The third twist

LordImp

GRRM revealed 3 shocking twists to D&D . The first was Stannis burning Shireen , the second was Hodor and the third will come at the end.

What do you think this third twist will be? I personally think it will something about the Night King ( I'm no fan of Bran= NK) .

What's your tought on the third twist? 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:46 PM, LordImp said:

GRRM revealed 3 shocking twists to D&D . The first was Stannis burning Shireen , the second was Hodor and the third will come at the end.

Yeah, the first two were great. Shireen being burned so drastic and sad, the fate of Hodor moving. I guess the third one will be Jon or Daenerys dying in sort of sacrifice.

Killing off Baelish surely doesn't count, but came quite unexpected for this important character, too.

1 hour ago, wolfsbae said:

Could the third reveal have been Jon's parentage? I hope not. 

If that's it I will be pissed. Unless R+L=J really isn't true and the last two seasons strung us along for nothing. Which would just be an awful move in general....

IMO, it has to be WW related. I mean, it doesn't have to be, but it would make the most sense. Rumors are that their actions are going to be revealed this season and I would guess that's the twist. I really REALLY don't like the Bran is the NK theory, but I could see them doing it. (I just don't like time travel in general, and why I hated the Hodor thing.)

Anyway, that's my thoughts. But I really hope it's not Jon parentage or Jon and Dany sacrifice related. That wouldn't be very shocking to me..

19 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

If that's it I will be pissed. Unless R+L=J really isn't true and the last two seasons strung us along for nothing. Which would just be an awful move in general....

I think if it hadn't have been so heavily rumoured and instead come as a momentous shock to everyone, it would've been a fantastic suckerpunch of a reveal. Has it been confirmed that the last reveal is yet to come? If not, I'd guess that it was R + L = J.

13 minutes ago, wolfsbae said:

I think if it hadn't have been so heavily rumoured and instead come as a momentous shock to everyone, it would've been a fantastic suckerpunch of a reveal. Has it been confirmed that the last reveal is yet to come? If not, I'd guess that it was R + L = J.

I don't think it has (though I thought it was referenced in the initial article that it would be at the end of the show? I think?). But there also hasn't been articles about how this was the last reveal (IDK if there even would be...).

The only reason I don't think (and this is just my opinion) that R+L=J is it, is because it was SOOO well known that was going to happen. And D&D obviously pay attention to what people think and mention about the show on the internet, think of the Gendry still rowing the boat meme, referenced in the show. So I would think it would be something way further out of left field, just like Hodor and Shireen was. Supposedly even D&D guessed Jon's mother correctly in the initial meeting with GRRM (from what I remember of the article) so it wasn't even a shock for them and I don't think they have closely read the books.

- also, this is just all my opinion and some guessing on my part....

3 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I don't think it has (though I thought it was referenced in the initial article that it would be at the end of the show? I think?). But there also hasn't been articles about how this was the last reveal (IDK if there even would be...).

The only reason I don't think (and this is just my opinion) that R+L=J is it, is because it was SOOO well known that was going to happen. And D&D obviously pay attention to what people think and mention about the show on the internet, think of the Gendry still rowing the boat meme, referenced in the show. So I would think it would be something way further out of left field, just like Hodor and Shireen was. Supposedly even D&D guessed Jon's mother correctly in the initial meeting with GRRM (from what I remember of the article) so it wasn't even a shock for them and I don't think they have closely read the books.

- also, this is just all my opinion and some guessing on my part....

I hope you're right! 

If not WW related, maybe it is something to do with Daenerys' final betrayal. That too comes in threes. 

I'm just throwing ideas everywhere now. 

1 hour ago, wolfsbae said:

I hope you're right! 

If not WW related, maybe it is something to do with Daenerys' final betrayal. That too comes in threes. 

I'm just throwing ideas everywhere now. 

The whole betrayal thing, and all the premonitions that happen to her in 3's, really fascinates me. Maybe Jon betrays her in the end? Not sure how I would get there but it would be an interesting twist. He does it for what he believes is good for the realm? Now I kinda wanna go down this rabbet hole...

27 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

The whole betrayal thing, and all the premonitions that happen to her in 3's, really fascinates me. Maybe Jon betrays her in the end? Not sure how I would get there but it would be an interesting twist. He does it for what he believes is good for the realm? Now I kinda wanna go down this rabbet hole...

I could see it happening, but only if he felt as though he had no other choice. I can imagine Jon would be jarred by her ruthlessness and sometimes homicidal tendencies, so I don’t think it’s completely unlikely. The dynamic is going to be so interesting when we finally get Jon, Dany and Sam (and Jorah, too) in a room together and they learn what she did to the Tarly’s.*

*Unless Sam is all LOL no biggie I hated them anyway

4 hours ago, wolfsbae said:

Could the third reveal have been Jon's parentage? I hope not. 

