Watch, Watched, Watching: That last thread... forget about it completely. It doesn't matter.

RedEyedGhost

57 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Yup. It's like hey it's an alien, lets go kill it.

Even the nerdy biochemist turns Rambo instantly and is in full on attack mode. Just bad on so many levels. And to top it all off my popcorn wasn't even all that good!

9 hours ago, red snow said:

It is odd. I even have shows in my watchlist and they don't promote their return. Recently it seems even the notification is failing eg I'm more likely to be told about shows they want to push than ones I want to watch. There has been a massive push for Ozark season 2 in the UK. I didn't even know about dragon prince until it was mention on this forum.

Maybe it's some post EU data law thing? I know I tightened up/ignored a lot of email updates around that point so it may be I brought it upon myself?

It's the same for me over here in the US -- though no jerky frames here.

I haven't watched anything they push on me -- almost all their 'originals' just leave me cold, so repetitious they are of what others do, and they don't do as well.

I probably wouldn't watch the Dragon Prince anyway (though I did watch CoCo and Disenchanted,as I generally don't care for animated stuff), but it was never mentioned -- heard about it here.  Nor was the Chinese episode-a-week Netflix original, The Rise of the Phoenixes.  Now this I might could watch, but I'm not doing one ep a week; I'll wait.  But to the point I hadn't known about it until yesterday when the first episode went up.

They never notify me of anything I fiend to watch, except stuff like Narcos, which I thought was very good, but I don't fiend for those shows like I do for The Last Kingdom.

So, btw, has anybody watched that first episode of The Rise of the Phoenixes (and aren't phoenixes Greek and Egyptian and Persian mythological critters, not Chinese? -- well there is the Garuda in India and some other immortal bird in China -- but it doesn't die and be reborn).

11 hours ago, Zorral said:

It's the same for me over here in the US -- though no jerky frames here.

I haven't watched anything they push on me -- almost all their 'originals' just leave me cold, so repetitious they are of what others do, and they don't do as well.

I probably wouldn't watch the Dragon Prince anyway (though I did watch CoCo and Disenchanted,as I generally don't care for animated stuff), but it was never mentioned -- heard about it here.  Nor was the Chinese episode-a-week Netflix original, The Rise of the Phoenixes.  Now this I might could watch, but I'm not doing one ep a week; I'll wait.  But to the point I hadn't known about it until yesterday when the first episode went up.

They never notify me of anything I fiend to watch, except stuff like Narcos, which I thought was very good, but I don't fiend for those shows like I do for The Last Kingdom.

So, btw, has anybody watched that first episode of The Rise of the Phoenixes (and aren't phoenixes Greek and Egyptian and Persian mythological critters, not Chinese? -- well there is the Garuda in India and some other immortal bird in China -- but it doesn't die and be reborn).

Another prime example never heard of that show but I'd probably check it out. You'd think this would come under "people who watched dragon prince"? Maybe it isn't in UK region, I will check.

I need to look into the "hacks" for Netflix and Amazon on how to just see all the items in my watchlist. A simple thing like just seeing films Vs TV would be a start. Both streamers eventually give up the list but they seem really reluctant to do so and much prefer your list being the top quarter of the screen in a scrolling format with three other rows suggesting what you should (or what they want) you to watch. I've resorted to keeping a word file and prioritising manually. I'm pretty sure I waste an hour a week browsing when I could be watching. That's my indecisiveness at fault though.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:42 PM, red snow said:

That opening is like a mini movie in itself. I watched the first 4 back to back so can see the appeal of waiting to binge. It's also less likely spoilers will emerge due to it just being a BBC show and not Dr who or a soap. But there's a lot to potentially spoil so be careful while waiting.

I know i said that i would wait till the finale so i could binge,but i gave in and watched eps. 2-4 today haha :DSoooo good!

Waiting anxiously for tonight's new episode cause:

Spoiler

I can't believe that the Home Sec. is dead!

