U.S. Politics: Dining on Doritos with Derrida and Donald

lokisnow

BOOM.

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/08/chris-collins-suspends-reelection-campaign

11 minutes ago, Zorral said:

:agree:  butbbbbbbb-u-u-u-u-u-t free speech free press (ha! effing ha), and fair and balanced, dialog, blab blah effin' blah.

When a chimp at the zoo gets frustrated and starts furiously masturbating and flinging shit at the guests, you don't interview the chimp for his perspective.

30 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

BOOM.

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/08/chris-collins-suspends-reelection-campaign

When a chimp at the zoo gets frustrated and starts furiously masturbating and flinging shit at the guests, you don't interview the chimp for his perspective.

That was a thing of frackin' hilarity beauty.  Just two days ago all the airwaves (around here, anyway) were dominated by his stupid voice Galaxy Questing-informing the world he would never surrender would never give up coz I am so very very VERY innocent how dare you / they / anybody! and I'll win forever hahahahaha!

On 8/8/2018 at 11:13 PM, Triskjavikson said:

One of the things that is so abundantly clear now but that many including myself were quite ignorant of was the extent to which the Trumpian tribe does and has always thought of "Americans" as white Christians and not other people.  Sure, if pressed, some of them might "concede" that negros African-Americans are Americans too, but that's not really how they think.  

The alt-right’s constituency isn’t a tiny fringe. It’s about 11 million Americans — or 5.64 percent of non-Hispanic white people.

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/10/17670992/study-white-americans-alt-right-racism-white-nationalists

11 million Americans are white supremacists / neo nazis. 

Just putting this bit of info out there for the naive posters in here who, last year around this time, didn't neo nazis / white supremacists as an issue even though they just killed someone in Charlottesville, a year ago today.

How White Supremacists Planned Their Rally in D.C.

They were banished from their old online hubs and abandoned by many of their allies. Here’s what that tells us about the white-power movement in 2018.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/08/how-white-supremacists-planned-their-rally-in-d-c-and-what-it-tells-us-about-the-strength-of-their-movement.html

In the private Facebook chats where organizers have been working for months to hash out logistics, many used Facebook profiles with alias names, according to the leaked logs released by Unicorn Riot. Those logs revealed that Kessler discussed bringing a violent skinhead group to the event.

2 hours ago, Bonnot OG said:

The alt-right’s constituency isn’t a tiny fringe. It’s about 11 million Americans — or 5.64 percent of non-Hispanic white people.

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/10/17670992/study-white-americans-alt-right-racism-white-nationalists

11 million Americans are white supremacists / neo nazis. 

Just putting this bit of info out there for the naive posters in here who, last year around this time, didn't neo nazis / white supremacists as an issue even though they just killed someone in Charlottesville, a year ago today.

No reason I can't make some money on these assholes.  Is there a tiki torch or hand lotion manufacturer I can invest in?

Am I the only one who thinks this number is a bit low?

3 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Are y’all really slamming NPR for being moderate?  There are neo-nazis about to march in DC and NPR is the organization that needs to be called out?

If you are not encouraging people to go out and punch dem Natsies you are complicit.

Are y’all really slamming NPR for being moderate?  There are neo-nazis about to march in DC and NPR is the organization that needs to be called out?

NPR gave one of those fucking scumbags that organized last years Unite the Right Rally and This Years in DC a fucking platform to spew his bigoted bullshit from, and their spineless asses, not moderate, but spineless, did nothing to challange him. 

So yea, if being a moderate means spineless little shit that willingly gives a neo nazi a platform to spew from, then yes, I am going to give them a ton of shit for it because that shit that they did right there is apart of the fucking problem and helping to normalize them.

Being a moderate right now is counter productive and utterly fucking useless and is a real privelleged position to hold when we have fucking neo nazis running for office, loving Trump's rhetoric, killing people, and marching in every city in the US.

Fuck NPR for that interview, fuck NBC, CBS, CNBC, CNN, WaPo, NYT, LAT, and any other media outlet that gives them platforms and fluff piece articles and treats their genocidal opinions like it's normal while not challenging them, but instead sitting their and letting them just spew their bigoted side of the story.

32 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

If you are not encouraging people to go out and punch dem Natsies you are complicit.

If you're willingly giving white supremacists platforms to spew from while not challenging them, you certainly are being complicit. 

You moderates do nothing of value and are utterly worthless to combat what is going right on. 

Moderate politics is why there are kids in concentration camps right now being sexually assaulted, drugged and tortured while some of their parents are killing themselves because they have no clue when they are getting out to get to their kids.

And can't forget how some of the women that are pregnant in there are giving birth to still borns.

But please, keep mocking people that are about direct action and aren't about worthless and undeserved civility torwards a bunch of abusive white supremacists or about giving those same bigots a platform to preach from in an unchallenged manner. 

White moderates are a fucking disease and are the biggest enablers of bigotry in this country.

There are neo-nazis about to march in DC and NPR is the organization that needs to be called out?

They both need to be called out. When you give a small group a big voice you make them seem like a big group and help them normalise their views, and normalising their views is how racists, fascists and Nazis get into power.

On 8/10/2018 at 1:08 PM, SweetPea said:

That's not the goal of a base on Mars. The goal is to make the future of humanity safer. Big extinction events have happened in the past, and we cannot assume that another one won't happen that will wipe out humanity. If that happens, it would be very fortunate if humanity has already estabilished at least one self-sustaining colony on another planet. The next step is another solar system.