I do hope it's something WW related. I could get on board with Bran = NK but only if it makes sense.

No , they said the last twist will come at the very end. 

18 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Unless R+L=J really isn't true and the last two seasons strung us along for nothing.

It proven now. Sam and Bran's vision made that absolutely clear. There is no misleading here.

19 hours ago, wolfsbae said:

Could the third reveal have been Jon's parentage?

It's important, but not shocking. That would be a disappointment, though.

18 hours ago, btfu806 said:

it has to be WW related. I mean, it doesn't have to be, but it would make the most sense. Rumors are that their actions are going to be revealed this season and I would guess that's the twist.

We need a proper explanation for what the Night King wants and who he is, no matter whether this is the third twist or not. I really hope for some more important twists...

17 hours ago, wolfsbae said:

maybe it is something to do with Daenerys' final betrayal. That too comes in threes

Yes, I expect something with Daenerys. Maybe, Daenerys turning mad like her father. That would be shocking... maybe she turns mad and Jon has to kill her? Or Jon has to sacrifice her?

13 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

Jon then abolishes the monarchy. Targaryen rule began with an Aegon and will end with an Aegon.

Not impossible, but unlikely -- however, not a "shocking twist", isn't it? This is one of many potential scenarios. 

The first two "shocking twists" have been a lot more than predictable developments.

Daenerys turning mad and killed by Jon.

We still miss a proper explanation for the Night King and his fate. That might be shocking, too.

1.The Night King is "The First King"

2. The Night King has been feeding visions to Bran and the Red Priest/Priestesses  

3. R+ L = Jon /Gendry = L+R(obert) ,Jon and Gendry are brothers, one being born of Robert and Lyanna, the other of Rheagar and Lyanna exactly 9 months apart. 

Daenerys will perish as a result of injuries she suffers in the Dance of the Dragons and will end up as Queen Khaleesi of the Dothraki Land of the Dead (Rhaeshi Ajjalani), where she reunite with Drogo and their child. So she does survive in a manner of speaking (at least she is last seen as an animate "entity"). But this still is heartbreaking and bittersweet.

I have been thinking about this the past few days. I really think it's going to be WW related. It seems like either way you go to Dany will be expected. She could become the hero of the story and die in sacrifice for her hero-ness. Or she could become a mad king ruler and killed by Jon or whomever else. Neither of them seem too shocking to me... 

The whole history or past of the WW and it somehow connecting to all their scenes previously and explaining how it all works. There could be a lot of shock in there since we still don't know THAT much about them.

4 hours ago, btfu806 said:

She could become the hero of the story and die in sacrifice for her hero-ness. Or she could become a mad king ruler and killed by Jon or whomever else.

Yes, I expect the same. One of both.

4 hours ago, btfu806 said:

The whole history or past of the WW and it somehow connecting to all their scenes previously and explaining how it all works.

I hope there will be a proper explanation of the WW and the Night King.

The Night King is a Stark, the 13th commander of the Night's watch. Why he wants to attack Westeros and whether he really intends to kill/convert the people of Westeros is unknown. Maybe he is not as evil after all or maybe there is any credible story why he exists and acts like he does. Very strange at the moment. We know too little.

The Night’s King of lore and the Night King in the series are two different entities. The legendary Night’s King lived during the Age of Heroes, was the 13th Commander of the Night’s Watch, was human, took an Other as his wife, performed human sacrifices to the White Walkers, and may or may not have been a Stark. He was overthrown and killed by the King of the North (and his allies) at the time. The Night King is a construct of the GOT series and does not even exist in the Books. He is identified in the series as the first White Walker and most assuredly was a Stark.

It is likely that the series has been using the history of the original Night’s King and adapted some components of it to suit the storyline they have written for the Night King in GOT series. Perhaps we will find out that the Night King reason for invading is to obtain a Night Queen and perhaps this female must be a child of the Targaryen Line for some reason.  Craster, who was sacrificing his sons to be turned into White Walkers, was of Targaryen lineage (The Three-Eyed Raven [before Bran] may also have been as well). The Night King is also a Greenseer and may have foreseen that Daenerys will become pregnant and have a daughter (or twins with one boy and one girl). And he wants this baby so he can turn it into a White Walker to become the Night Queen. This theory has been around for a while so I don’t take credit for it. It may be a little too complicated to fit into the series however. But who knows for sure. We shall see.

Archived