Watch, Watched, Watching: Movies That Could Never Be Made Today Version

Mr. Chatywin et al.

My wife is watching the reboot of Charmed but I find it unwatchable.  Similar to the original (which I did not enjoy either) but with a sledgehammer of a message for the audience: all of their demonic enemies manifest as #metoo predators.  The first episode climaxes with a character remembering that she can say no at any time even if she said yes already.  Subtle, it ain't.

16 hours ago, redriver said:

So watch Rake then,It'll cheer you both up!

I added it to our Netflix watch list after seeing your post above.  

I’m almost finished Justified S2, which I watch during flights.  Very, very good.  Thanks to everyone who insisted it would get better.  The last third of S1 and all of S2 has been very good.  

1 hour ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I added it to our Netflix watch list after seeing your post above.  

I’m almost finished Justified S2, which I watch during flights.  Very, very good.  Thanks to everyone who insisted it would get better.  The last third of S1 and all of S2 has been very good.  

S2 is the best. S3 is really good too where everything gets ramped up and how all the threads come together is pretty epic.

Saw a couple movies this week, Bohemian Rhapsody and Hunter Killer. Bohemian was a really good movie regardless if you were a fan of Queen. Some pretty funny and very dark / dreary moments and Rami(sp?) killed it as the lead actor.   As for Killer Hunter, eh...not a bad movie, not a good movie, but a good way to kill a couple hours on a dreary day.

I am 9 episodes in on Daredevil S3 and this is by far my favorite of all the seasons of Netflix Marvel shows. I was going to finish it today then saw that there are 13 episodes this season and was happy as hell since it's normally a long feeling 10.

16 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I am 9 episodes in on Daredevil S3 and this is by far my favorite of all the seasons of Netflix Marvel shows. I was going to finish it today then saw that there are 13 episodes this season and was happy as hell since it's normally a long feeling 10.

It's always been 13 episodes.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

Really? Why do I have 10 in my head? Ozark? Lost in Space? Stranger Things...?

Regardless, it's good.

Iron fist was only 10 so that might have triggered it.

My plan is to watch "outlaw king" on Netflix this evening and hope it isn't silly and grossly inaccurate. 

33 minutes ago, red snow said:

Iron fist was only 10 so that might have triggered it.

My plan is to watch "outlaw king" on Netflix this evening and hope it isn't silly and grossly inaccurate. 

Whereas i'm going to watch it tomorrow and kind of hope it is.  i will be drinking a lot, i find that makes silly and innacurate more palatable. 

9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Whereas i'm going to watch it tomorrow and kind of hope it is.  i will be drinking a lot, i find that makes silly and innacurate more palatable. 

Good tip. I'll be having some beers while watching but should maybe play it safe and have some beforehand. I guess if it's brave heart style I can tolerate the silly 

S2 of Patriot dropped today and I am... happy. Twisted, quirky, darkly comic, just a fantastic show about a folk/secret singing spook trying to maintain his grip. 

3 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

S2 of Patriot dropped today and I am... happy. Twisted, quirky, darkly comic, just a fantastic show about a folk/secret singing spook trying to maintain his grip. 

Completely forgot. Amazon's marketing is shit. 

The first season was a top 3 show of the year.. maybe top 2. Definitely looking forward to it.

Amazon's marketing is horrible, isn't it. This show is NOT. Everyone I know should be watching it, but alas. Definitely top or top two for me as well. Great cast, wonderful show lol

10 minutes ago, red snow said:

You'll possibly spoil tv for a couple of weeks that way when you see how versatile and consistently great they are!

I’ve loved League of Gentleman and Psychoville so I don’t know why I didn’t start this before but I absolutely love it!! Some are better than others. But when it’s good it’s absolutely brilliant and it’s never what you could call “bad” so yeah I’m loving it :D halfway through season 3 now 

On 11/6/2018 at 4:04 PM, redriver said:

Loving Rake on Netflix.Australian comedy drama.Roxburgh nails it in the lead role with great aplomb.

Easy watching with biting satire,frequently very funny.

I think it's a gem.

I just finished it last week. I absolutely loved it. I have lawyer friend and recommended it to her few months ago and she loved it too. The Canadian legal system being similar to the Australian, I figured she would get more of the legal jokes. 

38 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I’ve loved League of Gentleman and Psychoville so I don’t know why I didn’t start this before but I absolutely love it!! Some are better than others. But when it’s good it’s absolutely brilliant and it’s never what you could call “bad” so yeah I’m loving it :D halfway through season 3 now 

Worth checking out the live Halloween one once you're finished too. I really need to give psychoville a go as it's the gap in my knowledge of these shows. 

Archived