Watch, Watched, Watching: That last thread... forget about it completely. It doesn't matter.

RedEyedGhost

22 minutes ago, Mexal said:

The first season was really good.

Yes it was (The Sinner).  I'm debating on watching season two week-to-week, or waiting to binge it.  I did the former for season one (mostly, a couple of times I watched two episodes back to back), so I'll probably do the same.

1 minute ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Cheater! I already made a thread!

Yep.  So, you did.  It was 2/3 down the first page as somebody else had bumped the old one.  Maybe the mods will merge them.  I like the title of mine better ;) 

6 hours ago, briantw said:

Just finished episode four of Castle Rock.  Shit just went crazy.  

I'm looking forward to watching that when it's all released.  Really enjoyed the other Hulu/Stephen King collaboration - 11/22/1963

22 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I'm looking forward to watching that when it's all released.  Really enjoyed the other Hulu/Stephen King collaboration - 11/22/1963

I'm surprised this hasn't been picked up in the UK yet. I'm hoping Netflix gets it (they have a lot of king material at moment) and praying BT doesn't.

I started watching "the good place". Fun concept, no canned laughter, and I like how the episodes roll straight into one another while still providing episodic entertainment eg I'm not complaining that nothing is happening.

8 hours ago, red snow said:

I started watching "the good place". Fun concept, no canned laughter, and I like how the episodes roll straight into one another while still providing episodic entertainment eg I'm not complaining that nothing is happening.

I think the first season in particular is a great example of how to have good individual episodes and also a cleverly-constructed season-long story arc. I don't know how far you've got, but the final episode of the season is particularly interesting.

Is this The Thread for Watching? Coz, you know, there are three of them, one over the 400 but not locked, another one (I think), and this one, and the titles for these threads are confusing.  So wot's up doc?

Re-watched the director’s cut of Kingdom of Heaven for the first time in years. That version is damn near a masterpiece, imo. It’s absolutely criminal what the studio did to this movie for it’s theatrical release. Particularly to Eva Green’s character. I can’t think of too many examples of a movie being butchered worse (maybe OUaTiA). 

38 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Re-watched the director’s cut of Kingdom of Heaven for the first time in years. That version is damn near a masterpiece, imo. It’s absolutely criminal what the studio did to this movie for it’s theatrical release. Particularly to Eva Green’s character. I can’t think of too many examples of a movie being butchered worse (maybe OUaTiA). 

I have never seen the director's cut. I probably should. Been watching a lot of Templar stuff recently so now would be a good time. 

On 8/8/2018 at 6:48 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

I finished series two of Death in Paradise.  It's a fun little show.  The synopsis that popped up on Netflix for episode 1 of series three makes me sad though.

No need for sadness.  It all works out, and not for the last time.  I've just finished watching season 7, the most recent one.

14 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I watched that recently too -- it was as though I never saw it before at all.  I really appreciated it made the point that the Crusades were our first European colonialist venture -- as maybe Steven Runciman's classic three-volume history of the Crusades made it first, and which did ruffle some feathers when those books were published way back in the first years after the end of WWII.

15 hours ago, Nictarion said:

in the director's cut... do we find out what happened to Kevin McKidd?... he just disappears  after Messina... 

....S2 of Sinner is off tp a really good start

... watched Hard Sun on Hulu.... not bad...

... Started watching "Pure" on Hulu... this will either be really good, or immensely stupid... I'll keep y'all informed...lol

....Better Call Saul is on... all is right with the world...

.... Lodge 49 looks like it could be decent...

.... Snowfall is excellent

.... as is Outcast

... as is Castle Rock

Finished raiding Showtime for shows and now I'm onto Hulu. Watching Castle Rock. Looks great so far, I'm about an episode in. 

Saw ep. one of Better Call Saul, season 4, and it looks like it's off to a good start.

Watched The Handmaid's Tale season 2. The first third of the season was somewhat flawed, but it got a lot better. 

Archived