NFL 2018 Preseason: Now With More Jace Meltdowns!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

So Jarvis Landry. Let's talk about Jarvis Landry, Ok? He's fine. Very fine people on both side of the Cleveland roster! It's true, they're there. Look, it's the Hardland. The Hardland of America, folks! They know where it is! When people talk about Ohio, boy do we love Ohio right? Look at Tyrod, we've got a Tyrod instead of a Baker. Get 'em outta there! We want our boy don't we? Landry? He catched all them passes, all the passes! But they all came from screens! Screen and screen! You know what used to happen? They'd take that guy out on a stretcher, all of them screens.

Hue Jackson? Folks, it's Hue Jackson. Hopeless Hue, that's what we like to call him! We know why he's here! We know why he's the coach! The Browns! We gotta get better, folks. We're going to get it better. With these losings. So much losing. When we get rid of Hue there's going to be winning! So much winning the Browns are going to win again! Do I deserve the credit? Some people say YES. That's what everyone's saying, that I'm going to get the credit. It's what they're all saying.

Man I can't wait to be sick of the preseason.  I'm bias because I'm a Colts fan and Luck is my starting QB in my dynasty league, but he's the main storyline tomorrow.  Sucks NFL Network is playing Cowbys@Niners.  Luck is supposedly going to play one whole quarter!  That's must see.

30 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

:love:

:kiss:

Now, to ruin the good vibes. I think the Vikings made a colossal mistake letting Kase walk away with Anne Hathaway and taking Kirk into the black hole instead. 

I'm not even a Kirk hater. I think he's fine. Perfectly fine. 

But I've been a Case fan since his days under Gary Kubiak and everyone is so quick to jump on the familiar dick of a 'prototypical' QB that they vastly underrate anyone who has a different game. 

Brett Favre would have been considered a bust in today's NFL, just because he wouldn't want to sit there and take your pussy fucking pick rout 5 yards per completion layups. 

Same thing Tyrod deals with. You gonna tell me that Kirk's Washington teams were worse than some of the pig fuckers Tygod was scrapping to a superior win loss record? 

Again, I'm not even dissing Cousins. But the idea that he is worth over 30% more than Keenum is asinine. He's fine. Keenum is a marginal talent. Tygod is viable. 

If they were all making 18 mil a year I probably take Cousins. But give me Keenum/Tyrod + a dependable O-lineman or defensive line depth any day.

24 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

:kiss:

Now, to ruin the good vibes. I think the Vikings made a colossal mistake letting Kase walk away with Anne Hathaway and taking Kirk into the black hole instead. 

I'm not even a Kirk hater. I think he's fine. Perfectly fine. 

But I've been a Case fan since his days under Gary Kubiak and everyone is so quick to jump on the familiar dick of a 'prototypical' QB that they vastly underrate anyone who has a different game. 

Brett Favre would have been considered a bust in today's NFL, just because he wouldn't want to sit there and take your pussy fucking pick rout 5 yards per completion layups. 

Same thing Tyrod deals with. You gonna tell me that Kirk's Washington teams were worse than some of the pig fuckers Tygod was scrapping to a superior win loss record? 

Again, I'm not even dissing Cousins. But the idea that he is worth over 30% more than Keenum is asinine. He's fine. Keenum is a marginal talent. Tygod is viable. 

If they were all making 18 mil a year I probably take Cousins. But give me Keenum/Tyrod + a dependable O-lineman or defensive line depth any day.

If the Eagles game didn’t happen, I would agree, but that game showed that Case can’t generate offense when it’s needed. I’m not sure if Kirk can either, but I trust him more in that regards. However, that contract horrifies me, especially if he gets hurt. If that happens we’re screwed. I would have rather we traded Barr and a few picks to move up and grab Rosen, as risky as that may sound. But back to Kirk and Case. In the NFL, there are a couple great QBs, a few more good QBs, some bad QBs, and like 16 dudes in the middle who are largely interchangeable. Kirk and Case are both in that grouping, but Kirk is on the higher end while Case is probably on the lower end. When those guys have talent around them they look good, and when they don’t they look bad. The Vikings skill guys are way better than what the Racial Slurs have, so I’m hoping that means we’ll maximize whatever Kirk has. We shall see.

And hey, it sounds like your Cro-Magnon lover is going to throw tonight!

55 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

If the Eagles game didn’t happen, I would agree, but that game showed that Case can’t generate offense when it’s needed. I’m not sure if Kirk can either, but I trust him more in that regards. However, that contract horrifies me, especially if he gets hurt. If that happens we’re screwed. I would have rather we traded Barr and a few picks to move up and grab Rosen, as risky as that may sound. But back to Kirk and Case. In the NFL, there are a couple great QBs, a few more good QBs, some bad QBs, and like 16 dudes in the middle who are largely interchangeable. Kirk and Case are both in that grouping, but Kirk is on the higher end while Case is probably on the lower end. When those guys have talent around them they look good, and when they don’t they look bad. The Vikings skill guys are way better than what the Racial Slurs have, so I’m hoping that means we’ll maximize whatever Kirk has. We shall see.

And hey, it sounds like your Cro-Magnon lover is going to throw tonight!

It'll definitely be interesting this year to see how Cousins does with the Vikings WRs and with Cook back.  Case was better than I expected, he typically has a great sense of danger in the pocket and good fundamentals, but I think Kirk throws better passes and has a similar skillset.

29 minutes ago, aceluby said:

It'll definitely be interesting this year to see how Cousins does with the Vikings WRs and with Cook back.  Case was better than I expected, he typically has a great sense of danger in the pocket and good fundamentals, but I think Kirk throws better passes and has a similar skillset.

