U.S. Politics: Dining on Doritos with Derrida and Donald

lokisnow

4 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Either points per drive or your SO’s rating of you on a 1 to Garoppolo scale?

TD-Int ratio, and we’re all striving to be 1.4s on the Handsome Jimmy scale!

Now go cry me a river in PANTS stadium!!!

Apparently the 'reason' for Rand Paul to go to Russia is to hand deliver a Trump letter (no doubt itself yet another violation of the administrative records act, and as we all know collusion to defraud elections).

A real life covfefe boi. Couldn't keep his mouth shut though even if only so he could lie again as one does, so of under the bus he goes, probably.

4 hours ago, Serious Callers Only said:

Apparently the 'reason' for Rand Paul to go to Russia is to hand deliver a Trump letter (no doubt itself yet another violation of the administrative records act, and as we all know collusion to defraud elections).

A real life covfefe boi. Couldn't keep his mouth shut though even if only so he could lie again as one does, so of under the bus he goes, probably.

"Covfefe Boy"
/kōvfāfā boi/
noun
noun: covfefe boy; plural noun: covfefe boys

Typically an adult male, employed by insecure world leaders to fellate other world leaders by proxy (typically Tyrants and Despots). 

(See euphemism: "I've delivered the letter")

Rand Paul is getting rightly skewered on twitter over this.

29 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

"Covfefe Boy"
/kōvfāfā boi/
noun

Typically and adult male who employed by insecure world leaders to fellate other world leaders by proxy (typically Tyrants and Despots). 

See also, Papadopolous, George -- the orig Covfefe Boy https://nextdraft.com/archives/n20171031/covfefe-boy/

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/08/08/bill-nelson-the-russians-have-penetrated-some-florida-voter-election-systems/

Just for context of how rigged this election will be:

I Googled Chris Collins and the 27th congressional district of New York to see who his Democratic opponent was. Of course I immediately found a couple of articles that said Nate McMurray, the Democratic nominee, already has had a fundraising boost and his chances of pulling an upset have gone up.

But what really shocked me was to find out that McMurray is the town supervisor of Grand Island, New York, and Grand Island is NOT in the 27th district. Grand Island is part of the 26th congressional district.

I know that in terms of the federal constitution members of the House are actually not required to live within the boundaries of the district they represent. But I have never heard before of any one who did not live within their district running for U.S. Representative before, much less winning the primary and becoming their party's candidate. After the every decade redistrictings, when a representative ends up with his or her home outside of the boundaries of their old district, I have always seen them actually moving their residence to within the new boundaries of the district if they still want to run in it.

Is there any U.S. representative now who does not maintain a residence within the bounds of his or her district? Just how unprecedented is McMurray's situation?

https://votemcmurray.com/about-nate/

http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/libs/pldtools/map_cong/27.htm

(on the map linked to above, Grand Island is the large island on the west side of the gray area on the west side of the map -- that gray area being the 26th district.)

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

"Covfefe Boy"
/kōvfāfā boi/
noun

Typically and adult male who employed by insecure world leaders to fellate other world leaders by proxy (typically Tyrants and Despots). 

See Santorum

@Ormond

It actually happened just over a year ago. The Democratic nominee for the special election in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District, Jon Ossoff, lived just outside of the district and it was used against him. He narrowly lost by 9,000 votes (about 3%), though it was a good showing because former Congressman Tom Price won the district by roughly 80,000 votes (23%) in 2016.

9 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Rep. Chris Collins has been indicted for insider trading. 

5 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

The consensus on CNN (Fake News amirite?) is that it was a particularly stupid crime.  He was sending text messages to his son from the WH grounds.

9 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Jared is expendable though. I think it’s one of the few honest things Rudy has said.

https://i.imgur.com/0w5UAMX.gif

7 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Oh I remember when Alex Jones was a fun novelty, where one could sit in their dorm room smoking a J and laugh at his bizarre conspiracy video Loose Change. How he ever became main stream is beyond me.

I blame CNN.  They gave a lunatic like Glenn Beck a national platform long before he made the move to Fox News. When it comes down to it, there really isn't lot of difference between the two (Beck and Jones).

The Most Powerful Publishers in the World Don’t Give a Damn
Twitter’s Jack Dorsey is protecting Alex Jones’s publishing power in the name of “what serves the public conversation best.” His reasoning is absurd.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/08/the-most-powerful-publishers-in-the-world-dont-give-a-damn/567095/

I remembered this exchange when Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter, published a multi-part explanation his decision to protect the InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’s use of Dorsey’s publishing platform. “Accounts like Jones’ can often sensationalize issues and spread unsubstantiated rumors,” Dorsey tweeted, “so it’s critical journalists document, validate, and refute such information directly so people can form their own opinions. This is what serves the public conversation best.”

To recap: What serves the public conservation best, Dorsey argues, is for one media company to reject the idea that publishers are responsible for the quality of what appears on their platforms, to ignore the larger record of information people publish—and instead to rely on other publishers to uphold standards such as seeking the truth and reporting it, holding the powerful accountable for lies and corruption, and doing so in a way that serves the public good and minimizes harm.

This is another chapter in the Republican elite's decades long crusade of enabling corporate and congressional corruption.

Congress Makes Corruption Too Easy
Why was Representative Chris Collins allowed to serve on the board of a pharmaceutical company?

https://newrepublic.com/article/150557/congress-makes-corruption-easy

The STOCK Act was intended to prevent members of Congress, who have access to all kinds of non-public information, from using their knowledge to make money for themselves and others. But Collins came by his information in a different, almost unbelievable way: He was on the board of directors of Innate Immunotherapeutics while also serving in Congress. Collins also held 16.8 percent of the company’s stock, and he was the company’s unofficial tout on Capitol Hill, getting at least six colleagues—including, at one point, former Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price—to buy shares.

Meanwhile, Collins sits on the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s health subcommittee, a position that gives him policymaking responsibilities over the pharmaceutical industry. As many Americans are learning for the first time today, there is no law prohibiting a congressman from serving as a corporate board member—even if that congressman specializes in policymaking that covers that corporation’s industry.

3 hours ago, Serious Callers Only said:

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/08/08/bill-nelson-the-russians-have-penetrated-some-florida-voter-election-systems/

Just for context of how rigged this election will be:

Hide contents

Sigh, remember the days when ordering fancy mustard on a hamburger was considered scandalous?

With regard to the V.A. story, did trump just look around at whoever was hanging around the clubhouse and say "Gee, you look like a smart fella..."

Archived