Glass Candles

Bloodraven's Spider

On August 10, 2018 at 1:54 PM, LordImp said:

Euron probably has one and might have used it to invade Dany's dreams.

Hightower probably has one aswell. They say you can see the Wall from Hightower and I think you can with a glass candle. 

I can definitely see the Hightower's having one.

Do we know how many they're in total? I think 4 but i could be mistaken.

1) Citadel

2) House of Urrathon Nightwalker

3) Quaithe

4) The Hightower's

1 hour ago, Bloodraven's Spider said:

I can definitely see the Hightower's having one.

1) Citadel

2) House of Urrathon Nightwalker

3) Quaithe

4) The Hightower's

As far as I remember there are 4 yes. 

2 hours ago, Bloodraven's Spider said:

The way I read it was that there are four at the Citadel, who knows how many others survived the Doom?

A Feast for Crows - Prologue

Pate knew about the glass candles, though he had never seen one burn. They were the worst-kept secret of the Citadel. It was said that they had been brought to Oldtown from Valyria a thousand years before the Doom. He had heard there were four; one was green and three were black, and all were tall and twisted.

2 hours ago, Bloodraven's Spider said:

It is probably irrelevant but there seem to be more than four. Appears to be more than one at UNK's (whoever that may be) house.

A Clash of Kings - Daenerys V     It is said that the glass candles are burning in the house of Urrathon Night-Walker, that have not burned in a hundred years./

Iff'n I'm reading it correctly Pate thinks there may be four at the Citadel.

A Feast for Crows - Pate knew about the glass candles, though he had never seen one burn. They were the worst-kept secret of the Citadel. It was said that they had been brought to Oldtown from Valyria a thousand years before the Doom. He had heard there were four; one was green and three were black, and all were tall and twisted./

What I find very interesting about the glass candles is what Samwell said  Aemon said:

A Feast for Crows - Samwell IV   Even when he did recall, his talk was all a jumble. He spoke of dreams and never named the dreamer, of a glass candle that could not be lit and eggs that would not hatch./

and what Marwyn tells Sam:

A Feast for Crows - Samwell V     The sorcerers of the Freehold could see across mountains, seas, and deserts with one of these glass candles. They could enter a man's dreams and give him visions, and speak to one another half a world apart, seated before their candles. Do you think that might be useful, Slayer?"/

When a glass candle topic comes up, for some reason those two above bits have always piqued my curiosity.  It just makes me wonder who besides Dany has had their dreams entered.

Then I go full on tinfoil --- and wonder if the HoBaW processes a glass candle of their own --- because Marwyn said with a glass candle there would be no need for ravens ---- which leads into my thought that Tobho Mott's place in KL is a FM safe house.  :wacko:

Archived