Is someone trying to frame David ? they're doing a lousy job so far.

I really want this Bodyguard/Line of Duty crossover!! :bowdown:

There's an interesting looking docu on BBC2 tonight: King Arthur's Britain: The Truth Unearthed

I'm a sucker for anything to do with Arthurian myth,so this is right up my alley.

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I know i said that i would wait till the finale so i could binge,but i gave in and watched eps. 2-4 today haha :DSoooo good!

Waiting anxiously for tonight's new episode cause:

Hide contents

I can't believe that the Home Sec. is dead!

Is someone trying to frame David ? they're doing a lousy job so far.

I really want this Bodyguard/Line of Duty crossover!! :bowdown:

There's an interesting looking docu on BBC2 tonight: King Arthur's Britain: The Truth Unearthed

I'm a sucker for anything to do with Arthurian myth,so this is right up my alley.

Ooh, I'll definitely give that doc a look, I'm just finishing "Excalibur" by Bernard Cornwell and love his pseudo historical take.

It's a damn shame Keeley hawed was in line if duty as it would be great for a crossover. Jed mercuric said there's nothing stopping Richard madden having a part in line of duty though.

Regarding the next episode

I hope it's not the case as I think it would be corny but what if the mp isn't dead? I'm wondering if the mysterious character who visited her in the hotel (and deleted the video footage) actually proposed taking her death and they just took the bombing as an opportunity. It would explain the cover up and why the detective was utterly dismissive when the bodyguard mentioned the mystery man and video tampering. I think it's much edgier writing if she is dead though.

I also really, really hope that the bodyguard doesn't have fight club split personality and us actually involved in the attacks. The filming has left it open as we never saw what he saw in the briefcase. It could have contained a bomb (although I don't think the guy with the briefcase knew about a bomb so unlikely). I do fear that some silly revelations could ruin the show but hopefully it won't be the case.

4 minutes ago, red snow said:

It's a damn shame Keeley hawed was in line if duty as it would be great for a crossover. Jed mercuric said there's nothing stopping Richard madden having a part in line of duty though.

Regarding the next episode

Hide contents

I hope it's not the case as I think it would be corny but what if the mp isn't dead? I'm wondering if the mysterious character who visited her in the hotel (and deleted the video footage) actually proposed taking her death and they just took the bombing as an opportunity. It would explain the cover up and why the detective was utterly dismissive when the bodyguard mentioned the mystery man and video tampering. I think it's much edgier writing if she is dead though.

I also really, really hope that the bodyguard doesn't have fight club split personality and us actually involved in the attacks. The filming has left it open as we never saw what he saw in the briefcase. It could have contained a bomb (although I don't think the guy with the briefcase knew about a bomb so unlikely). I do fear that some silly revelations could ruin the show but hopefully it won't be the case.

Spoiler

Well.there have been no scenes showing that he has split personality.so that would come out of nowhere if they went that route.He certainly has PTSD etc.

I think the key is what was in the documents that the security services bloke showed to the Home Secy.I'm thinking it was dirt on the Prime Minister maybe?

Plus,there was that scene with David's gun that showed a pen drive next to it,I'm guessing he made a copy of the documents.

Suddenly remembered that I had been too busy to finish watching the last two eps of S4 of The Affair. Or maybe, just maybe, I knew it was going to be really difficult to watch and subconsciously put it off. Sitting here now wondering if I can bring myself to watch ep 10. 

It's hard to be completely objective about how well this episode was handled. Partly because it made me so anxious that I couldn't fully watch it (i.e. couldn't give it 100% of my attention) and had to pause it numerous times in order to get to the end of it. Partly because I can't honestly tell how much is achieved by the performance itself and how much is me projecting onto the performance. So I guess it was convincing enough?

