NFL 2018 Preseason: Now With More Jace Meltdowns!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 minute ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Ah, so it wasn’t enough to put Eli in the same conversation as Favre, but now Montana and Brady are in it too.

FFS this thread has jumped the shark.

you've literally made no case for Eli not being considered as good as Favre and made no case why Eli shouldn't be in the HOF or why he's considered "fringe" HOFer, just like everyother person that hates on Eli......you accused me of not being objective about this, when in fact I've stated nothing but stats comparing Eli and Brett......And yes, sorry to break it to you but, Eli can be talked about in the same sentence as Montana and Brady or Bart Starr and Terry Bradshaw because they're the only 5 players in NFL history with multiple SB MVPs.  I'm not saying Eli is as good as them but he most certainly has something in common with them

6 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Ah, so it wasn’t enough to put Eli in the same conversation as Favre, but now Montana and Brady are in it too.

FFS this thread has jumped the shark.

You're wasting your time arguing with a guy who very likely created a 2nd account just so he could get some backup in his pro Eli Manning argument.

The only reasonable move is to throw Jace at him and back away slowly.

1 minute ago, Whiskeyjack said:

You're wasting your time arguing with a guy who very likely created a 2nd account just so he could get some backup in his pro Eli Manning argument.

The only reasonable move is to throw Jace at him and back away slowly.

throw anyone you want at me, the numbers don't lie......people just need to admit that they don't like Eli.  If people would just say "I flat out don't like Eli Manning," rather than saying hes a mediocre QB or some other BS response that downplays his skills I would respect them more

3 hours ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Lets try again...

Brett Favre: career average completion percentage = 62%, career QB rating = 86, INT % = 3.3, #2 all time passing yards, #2 all time passing TD's

Eli Manning: career average completion percentage = 59%, career QB rating = 83.5, INT % = 3.1, #6 all time passing yards, #8 all time TD's

What's the difference? 

Respectively, 3% passing percentage, 3 points QB rating, and about 10,000 passing yards, and about 200 TDs. 

That's sort of a massive difference. 

Also: Eli didn't get an MVP in the two seasons he made superbowl.  Brett Favre got it 3 years in a row. And Brett Favre was significantly more famous in his era (which featured QBs like Aikman and Montana and Young) than Eli Manning - for a hall of FAME, that's kind of a big deal. 

Eli didn't even show his dick to Jenn Sterger. 

I guess another way to say it is this: there has never, not a single year, been a reasonable case that Eli Manning was the best QB in that year. Not a single one. Most years he wasn't even in the top 5 of that year. 

In his career, Eli has finished in the top five for yards three times, has never finished in the top five for completion percentage (he’s only finished in the top ten once), and in the top five in TDs once. Favre finished in the top five in yards eleven times, in the top five for completion percentage six times, and in the top five for TDs eleven times. During his career Eli has never led the league in any of those categories. Favre led the league in yards twice, in completion percentage once, and in  TDs four times. For reference I’m a Bears fan, so I pretty much loathe Brett Favre. But saying that he and the lesser Manning are comparable is ridiculous. 

eta: I got my numbers from Pro Football Reference. 

Yknow that part in Django when D'artagnon gets torn apart by Mr. Stonecypher's dogs?

That's what I feel like right now. Except the dogs are a slackjawed troll and his alt while mocking Leo has been replaced by the disappointed Football Gawds.

Forgive me, fathers!

3% difference in accuracy and 3 points on QB rating is hardly a big difference.  My point wasn't to say Eli is better than Favre, again I think Brett is a great QB, not one of the top 5 or 10 all time, and I'm in no way claiming Eli is in the top 5 or 10 all time either, I just used Brett Favre to compare Eli to, they both have similar styles of play with a big cannon and taking chances, Favre was better on his feet and more creative outside the pocket though.  Yes, Favre played 20 years, thats a lot and that's where the extra yards come from, that's why I used their completion percentage, QB rating and INT percentage to compare.

Eli's had to play with better stat QB's than Favre.  Yea Eli was never the leader in any major stat category ever, so what?  He's number 6 all time in passing yards and 8 for TDs and is fringe HOF?  I just don't get that.  There's only 11 QBs to ever win multiple SBs(5 to win multiple SB MVPs) and only one isn't in the HOF(Jim Plunkett).  Of the 8 QBs that went to multiple SBs but only won one, 2 aren't in the HOF, Thiesmann and Craig Morton(besides active players obviously).  

