Watch, Watched, Watching: That last thread... forget about it completely. It doesn't matter.

RedEyedGhost

On 8/17/2018 at 11:17 PM, Martini Sigil said:

Usually we have a Netflix/Amazon/Crackle/On demand show we watch along with whatever's in our rotation for those days when we're all caught up   ... we just finished "Pure" on Hulu... 6 episodes... and i gotta say it definitely had its moments... Now we've started watching Secret City on Netflix starring Anna Torv... who I would have bet my life was Cate Blanchett... they look exactly alike

Is Secret City good? I saw it showed up on Netflix recently.

2 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

The Monster Squad is available on Amazon Prime, so I'm about to watch on of my childhood favorites.

I loved it when I was little too and recently bought it on Itunes for like $5. I got like 20 minutes into it before tapping out. I’ll finish it one day, maybe.

Castle Rock has been really good. I’m on episode 5 and things are starting to get wild.

I also caught an episode of the HBO cartoon Animals last week and that led me to binge the whole series. This show is funny as hell. Does anyone else watch this? I’ve never seen anyone talk about it before here or IRL. Lots of familiar comedic voices too. 

Curiosity got the best of me and I attempted to watch Baywatch. It was absolutely horrible. Couldn’t finish it.

Watched Night at the Museum for the first time as an adult (used to love it as a kid) and I simultaneously realise it’s not a great film but also enjoy it immensely as an adult who wants a career within museums. It just doesn’t have a clue LOL. Like how archaeologists must feel watching Indiana Jones. But it’s so fun. I WISH my museum came to life at night. Though the only thing that would come to life would be a few birds, a seal and an old mummy. 

13 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I also caught an episode of the HBO cartoon Animals last week and that led me to binge the whole series. This show is funny as hell. Does anyone else watch this? I’ve never seen anyone talk about it before here or IRL. Lots of familiar comedic voices too.  

I'm a fan! Caught an episode back during season 1 with no expectations and was surprised when it turned out to be pretty good. I really like how it can go from very understated to completely insane with no warning.  I think it gets missed because it airs on Fridays and it's the Sunday shows that get all the attention.

Disenchantment: poor. This would be like if The Simpsons started with Season 27 or something like that. Sure, The Simpsons and Futurama took a while to kick in, but Groening is a lot more experienced these days and people don't stick around for 2 seasons to see if a show improves (and Futurama took like 4 episodes of the first season, max, to get really good, whilst Disenchantment never gets to that level).

Matt Berry (whose vocal stylings are amazing) as the psycho prince is the one bright light in the show's sea of mediocrity, but that level of humour - a guy accidentally having sex with thirty walruses - is kind of where the show peaks.

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

Disenchantment: poor. This would be like if The Simpsons started with Season 27 or something like that. Sure, The Simpsons and Futurama took a while to kick in, but Groening is a lot more experienced these days and people don't stick around for 2 seasons to see if a show improves (and Futurama took like 4 episodes of the first season, max, to get really good, whilst Disenchantment never gets to that level).

Matt Berry (whose vocal stylings are amazing) as the psycho prince is the one bright light in the show's sea of mediocrity, but that level of humour - a guy accidentally having sex with thirty walruses - is kind of where the show peaks.

Have to agree. None of the characters capture the heart or imagination really, the humour doesn't really land and the writing just seems poor all round. Comparison to Futurama only makes this series seem worse.

Moving on from that disappointment, I'm finally getting around to watching Grace and Frankie

Watching Adventure Time, and its popularity makes sense to me (while Rick and Morty didn't click).

And for relaxing competent people doing things watching I am currently enjoying BBC's the Repair Shop.

6 hours ago, Werthead said:

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Have to agree. None of the characters capture the heart or imagination really, the humour doesn't really land and the writing just seems poor all round. Comparison to Futurama only makes this series seem worse.

Moving on from that disappointment, I'm finally getting around to watching Grace and Frankie

There goes my plans for tonight. Now I'm sad.

On Friday Netflix dropped To All The Boys I Loved Before based on the novel by Jenny Han. Just finished watching it and it's super charming. The two leads are superb and I hope Netflix follows up with the second and third book. 

12 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Just watched Beast, recently out on DVD. Just excellent; like a dark, twisted, earthy fairy tale drawing on the gorgeous landscape of the island Jersey. Really liked it. 

Saw it at the pictures. I found it mesmerising.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:25 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Some of those early Futurama episodes were a bit clunky too though.  I'd give it a chance.

5 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Some of those early Futurama episodes were a bit clunky too though.  I'd give it a chance.

Oh I watched the full season, so I did give it a chance. And while early Futurama had its clunky moments it was never on the level of this, imo. 

Archived