I saw A Quiet Place over the weekend and was a bit underwhelmed,  I'm not sure if my sound was broken or what, I don't think it was because the sounds I should have heard were in the extras, but I couldn't get over that there was almost no ambient sounds unless it was there to supplement the plot.  Feet on the floor, touching things, electrical currents powering and entire basement of electronics, wind rustling.... there were multiple points when there was no sound at all and it just seemed ridiculous.  I really loved the idea, and the overall plot was pretty cool, but I think they ultimately went overboard on the whole 'this movie is about silence' aspect and failed at creating a true soundscape that seemed real; which ultimately took me out of the movie. 7/10 for me, will probably watch again at the highest volume I can to see if it helps.

5 hours ago, aceluby said:

I saw A Quiet Place over the weekend and was a bit underwhelmed,  I'm not sure if my sound was broken or what, I don't think it was because the sounds I should have heard were in the extras, but I couldn't get over that there was almost no ambient sounds unless it was there to supplement the plot.  Feet on the floor, touching things, electrical currents powering and entire basement of electronics, wind rustling.... there were multiple points when there was no sound at all and it just seemed ridiculous.  I really loved the idea, and the overall plot was pretty cool, but I think they ultimately went overboard on the whole 'this movie is about silence' aspect and failed at creating a true soundscape that seemed real; which ultimately took me out of the movie. 7/10 for me, will probably watch again at the highest volume I can to see if it helps.

My main problem with that movie was that the ending was stupid.  The entire last fifteen minutes or so felt like something out of a different movie.

Spoiler

You're telling me that the entire might of our world's military couldn't figure out that you just had to attack these creatures, that hunt entirely on sound, with the right sound frequency?  And that these creatures, that could apparently be killed with a shotgun, were somehow capable of destroying society?

I wasn't a huge fan of how they killed off Jim Halpert, either.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

My main problem with that movie was that the ending was stupid.  The entire last fifteen minutes or so felt like something out of a different movie.

Reveal hidden contents

You're telling me that the entire might of our world's military couldn't figure out that you just had to attack these creatures, that hunt entirely on sound, with the right sound frequency?  And that these creatures, that could apparently be killed with a shotgun, were somehow capable of destroying society?

I wasn't a huge fan of how they killed off Jim Halpert, either.

I just chalked that up to the human race getting overrun in a short amount of time. 

I saw Ocean's 8 over the weekend. I liked it, but it's one that I'll never go out of my way to watch it again. 

I still haven't found a way to watch The Lost City of Z without having to buy it. This is why I miss Blockbuster. :bawl:

7 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I just chalked that up to the human race getting overrun in a short amount of time. 

I saw Ocean's 8 over the weekend. I liked it, but it's one that I'll never go out of my way to watch it again. 

I still haven't found a way to watch The Lost City of Z without having to buy it. This is why I miss Blockbuster. :bawl:

Your local library

8 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

And I don't have AP. There's so many streaming sites now. It's like they think we're all made of space bucks.

I'm trying to remember whether you can get prime for a month? Probably similar to the price of a dvd/Blu-ray. Unless you desperately want some extra features it's probably the easiest option.

I've started watching "the Deuce". So far it's not what I thought it was which is good as it's a whole lot better. Plus those pimp perms are legendary.

9 hours ago, williamjm said:

I've watched the first three episodes of Sharp Objects. It's been compelling so far, despite the complete lack of any likeable characters. The acting has been very good, especially Amy Adams.

I hadn't thought about it much in terms of likeable characters. I like most of them but I guess it's not because they are nice people.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

You not got a friend with prime who can give you their log in? 

I'm wondering whether this might be a "I don't do amazon" thing in which case I suspect that film will have to be the sacrifice.

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

You not got a friend with prime who can give you their log in? 

I do, just didn't know which site owned the rights to it if one did at all. 

5 hours ago, red snow said:

I'm wondering whether this might be a "I don't do amazon" thing in which case I suspect that film will have to be the sacrifice.

I do try to avoid it. It’s so unhealthy for the economy. One day we’ll all be shopping at Amazon’s McWalmart.

Archived