The third twist

LordImp

Do you mean the R+L = J  (an earlier reveal) or do you mean something else?  As I understand the 3rd holy shit moment happens in the final episode, so that would mean we have not seen it yet.

And thanks for inquiring about my emotional status - that was kind of you.

I was kinda hoping that bran is not a force for good and has been playing them all - sending dany mad like aerys heard voices or it will be something to do with the ww/nk. May be dany raised as the night queen....but it might be something underwhelming for sure according to the spoilers ...was hoping jon and dany spending thier lives by the waterfall but that ain't gonna happen...

On 8/8/2018 at 10:14 PM, btfu806 said:

The only reason I don't think (and this is just my opinion) that R+L=J is it, is because it was SOOO well known that was going to happen.

I think book fans knew about it, but not the people who watched the show. It was only during like mid seasons that a lot of articles about it were published. When GRRM discussed plot points with D&D way back in Season 1 or so, it would still have been a big mystery, except for a handful of book fans. So it's one of the big twists (at least the one that goes with canon). 

1 hour ago, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

I think book fans knew about it, but not the people who watched the show. It was only during like mid seasons that a lot of articles about it were published. When GRRM discussed plot points with D&D way back in Season 1 or so, it would still have been a big mystery, except for a handful of book fans. So it's one of the big twists (at least the one that goes with canon). 

As far as I remember, D&D knew this fan theory well, and this was discussed with Martin during one of their first talks. Something like GRRM asked them do they know who is Jon's mother, and D&Ds said something like "yeah, we think so and so" and GRRM just smiled. 

By this time R+L=J thread was already pinned on ASOIAF forum, I think. So, nah. It wouldn't be big deal for them. 

6 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Do you mean the R+L = J  (an earlier reveal) or do you mean something else?  As I understand the 3rd holy shit moment happens in the final episode, so that would mean we have not seen it yet.

And thanks for inquiring about my emotional status - that was kind of you.

Danny burning KL to the ground is the last "holy shit" moment. It can't be clearer than that.

12 minutes ago, T and A said:

Danny burning KL to the ground is the last "holy shit" moment. It can't be clearer than that.

I  don't think so, what I read was that the 3rd big moment happens in the final episode.  I guess we'll find out.

1 hour ago, T and A said:

"Call no man happy till he's dead."  What cannot be clearer is that we still don't know what happens in the last 80 minutes.

Once those are over, it cannot be any clearer. Before that, it can and is.

12 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

"Call no man happy till he's dead."  What cannot be clearer is that we still don't know what happens in the last 80 minutes.

Once those are over, it cannot be any clearer. Before that, it can and is.

Well, it is clear now, isn't it 

19 hours ago, SuperMario said:

It had to be Jon killing Dany. King Bran was some stupid shit I am pretty sure the Ds invented.

There is a very very old theory that Brandon Stark was the Fisher King from Arthurian legend and would end up on the throne.

And Kudos to Kajjo - nailed it!

Archived