Loras Tyrell is not on Dragonstone?

LordImp

The last we heard of Loras was that he was injured while taking Dragonstone , it were some serious injuries and apparently he was dying from his wounds.

However many belive that this is fake and that Loras is fine and just waiting on Dragonstone for some reason. 

I'm thinking that Loras is not on Dragonstone anymore , but that he left with the Redwyne fleet to protect the Reach from Euron. The injuries was made up so that Cersei would think he's still on DS . 

So maybe Loras pops up again in the Reach in TWOW. 

I always thought the severity of his wounds were greatly exaggerated.  It would make a perfect smoke screen for his return to the Reach to help defeat the Ironborn.  I think he realizes how little Cersie respects the threat to the Reach and if she will not aid them, he will.

1 hour ago, Chris Mormont said:

I always thought the severity of his wounds were greatly exaggerated.  It would make a perfect smoke screen for his return to the Reach to help defeat the Ironborn.  I think he realizes how little Cersie respects the threat to the Reach and if she will not aid them, he will.

Exactly! 

I'm not sure that his injuries are exaggerated. It's the boiling oil that I have very serious doubts about. And we do have a good example of someone dumping oil on the people below and forgetting to boil it.

For Loras's injuries to be an exaggeration, it would mean that Roland Storm, Loras, Aurane and Paxter Redwyne would have been in on the ruse and that they were just trying to take out as many westermen during the taking of Dragonstone as they possibly could. 

1 hour ago, Widow's Watch said:

Loras, Aurane and Paxter Redwyne would have been in on the ruse

That wouldn't be suprising imo. Loras and Paxter both wants to protect the Reach and Aurane's loyalty to Cersei can be questioned. 

Don't know about Roland though. 

If he isn't injured, he also isn't on Dragonstone.

Word will have reached Dragonstone by now that Margaery was arrested. Loras strikes me as a brash, impulsive young man (not unlike Jaime), and I reckon if he heard his li'l sis was arrested by the Faith, that he would simply head back to help her.

Given that Garlan and Willas are already defending the Reach, I'm not sure the Tyrells would send the only son in Kings Landing away.  He took the post to be able to protect Margery in the first place.

I'm not saying I fully believe the story we are given, it was told to Cersei by someone who betrayed Cersei shortly thereafter, and when she is imprisoned one of the Septas begins to speak about Loras before being shushed, so something we are told is not correct.  However I don't see the strategy in sending Loras back to the Reach.

On one hand it makes sense for Loras to betray Cersei and sail to the Reach to help his family.

On the other hand, he is Kingsguard and we don't really know how seriously he takes his oath. There is also the issue of people seeing a fleet sailing all around Westeros and reporting it back to KL. And I would be interested in seeing a different Loras if he survived the oil. Burned, broken, bandaged up. how will he be now that he has lost his good looks and possibly some capability?

5 hours ago, MostlyMoody said:

And I would be interested in seeing a different Loras if he survived the oil. Burned, broken, bandaged up. how will he be now that he has lost his good looks and possibly some capability?

That's the main reason I don't subscribe to this theory and its many variations. Some are possible or plausible, but ultimately I think a Loras that has lost his looks and humbled is the direction GRRM is heading.

On 8/7/2018 at 5:58 AM, LordImp said:

I don't think anyone sent him , he made that decision himself. 

Agreed.  Loras' made the decision to sail to Dragonstone on his own, so he doesn't appear to be controlled by anyone. 

On 8/6/2018 at 8:20 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Given that Garlan and Willas are already defending the Reach, I'm not sure the Tyrells would send the only son in Kings Landing away. 

The reason why Loras would want to go to the Reach is so the Redwyne fleet actually goes.  We know Cersie and her promises, perhaps he was worried that once the castle was taken, Cersie would renege on  her promise to send the fleet

46 minutes ago, Chris Mormont said:

Agreed.  Loras' made the decision to sail to Dragonstone on his own, so he doesn't appear to be controlled by anyone. 

The reason why Loras would want to go to the Reach is so the Redwyne fleet actually goes.  We know Cersie and her promises, perhaps he was worried that once the castle was taken, Cersie would renege on  her promise to send the fleet

The Arbor is taken, the Redwynes don't need any more motivation.  Once away from Cersei with their orders fulfilled they would be sailing home without checking in to see if Cersei had reneged on her promise.

Archived