WHEEL OF TIME tv show: Go on,tug my braid!

AncalagonTheBlack

8 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

I agree, the politics in Caemlyn and Cairhein (and the fashion of Cairhein) make me think of England and France, respectively.

I've always thought of the Two Rivers looking like Bavaria, and I haven't seen anything that looks like my image of Caemlyn, but this is kind of close. https://cdn.theculturetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/hungary.jpg

Maybe Prague offers financial incentives to get all those shows filmed there.

Well the Prague Film Commission does offer rebates https://www.filmcommission.cz/incentives/key-points/

Now that you've mentioned it, I could see the Two Rivers resembling Bavaria. I've always pictured it as gently rolling farmland, like somewhere in the Midwest.

7 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

He sure does look and sound the part. Can he sing? He'd better be healthy. He's 75 and he has to make it to the end of the series! ;)

Not sure if he can sing. Oh, please don't jinx Sam Elliott!!!

13 hours ago, Astromech said:

Now that you've mentioned it, I could see the Two Rivers resembling Bavaria. I've always pictured it as gently rolling farmland, like somewhere in the Midwest.

Rolling farmland that becomes mountainous as you move Westward (kind of like Pennsylvania, my home state). I always imagined the Winespring Inn being built in the Bavarian style.

13 hours ago, Astromech said:

Not sure if he can sing. Oh, please don't jinx Sam Elliott!!!

Ok, I'm zipping it! :D Fingers crossed!

This post is directed to those who think certain main characters should be cut. Daniel Greene's commentary in this video is exactly why I don't feel any of them can be cut, and why I won't watch it if they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqOvOwuoKpI&list=PLGye3IeTsQJlRhe1-u9WZx5OMO-kemeeR&index=54

Has anyone ever wondered if Rafe Judkins has someone on his team whose sole job it is to read and watch all the fan commentary to get a sense of what we think is important?

6 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

I know you're pulling for Sam Elliott, but I thought you might enjoy this if you haven't seen it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em_hTemcO-U

He makes some good points, but the only other actor in that list I feel sort of fits is maybe Jeff Bridges. But Jeff Bridges will always be The Dude in my mind. They'll probably cats some low profile inexpensive actor in the role anyways. 

15 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Has anyone ever wondered if Rafe Judkins has someone on his team whose sole job it is to read and watch all the fan commentary to get a sense of what we think is important?

That could be, but it would be hilarious if they came to this site for WoT commentary. 

12 hours ago, Corvinus said:
On 4/24/2019 at 11:08 PM, SansaJonRule said:

That could be, but it would be hilarious if they came to this site for WoT commentary. 

11 hours ago, Myrddin said:

I'd imagine they'd camp out Dragonmount before here.

I meant that tongue-in-cheek (forgot emoticon), since opinions are all over the place it would be hard to get a good feel of the pulse of the WoT community. On the other hand , I've seen some very good suggestions that I would love to send to them!

Surprisingly, the WoT tv show thread on this forum is more active than it's sister on the DM forum.  Yes, I'm on both now. (not obsessed) I love GoT, but not as much as WoT.

My guess is that they'll age-down Thom and hire an actor in his 40's

.... and as it is with these epic stories, there will have to be changes.... forgive me if I remember this incorrectly, (its been a while since I've read the books) but Min --who is an important character-- makes a fairly early appearance, and then we don;t see her for a while.... if they cast someone, they're more likely to be written into the show so we dont lose her for a season or two... I doubt they'll pull a Beric Dondarian.... but that's the nature of changing mediums...  

3 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

cool... thanks for clearing that up for me... I get fuzzy with these things...lol

You get fuzzy on the details in a series of 15 books - how odd.  ;)  I think I remember that because Min annoys me a lot of the time and I would like to see less of her.

33 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

You get fuzzy on the details in a series of 15 books - how odd.  ;)  I think I remember that because Min annoys me a lot of the time and I would like to see less of her.

Haha, I find her the least annoying of Rand's threesome. Elayne is always trying to order everyone around and Aviendha is emo. Min is the cool one.

34 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Haha, I find her the least annoying of Rand's threesome. Elayne is always trying to order everyone around and Aviendha is emo. Min is the cool one.

I like Aviendha the best. She is just emo when she is tormented over the fact that she's in love with Rand and feels she is betraying Elayne.

Min annoys me because she is so besotted with Rand she can't stand to be away from him. It wouldn't matter if he didn't need her visions.

I think Nyaneave is bossier than Elyane, and much more tempermental. Till Elayne gets pregnant. I hope they keep that in just for comedic reflief.

12 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I like Aviendha the best. She is just emo when she is tormented over the fact that she's in love with Rand and feels she is betraying Elayne.

Min annoys me because she is so besotted with Rand she can't stand to be away from him. It wouldn't matter if he didn't need her visions.

I think Nyaneave is bossier than Elyane, and much more tempermental. Till Elayne gets pregnant. I hope they keep that in just for comedic reflief.

It's that ta'veren pull she can't escape.

Nynaeve's bossiness never bothered me.  Probably due to her role as village Wisdom and being so protective of the other Emond's Fielders.  She came across as almost motherly to me, or at least a protective older sister. Nobody can braid tug like her either.

Elayne's bossiness is due to being trained to be a queen since she was out of her cradle. So why does hers bother you? Nyaneave doesn't bother me, she amuses me. Especially when her hair got burned off and she tried to tug on a braid that wasn't there! :D

1 hour ago, SansaJonRule said:

Does anyone know if there are any WoT discussions in the Literature section of this forum. I tried using the search function and either there isn't one, or I am using the wrong criteria to search. I am starting on my second re-read.

Yeah. It's currently on page 6.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:54 AM, Astromech said:

He makes some good points, but the only other actor in that list I feel sort of fits is maybe Jeff Bridges. But Jeff Bridges will always be The Dude in my mind. They'll probably cats some low profile inexpensive actor in the role anyways. 

Sooo Sam Elliott?  Oh you think he commands a high salary? 

Archived