Watch, Watched, Watching: That last thread... forget about it completely. It doesn't matter.

RedEyedGhost

18 hours ago, dbunting said:

Still watching Sharp Objects on HBO, finale is next week. Easily my favorite show on right now, not even close. Drama set in the south, murder, small town... great acting and writing and suspense and little clues and items that if you blink you miss them.

I'm debating whether or not to give this one a shot. We tend to have similar tastes, and people keep talking about it.

Back to a comment of yours I think I missed, you should give animated shows a second try. There is so much great content out there these days.

3 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I'm debating whether or not to give this one a shot. We tend to have similar tastes, and people keep talking about it.

Back to a comment of yours I think I missed, you should give animated shows a second try. There is so much great content out there these days.

Sharp Objects is fantastic.

38 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Sharp Objects is fantastic.

I'm certainly open to it as I'm not watching anything at the moment. One of the descriptions in a previous post made it sound like it had some similarities to the first season of True Detective which was excellent. 

Well, the season finale of Yellowstone ended in an interesting place. If it wasn't the summer with a drought of tv options, I may not have finished this season. I'll give the next season a chance, but my expectations are much lower.

12 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Well, the season finale of Yellowstone ended in an interesting place. If it wasn't the summer with a drought of tv options, I may not have finished this season. I'll give the next season a chance, but my expectations are much lower.

It’s been disappointing. Not even close to the level of quality I expected from Taylor Sheridan. There’s just nothing subtle when it comes to this show, and it’s borderline OTT at times. Looks real pretty though, and Costner has been good. I’ll probably watch S2. 

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

It’s been disappointing. Not even close to the level of quality I expected from Taylor Sheridan. There’s just nothing subtle when it comes to this show, and it’s borderline OTT at times. Looks real pretty though, and Costner has been good. I’ll probably watch S2. 

I nearly lost it when . . . 

Spoiler

they kidnapped Jenkins with the company vehicles with the company logo on the damn doors. WTF?

I agree that it's pretty, but I've found Costner to be wooden and forgettable. Actually, most of the characters have been rather forgettable. Reilly has been good, even if her character was rather one-note.

It almost feels as though the Paramount Network just offered Sheridan a job because some execs liked Wind River and wanted him to create a similar show to anchor the new network. Like he just pulled an all-nighter with a loose draft and filled in the blanks later.

33 minutes ago, Astromech said:

I nearly lost it when . . . 

Reveal hidden contents

they kidnapped Jenkins with the company vehicles with the company logo on the damn doors. WTF?

I agree that it's pretty, but I've found Costner to be wooden and forgettable. Actually, most of the characters have been rather forgettable. Reilly has been good, even if her character was rather one-note.

It almost feels as though the Paramount Network just offered Sheridan a job because some execs liked Wind River and wanted him to create a similar show to anchor the new network. Like he just pulled an all-nighter with a loose draft and filled in the blanks later.

I’ve found Kelly Reilly’s character pretty insufferable for the most part which makes it hard to really appreciate the performance. I’ve liked her in other stuff though. 

I like seeing Costner play such a grey character. I’m used to him being the squeaky clean good guy in everything. 

That's a real shame "Yellowstone" is disappointing - I was looking forward to it.

I'm a bit annoyed at Amazon prime in UK and Germany airing counterpoint on their starz channel which they charge an extra £5 a month for. That sneakily means their prime service is £5 more especially as all new starz shows will air (at the moment shows like outlander and black sails are remaining on the regular prime). On principle I won't be using it as I think it's a worrying move by Amazon. What's to stop them and others from subdiving their programming and charging extra? It's a good thing with Netflix and soon Disney being around that competition will hopefully stop this move dead in its tracks. Or worse the other streaming giants think "we will have a piece of that action too".

If more shows/films start falling into pay sub categories (there's 5-6 already) then I'll be cancelling prime full stop. And maybe only pay for their SFF channel that I'm concerned is where LOTR, WOT, Conan etc will wind up.

I guess I'll get to watch season 1 of counterpoint when I make use of the 14 day free trial at least.

I'm not sure what Netflix were thinking splitting "disenchantment" into two parts and so ending it just as it was finding its groove. The last three episodes were pretty good (8 being the strongest) and settling into arc storytelling.

Laughing horse and "I never should have let him out stars on his dunce hat" were favourites.

21 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I'm certainly open to it as I'm not watching anything at the moment. One of the descriptions in a previous post made it sound like it had some similarities to the first season of True Detective which was excellent. 

Definitely check it out!!!

12 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I actually watched the first episode last night, but I was really tired so I need to rewatch it.

It’s not a show to watch while you are distracted, or feeling down either for that matter. It’s very dark and you want to pay attention to what’s going on

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It’s not a show to watch while you are distracted, or feeling down either for that matter. It’s very dark and you want to pay attention to what’s going on

Or while drinking. It requires all of your attention! 

30 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I mean you could try taking a swig every time Camille does but I wouldn’t recommend it

Doesn't she drink vodka? Yeah, not a good idea. 

Edit: Doesn't the show end this weekend? Thinking it's about time to use my free month of HBO NOW and watch the second half. 

Archived