WHEEL OF TIME tv show: Go on,tug my braid!

AncalagonTheBlack

I wish the people writing these articles could be bothered to provide more complete and correct write ups. 

The Wheel of Time, which has sold over 90M books worldwide, is set in a sprawling, epic world where magic exists, but only women can use it.

Safely, only women can use it safely. A significant difference.

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

She was a cinematographer on The Wire. In fact, I think it was her who arranged that episode 1 shot of Cheese and D'Angelo under the neon sign which is one of the most striking moments of the first episode (and the one David Simon personally intervened with to make sure it was done to HD properly). Very impressive.

Also directing what is apparently the best episode of Westworld is a pretty big notch on her belt as well.

Oh whoa. That's a great shot. Here's hoping she brings visual flair to WoT too.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:42 AM, Corvinus said:

I wish the people writing these articles could be bothered to provide more complete and correct write ups. 

Safely, only women can use it safely. A significant difference.

Given that everything these days HAS TO be about social justice, I can only imagine what the marketing for this is going to look like :D

• 2 weeks later...

Current episode count:

101: Leavetaking

102: Shadow's Waiting

103: A Place of Safety

104: The Dragon Reborn

106: The Flame of Tar Valon

Current writers roster: 

Rafe Judkins

Amanda Kate Shuman

Celine Song

Paul & Michael Clarkson (aka The Clarkson Twins)

Dave Hill (ex-Game of Thrones)

Justine Juel Gilmer

10 hours ago, Werthead said:

Current episode count:

101: Leavetaking

102: Shadow's Waiting

103: A Place of Safety

104: The Dragon Reborn

106: The Flame of Tar Valon

Current writers roster: 

Rafe Judkins

Amanda Kate Shuman

Celine Song

Paul & Michael Clarkson (aka The Clarkson Twins)

Dave Hill (ex-Game of Thrones)

Justine Juel Gilmer

106 seems very out of place for Eye of the World. It seems they're either going to get done with the EotW storyline by episode 5, or they're changing the story up quite a bit.

24 minutes ago, fionwe1987 said:

106 seems very out of place for Eye of the World. It seems they're either going to get done with the EotW storyline by episode 5, or they're changing the story up quite a bit.

I'm wondering now if it's going to be 10 episodes for Season 1, 5 eps per book, or if it's going to be a bit more and TGH finishes before the end of the book (ending with the 9-month time jump makes sense).

But 106 definitely sounds like it's introducing Siuan as Amyrlin, which really is the start of TGH.

3 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I'm wondering now if it's going to be 10 episodes for Season 1, 5 eps per book, or if it's going to be a bit more and TGH finishes before the end of the book (ending with the 9-month time jump makes sense).

But 106 definitely sounds like it's introducing Siuan as Amyrlin, which really is the start of TGH.

Yeah the jump (4 months, I believe) is a good stop.

Either they intro Siuan in Fal Dara, or they're playing around with the story and maybe she'll show up in Caemlyn or something. Maybe they'll establish her rivalry with Elaida early. More Siuan is something I can get behind, honestly.

I LOVE SIUAN as a character and it would be interesting to see how it plays out. As for casting, I am still on Joan Chen, who played Empress Chabi on "Marco Polo".

40 minutes ago, Risto said:

I LOVE SIUAN as a character and it would be interesting to see how it plays out. As for casting, I am still on Joan Chen, who played Empress Chabi on "Marco Polo".

Think they'll actually pronounce it "Swan" like the bird. Or change up some names?

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Think they'll actually pronounce it "Swan" like the bird. Or change up some names?

Please don't make her name be like Swan. In Serbian translation, it sounds like this and honestly, I prefer it more than swan :D

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I'm just as much a victim of the "swan" pronunciation as you are. I always thought it was "sue-an".

I always thought of it as Sue-Ahn, with greater emphasis on the Ahn. So kinda like swan but pronounced differently.

Despite the name, though, there's no need for Siuan to be played by an Asian woman. The names and associated races for various countries don't necessarily match.

3 hours ago, fionwe1987 said:

At least you didn't think of Jesus Egwene in Memory of Light. That would be quite the jump and omission of many, many braid tugs.

I'm still holding out hope of Sam Elliott as Thom Merrilin.

Archived