Look, my point has never been to say Eli is better than Favre.  Like Storm, I just wanna know where the Eli hate comes from or people to admit that they think Eli isn't a HOFer simply because they don't like him.  A mediocre, fringe HOF QB doesn't randomly find himself at #6 for all time passing yards and 8 for TDs, isn't a 2x SB MVP, Eli is there because he is a good QB and a HOFer

19 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

In his career, Eli has finished in the top five for yards three times, has never finished in the top five for completion percentage (he’s only finished in the top ten once), and in the top five in TDs once. Favre finished in the top five in yards eleven times, in the top five for completion percentage six times, and in the top five for TDs eleven times. During his career Eli has never led the league in any of those categories. Favre led the league in yards twice, in completion percentage once, and in  TDs four times. For reference I’m a Bears fan, so I pretty much loathe Brett Favre. But saying that he and the lesser Manning are comparable is ridiculous. 

eta: I got my numbers from Pro Football Reference. 

at least this guy brought stats with him and made valid points, thank you.....but let me ask you, as a Bears fan, would you rather have Favre's carrer for them or Eli's?

14 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

at least this guy brought stats with him and made valid points, thank you.....but let me ask you, as a Bears fan, would you rather have Favre's carrer for them or Eli's?

Easy. Favre’s. Other than the two Superb Owls, the Giants have been one and done with Eli at the helm. Favre got his teams to five NFC championships. He won eight division titles. They aren’t comparable players. 

16 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

3% difference in accuracy and 3 points on QB rating is hardly a big difference. 

When you're talking about an average rate of 61%, it's a big deal. It's the difference between being below average or elite. Having a 65% career completion percentage is amazing; having a 59% one makes you close to Josh Allen. 

My point wasn't to say Eli is better than Favre, again I think Brett is a great QB, not one of the top 5 or 10 all time, and I'm in no way claiming Eli is in the top 5 or 10 all time either, I just used Brett Favre to compare Eli to, they both have similar styles of play with a big cannon and taking chances, Favre was better on his feet and more creative outside the pocket though.  Yes, Favre played 20 years, thats a lot and that's where the extra yards come from, that's why I used their completion percentage, QB rating and INT percentage to compare.

Okay, and you're wrong. 

Eli's had to play with better stat QB's than Favre.  Yea Eli was never the leader in any major stat category ever, so what? 

That's kind of a big deal when talking about the hall of fame. 

He's number 6 all time in passing yards and 8 for TDs and is fringe HOF?  I just don't get that.  There's only 11 QBs to ever win multiple SBs(5 to win multiple SB MVPs) and only one isn't in the HOF(Jim Plunkett).  Of the 8 QBs that went to multiple SBs but only won one, 2 aren't in the HOF, Thiesmann and Craig Morton(besides active players obviously).  

All of those QBs should go in before Eli does. 

Look, my point has never been to say Eli is better than Favre.  Like Storm, I just wanna know where the Eli hate comes from or people to admit that they think Eli isn't a HOFer simply because they don't like him.  A mediocre, fringe HOF QB doesn't randomly find himself at #6 for all time passing yards and 8 for TDs, isn't a 2x SB MVP, Eli is there because he is a good QB and a HOFer

You're mistaking Eli uncaring for Eli hate. I don't hate Eli Manning; I barely think about him, except when random NYG fans come in to start sucking his dick and telling us we should also like the taste. And you're right, a mediocre, fringe HOF QB doesn't do those things - they end up being not even fringe at that point. 

I think that Eli Manning isn't a HOF because he doesn't measure up in any real way to any of the QBs in the HOF, other than in longevity of career. And that's not that special for QBs. I mean seriously, look at this chart of passer ratings and where Eli Manning resides on it, and tell me truthfully how 'special' he is. As to passing yards, Eli Manning's career passing yards are 10 THOUSAND less than Marino's, and are closer to Carson Palmer's. 

17 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

As a Bears fan I wouldn't care about which I got, because either would instantly become the best QB the Bears have ever had. 

If Brett Favre unretired right this instant, and played for the Bears, he would be the best QB the Bears had. 

The argument is incredibly stupid. 

Archived