If People still hate the Freys, they need to reconsider their life priorities

Frey Kings

30 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

Sure, after the battle of Green Fork Wyman's son was taken prisoner. 

His lordship waited until the table had been cleared before he raised the matter of a letter he had received from Lord Tywin Lannister, who held his elder son, Ser Wylis, taken captive on the Green Fork. "He offers him back to me without ransom, provided I withdraw my levies from His Grace and vow to fight no more."

"You will refuse him, of course," said Ser Rodrik.

"Have no fear on that count," the lord assured them.

This is verra interesting. Thank you.

Help  me out a bit further.  You didn't supply the book and chapter. My way of thinking book and chapter is relevant in martins ongoing drama.

From what I read of the red quote it appears that it it is happening at the WF feast before Robb left WF?

6 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

This is verra interesting. Thank you.

Help  me out a bit further.  You didn't supply the book and chapter. My way of thinking book and chapter is relevant in martins ongoing drama.

From what I read of the red quote it appears that it it is happening at the WF feast before Robb left WF?

the battle of the Green Fork, when his son is captured takes place in the penultimate Tyrion chapter in AGOT. The quoted conversation is Bran's second chapter of ACOK.

4 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

the battle of the Green Fork, when his son is captured takes place in the penultimate Tyrion chapter in AGOT. The quoted conversation is Bran's second chapter of ACOK.

Forgive me for being a doubting Thomas. Dude/dudeete you haven't given book or chapter reference.

Do you know how difficult it is to go back and bring conversations forward?

Okey dokey

10 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

2 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

No, it is the correct one. Lannisters had a Manderly hostage from the beginning of the war, Wyman is happy enough to let Bran know that he has refused them when he is trying to get funds to build a navy. 

Show me sumtin Bernie.

5 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Forgive me for being a doubting Thomas. Dude/dudeete you haven't given book or chapter reference.

I gave you both,  the penultimate Tyrion chapter of AGOT is when the battle of Green Fork takes place and Wyman's son is captured and the part I quoted, the conversation between Bran and Wyman, takes place in the second Bran chapter of ACOK

5 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Do you know how difficult it is to go back and bring conversations forward?

Honestly, I have no idea what you are trying to ask for here. I'm often puzzled by the barrage of questions you ask on this forum, I'd long suspected it was just a sense of humour I just didn't get. 

Apologies if you are being sincere, but what are you actually asking for? 

2 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

I gave you both,  the penultimate Tyrion chapter of AGOT is when the battle of Green Fork takes place and Wyman's son is captured and the part I quoted, the conversation between Bran and Wyman, takes place in the second Bran chapter of ACOK

Honestly, I have no idea what you are trying to ask for here. I'm often puzzled by the barrage of questions you ask on this forum, I'd long suspected it was just a sense of humour I just didn't get. 

You gave me nothing. No book or chapter merely the penultimate chapter, whatever that is supposed to mean.

Honestly, your bs response means you got nothing.

Hey dude/dudette no need for apologies because I am wondering what you are actually talking about.

All ya had to do was give a book and chapter fer yer yapping. :spank:

Just now, Clegane'sPup said:

You gave me nothing. No book or chapter merely the penultimate chapter, whatever that is supposed to mean.

I gave you two chapters

Honestly, your bs response means you got nothing.

lol what BS response? 

honestly, if this is humour I just don't get it.  

All ya had to do was give a book and chapter fer yer yapping. :spank:

yeah, and in every reply I have given them to you. 

19 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

According to my admittedly faulty memory and the backing of the WIKI, Wylis was freed when Roose Bolton took Harrenhall. He was recaptured when Lannister men ambushed him and other loyal Northerners at the crossing of the Ruby ford on the way to the Twins for the Red Wedding. Roose Bolton's own forces had already conveniently crossed to the other side when the ambush took place and made no move to assist their fellow northerners. As Tywin, Roose and Walder had already agreed terms, it was likely that this was a set-up to prevent as many loyal northerners as possible from making it to the Twins for Robb's wedding. Wyman no doubt blames co-conspiritors, Roose and  Walder for his son's further captivity.

3 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

The penultimate (this means second to last in case English is not your native language) Tyrion  chapter in A Game of Thrones is when the battle of the Green Fork takes place and Wyman's son is captured. 

Was this before or after Robb  left WF and rode south?

I like words. penultimate --- last but one in a series of things; second to the last.

Think of me as a person who is trying to put together when Bolton flipped.

1 minute ago, Wall Flower said:

According to my admittedly faulty memory and the backing of the WIKI, Wylis was freed when Roose Bolton took Harrenhall.

Which is true, but what exactly does that have to do with my post? 

Having a son captured does not mean you are forced to make peace, after all Tywin's son Jaime is captured and he is not forced to do anything and neither was Wyman when told his son was captured. 

His lordship waited until the table had been cleared before he raised the matter of a letter he had received from Lord Tywin Lannister, who held his elder son, Ser Wylis, taken captive on the Green Fork. "He offers him back to me without ransom, provided I withdraw my levies from His Grace and vow to fight no more."

The claim that Wyman should get a pass for making a deal and then immediately betrays said deal because he had no other choice is easily proven to be false as he was easily able to turn down the same offer in ACOK.

12 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Was this before or after Robb  left WF and rode south?

I like words. penultimate --- last but one in a series of things; second to the last.

Think of me as a person who is trying to put together when Bolton flipped.

mate, I'm sure this is hilarious but I just don't get it. I'm probably too old or young, not from the right country but I just don't understand the humour in these posts. 

6 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

Having a son captured does not mean you are forced to make peace, after all Tywin's son Jaime is captured and he is not forced to do anything and neither was Wyman when told his son was captured. 

The claim that Wyman should get a pass for making a deal and then immediately betrays said deal because he had no other choice is easily proven to be false as he was easily able to turn down the same offer in ACOK.

mate, I'm sure this is hilarious but I just don't get it. I'm probably too old or young, not from the right country but I just don't understand the humour in these posts. 

Well mate there ya go again. Carry on.

4 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

My point would be that his son was only re-captured as a result of betrayal and deceit, including by the Lannisters and Freys. Why would he owe them fair dealing or trust them to deal fairly with him in the long-term? Doesn't mean I approve of Frey pies but Wyman is motivated by getting his son back the only way he can (while before he had the possibly of his son being released by Robb's victories - as indeed he was for a time).

1 minute ago, Wall Flower said:

My point would be that his son was only re-captured as a result of betrayal and deceit, including by the Lannisters and Freys. Why would he owe them fair dealing or trust them to deal fairly with him in the long-term?

And the same could be said for Walder.  Robb has already betrayed the Freys once, why would Walder owe Robb fair dealings? 

2 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

And the same could be said for Walder.  Robb has already betrayed the Freys once, why would Walder owe Robb fair dealings? 

No no no poppy yous was arguing different stuffies a few pages back.  Leave the wall flower be.

3 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

Now I get it, your pretending to be JarJar.

No dude/dudet. You espouse stuff and rarely provide back up material.  Sooooooooooo, since you you poo pooed on me I thought I would warn you that I got my crooked eye on ya. :grouphug:

31 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

Backing out of a wedding is the same as a brutal massacre or leaving men to drown in the Trident? Robb went to the Twins in good faith to make amends and he was the one who ended up being stabbed in the back. Walder was always going to betray Robb once things turned against him, while still being outraged at Robb's breaking of the betrothal. In Walder's narcissistic little mind, loyalty only goes one way.

Archived