guess

• Jon: will be revived and end up in the north, but is no longer a NW man
  • Arya:  i think she will be on her journey back to westeros
  • Sansa: i hope she will be in harrenhal, crowned herself queen and has gathered the forces of riverlands and vale to invade the north, or even invaded already
  • Bran: he will sit in his cave
  • tyrion: hand of dany, almost in westeros on danys fleet Edit: Killed by a faceless man hired by lord swift by order of cersei
  • cersei: somewhere on the see after she had to flee KL, joined forces with euron, and maybe even married to him.
  • Jaime: with sansa, since she is not in winterfell yet, used his name to free some hostages
  • daenerys: conquered annother city and is on her way to westeros
  • theon: took the dreadfort for stannis using the secret door ramsay showed him, hiding there
  • asha: back on the iron islands, fighting
  • victarion: on his ship, bringing dany to westeros, but is about to die, due to his burned hand causing trouble
  • Aeron: dead, died during eurons battle "of blood"
  • arianne: carries her fathers torch as princess of dorne and schemer (doran died)
  • JonCon: in aegons kingguard, after aegon took the throne with help of his new father in law and hand: mace tyrell
  • Barristan selmy: i think he is dead by then, but i hope he had enough time for funny victarion-tyrion-barristan discussions about ruling a city
  • Davos: in the strom lands, protecting his queen, shireen (stannis is dead, killed by manderly after he used him to take the north from the boltons)
  • Brienne: with jaime and sansa, i hope her name is lannister then
  • Sam: on his way back to the watch, after euron atacked the citadel, sarella/alleras is with him
  • Meisandre: dead, gave her life to resurrect stannis, but resurreced jon by accident
  • Areo hotah: dead, killed by obara and darkstar

23 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Jamie will head up a group of his own--this may be in fulfillment of his promises and it could just be a thing he does to fill the time before his true quest reveals itself.   Regardless motive, Jamie will redeem himself, perhaps even in his own eyes.   

I think Jaime might help the BwB rescue the Frey prisoners.  After that, I can see him trying to work a deal with the BwB to end the fighting and bring peace to the Riverlands.  Knowing Martin, it will fail spectacularly.

I also think we are overdue for a major, unexpected death, so I wouldn't be surprised if Jaime bites it relatively soon.  Unless he is the valonqar (I don't think he is), there isn't really anything he has to do, unlike most of the other characters,who are clearly in the middle of something, or are expected to die soon.

41 minutes ago, Nevets said:

I think Jaime might help the BwB rescue the Frey prisoners.  After that, I can see him trying to work a deal with the BwB to end the fighting and bring peace to the Riverlands.  Knowing Martin, it will fail spectacularly.

i think it will work out like it did with the kingswood brotherhood. jaime will try to deal with them, but has to win over the smallfolk to take them out.

Archived