Backing up your important data on a secondary hard-drive will greatly decrease the chances of it being lost, but it won't help you if your house burns down. Unless you keep it somewhere else. In the case of humanity, that would be on another planet.

A base on Mars would not provide a safer future for 99.999% of the humans on Earth, but it would provide a much safer future for humanity. That is Elon Musk's goal.

You need a proper population base to actually sustain out current level of technology, one in the order of 100 million to 1 billion. And that is ignoring the effort that will need to go into sustaining anything like the biosphere needed for all those people.

Basically simply building a rocket able to reach Mars isn't even working on the real problems humanity would face.

1 hour ago, Bonnot OG said:

If you're willingly giving white supremacists platforms to spew from while not challenging them, you certainly are being complicit. 

You moderates do nothing of value and are utterly worthless to combat what is going right on. 

Moderate politics is why there are kids in concentration camps right now being sexually assaulted, drugged and tortured while some of their parents are killing themselves because they have no clue when they are getting out to get to their kids.

And can't forget how some of the women that are pregnant in there are giving birth to still borns.

But please, keep mocking people that are about direct action and aren't about worthless and undeserved civility torwards a bunch of abusive white supremacists or about giving those same bigots a platform to preach from in an unchallenged manner. 

White moderates are a fucking disease and are the biggest enablers of bigotry in this country.

Punching Natsies hasn't got those people out of concentration camps either. It was legal action that has forced a reversal. And it's the ballot box that will determine whether it's more of the same for at least another 2 years or if there will be a check put on the extreme policies that are being put into action.

4 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Punching Natsies hasn't got those people out of concentration camps either. It was legal action that has forced a reversal. And it's the ballot box that will determine whether it's more of the same for at least another 2 years or if there will be a check put on the extreme policies that are being put into action. 

But no-one was talking about punching Nazis until you brought it up so you could dismiss the argument. The discussion was whether NPR and other big media are right to be giving these people a platform to tell the world their views and if you think that having such a platform doesn't help them at the ballot box then you're really, really, really wrong.

JARED KUSHNER WANTED TO DISRUPT U.N. AGENCY THAT SUPPORTS PALESTINIAN REFUGEES, REPORT SAYS

https://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner-tried-strip-palestinians-refugee-status-1058860

Internal emails obtained by Foreign Policy show that Trump's son-in-law discussed undermining the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA)—created in 1949 to provide food and educational, medical and social services to Palestinians who were displaced following the establishment of the state of Israel—with other senior officials.

Trump tweeted about the Charlottesville anniversary yesterday, it was more bothsiderism, “i condemn all types of racism and violence”, yet I see some outlets reporting about it as a “reversal” from his statements last year. He did not call out white supremacists, did not address the root of the violence, and covered himself with his base who no doubt count the so called “white genocide” among ALL types of racism.

On punching Nazis: I would prefer that people spewing divisive, outdated and scientifically unproven theories about race be treated with contempt.  Like Flat Earthers.  And if one of them happens to take a shot in the mouth, I might not advocate it but I'm not going to feel too terrible about it either.  Like flat Earthers.

For instance:

48 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Trump tweeted about the Charlottesville anniversary yesterday, it was more bothsiderism, “i condemn all types of racism and violence”, yet I see some outlets reporting about it as a “reversal” from his statements last year. He did not call out white supremacists, did not address the root of the violence, and covered himself with his base who no doubt count the so called “white genocide” among ALL types of racism.

I remember reading a news story about trumps "condemnation" days after Charlottesville.  The Stormfront fuckers were jizzing all over themselves because The Orange Enormity  didn't call the out specifically.  For them, the message was clear.

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

JARED KUSHNER WANTED TO DISRUPT U.N. AGENCY THAT SUPPORTS PALESTINIAN REFUGEES, REPORT SAYS

https://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner-tried-strip-palestinians-refugee-status-1058860

So, do you think I could share a jail cell with Jared?  If I got busted for some white collar crime I mean.  Like the romantic sub plot in "Let's Go to Prison".  I'd make that shit special

I'm not even gay, but I mean look at the guy!  He's got a neck like a goose!

11 hours ago, Bonnot OG said:

NPR gave one of those fucking scumbags that organized last years Unite the Right Rally and This Years in DC a fucking platform to spew his bigoted bullshit from, and their spineless asses, not moderate, but spineless, did nothing to challange him. 

So yea, if being a moderate means spineless little shit that willingly gives a neo nazi a platform to spew from, then yes, I am going to give them a ton of shit for it because that shit that they did right there is apart of the fucking problem and helping to normalize them.

Being a moderate right now is counter productive and utterly fucking useless and is a real privelleged position to hold when we have fucking neo nazis running for office, loving Trump's rhetoric, killing people, and marching in every city in the US.

Fuck NPR for that interview, fuck NBC, CBS, CNBC, CNN, WaPo, NYT, LAT, and any other media outlet that gives them platforms and fluff piece articles and treats their genocidal opinions like it's normal while not challenging them, but instead sitting their and letting them just spew their bigoted side of the story.

The NPR cotton baller didn't even ask him about or even mention that SOMEONE WAS KILLED BY HIS PEOPLE in Charlottesville, and then cut to the EVILE of Black Lives Matter.  Eff NPR for sure.  They are enablers, facilitators and complicit in all this and they have to be called out even as they try constantly to shake us down for money to keep them going with THEIR really nice salaries and benefits.  AND they gave him extensive free promo and publicity for his nazis in D.C.

Archived