Like the last few seasons, it will all come down to the O-Line and how the QB can handle pressure. If the O-Line can hold up and/or Kirk can avoid the pressure if they fail, we’ll win the division. If not, well, the season will be a journey, that’s for sure. I still don’t get why they aren’t investing more in the line.

And wouldn’t you know, we’ve already got three injured starters…..

Kirk was still able to operate reasonably effectively last year when our entire O line got injured in like a two week span.  He is usually very good at getting the ball out quickly, and to an acceptable read (single coverage).  This is because he is good at reading defenses pre-snap, and relies heavily on this.  Where he gets into problems is when he takes that pre-snap read too far.  If the defense successfully changes/disguises what they're going to do post-snap, he can either force throws into coverage or (more often) be indecisive about open looks and just take a crappy checkdown. 

Maybe it's the Christmas morning hope speaking here but it feels like we are set up for a good/interesting season this year. Lots of starting QB changes, some for the good... of course I think I am like a kid waiting to open his present each season only to find a rock most times.

I even feel enthusiastic about Dallas this year. The o-line is all healthy (for now) and added what could be a day one starter in Williams. I am not at all worried about Dez being gone, he was more distraction than asset the last year. Zeke is coming back and from all accounts is on a mission this year, leaner and faster than last season.

The defense seems to have some depth finally on the line and even at LB. If Dallas could add a safety from IDK... Seattle, it could put them over the top from average defense to above average.

Reasons why I may be opening a rock instead of a Shogun warrior....Jason Garret, Tight ends in general and the health of our LB's...

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Kirk was still able to operate reasonably effectively last year when our entire O line got injured in like a two week span.  He is usually very good at getting the ball out quickly, and to an acceptable read (single coverage).  This is because he is good at reading defenses pre-snap, and relies heavily on this.  Where he gets into problems is when he takes that pre-snap read too far.  If the defense successfully changes/disguises what they're going to do post-snap, he can either force throws into coverage or (more often) be indecisive about open looks and just take a crappy checkdown. 

Well it’s good to know he can handle himself in a less than ideal pocket. But as I’ve said before, the thing that makes me nervous about him is that he throws a lot of interceptable passes. Hopefully our abundance of weapons will mitigate that.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Maybe it's the Christmas morning hope speaking here but it feels like we are set up for a good/interesting season this year. Lots of starting QB changes, some for the good... of course I think I am like a kid waiting to open his present each season only to find a rock most times.

I even feel enthusiastic about Dallas this year. The o-line is all healthy (for now) and added what could be a day one starter in Williams. I am not at all worried about Dez being gone, he was more distraction than asset the last year. Zeke is coming back and from all accounts is on a mission this year, leaner and faster than last season.

The defense seems to have some depth finally on the line and even at LB. If Dallas could add a safety from IDK... Seattle, it could put them over the top from average defense to above average.

Reasons why I may be opening a rock instead of a Shogun warrior....Jason Garret, Tight ends in general and the health of our LB's...

I think the Cowboys’ ceiling is a wildcard birth. The Eagles are too stacked to not win the division, regardless of who is under center. But I don’t think you need to fear either of the other two teams. The Giants are bad and the Skins are average. What you need to be worried about is three teams could come out of the South and two from the North, and frankly all five teams might be better than your guys. You got to hope they beat each other up and you sneak by two of them. The Rams are the only team with no obvious team to unseat them and/or make a playoff run.

Yesterday I was going to also say how John Dorsey the GM of Cleveland appeared a little dopey on Hardknocks.  This tweet from Mary Kay Cabot just confirmed my first impressions:

Why would any GM admit that to the media?  That's just embarrassing.  It's an obvious case of sour grapes and he's trying to hurt Dez's value to other interested teams.  But c'mon, he's cutting his nose to spite his face.

1 minute ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Yesterday I was going to also say how John Dorsey the GM of Cleveland appeared a little dopey on Hardknocks.  This tweet from Mary Kay Cabot just confirmed my first impressions:

Why would any GM admit that to the media?  That's just embarrassing.  It's an obvious case of sour grapes and he's trying to hurt Dez's value to other interested teams.  But c'mon, he's cutting his nose to spite his face.

Let's be real. If you lose a power struggle to Andy 'Can We Like Just Hug After This?' Reid... how competent can you be?

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

Add Paul Alexander to that list. 

I have a fantasy that before I die tonight:

Andrew Luck is back to take the snap after that nice completion to Chester Rodgers... Two Tight Ends, single-wide formation out of the shotgun. Marlon Mack is to Andrew's left...

The snap. The Seahawks are blitzing.

The line shifts into the blitz, looks like a good pickup.

Oh!

Oh!

Shaquem Griffin has absolutely pile driven Luck into his throwing shoulder. Oh no! Marlon Mack completely whiffed on the block! It's worse than what Oklahoma did to Chris Simms... Andrew is still down.

He's still down, folks. Griffin is standing over him

It looks like he's checking on Luck, Griffin is.

Wait.

Wait what's happening!?!

Luck appears to be struggling against Griffin, I cannot see what is happening.

OH MY GOD!

OH MY GOD!

Shaquem Griffin has removed Andrew Luck's throwing hand and is attaching it to himself! WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!

Folks, we're back from the break. Referee Gene Steretorre has announced that there will be no penalty on Griffin for the dismemberment of Andrew Luck, as two rights do not make a wrong.

------------

This is my design.

Obviously just the pre-season, and against the Giants' dog shit defense, but Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield both looked good.  Tyrod rocked that perfect QB rating...5/5, 99 yards and a touchdown.

Barkley looked good too, which makes my dynasty team that traded for the number one pick feel happy.

Archived