Westeros Fantasy Football Thunderdome 2018

Bronn Stone

We need to start picking a draft date.  The draft is snake, so autodraft isn't the end of the world if you pre-rank.  I've autorenewed the league, but would like the owners to chime in.

I can do any non-Tuesday after 8/21.  Please check in and give some hints about draft dates.

2011 – NvE, WvS
2012 – NvW, SvE
2013 – NvS, WvE
2014 – NvE, WvS
2015 – NvW, SvE
2016 – NvS, WvE
2017 – NvE, WvS
2018 – NvW, SvE
2019 – NvS, WvE
2020 – NvE, WvS
2021 – NvW, SvE
2022 – NvS, WvE

Week 4 – WildCard Game vs team from "matching" division opponent played in the previous year (ie 1v1, 2v2)
Week 5 – Rotating Division game
Week 6 – Rotating Division game
Week 7 – Rotating Division game
Week 8 – Rotating Division game
Week 9 – WildCard game vs team from "inverted" division opponent to be played the following year. (ie 1v4, 2v3)

I’m back for more pain. I’ve got drafts already set up for the 27th and the 29th and will have a few other drafts to work around. In theory I don’t have any other obligations that can’t be moved or worked around. I always prefer Friday and Saturday nights or Sunday afternoons, but I am flexible.  

I'll retake my spot only if needed. Intending on cutting back on leagues this year ... which this is probably the only one I'd cut (Experts, A, Keeper, Money (winner last 2 of 3)). Oh well.

On 8/9/2018 at 3:43 PM, Bronn Stone said:

We need to start picking a draft date.  The draft is snake, so autodraft isn't the end of the world if you pre-rank.  I've autorenewed the league, but would like the owners to chime in.

I can do any non-Tuesday after 8/21.  Please check in and give some hints about draft dates.

Are we getting closer to picking a draft date for the carnage that is THUNDERDOME?!! :)  

9 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I was away at WorldCon for the past week.  And it appears that PotN and DunknEgg have a near perfect mesh of forbidden dates.

Let me ruminate the rest of today.  I'll have a date by tomorrow.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:23 PM, Prince of the North said:

I can make a draft on any evenings or weekends except the evenings of Aug. 27, Sept. 4, or Sept. 5:)

Thanks, Bronn!  Maybe it'll help a little bit if I'm more specific in the dates and times I already have other FF drafts?  To expand on the quote here - I have Westeros A on Aug. 27 and Westeros C on Aug. 28 but they don't begin until 9:00 pm central time.  I also have FF drafts on the evenings of Sept. 4 and 5 each beginning at 7:00 pm central time. 

As you wrote in the OP, since Thunderdome is a snake draft, auto-drafting isn't the end of the world.  Of course, I would make due with that if necessary but...I'd much rather choose my own players who are inevitably going to suffer season-ending injuries in week 2 rather than having them randomly foisted upon me:P

And sorry about the headache.  Believe me, I know it's very difficult to accommodate even a small number of people's schedules -  let alone 16 of them! 

I too have drafts on the 27th and the 28th for A and C, and my money league is on the 29th. Other dates are fairly open.  

@Bronn Stone,

You should @ everyone who is in the league so they get a notification to come and post their league status and availabilities.   

I had to pick a date and I don't really like it either but everything else is bunched up.  This has been a crazy time at work for me.  I still have to spend an afternoon this weekend getting all of the schedule stuff right.

Sunday, 2-SEP at 4PM EDT.

3 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I had to pick a date and I don't really like it either but everything else is bunched up.  This has been a crazy time at work for me.  I still have to spend an afternoon this weekend getting all of the schedule stuff right.

Sunday, 2-SEP at 4PM EDT.

I can't make that time.  Looks like another year of auto-draft for this league for me.

Archived