Westeros Fantasy Football Thunderdome 2018

Bronn Stone

Kingswood Killas-

QB: Joe Flacco (Case Keenum)

WR: Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, Ted Ginn Jr., (Sammy Watkins, Demaryius Thomas)

RB: Derrick Henry, Alfred Morris, (Mark Ingram, Matt Breida, Marlon Mack, Devontae Booker)

TE: OJ Howard

DEF: Tennessee

K: Josh Lambo

Bear Island Bears --

QB - Brees (Tygod)

WR - Thielen, Goodwin, Meredith (Godwin, Allison, Taywan Taylor)

RB - Bell, Burkhead (Barber, AP, Conner)

TE - Trey Burton

Goodwin was a bit of a panic pick and a reach -- otherwise, I'm pretty happy with this team other than WR depth. I feel much better coming out of a draft lacking WRs than either QBs or RBs. Not terrible for drafting from a phone on a plane!

5 hours ago, Mya Jong-Un said:

I didn’t even know it was scheduled. I guess I’m okay with my auto draft. Definitely not championship bound like the last two years. 

I did know it was scheduled... and forgot. So you've got a better excuse than me, My!

Team doesn't suck as much as I'd've expected. Probably a middling finish. I wonder what it's like to pick either on the wheel or in the top 4?

Yahoo thinks way more of my draft (A-) than I do...

QB - B.Roethlisberger (A.Smith)
RB - D.Cook (C.Thompson, C.Ivory)
WR - D.Baldwin, A.Jeffery, T.Lockett (C.Beasley, D.Jackson, J.Washington, A.Calloway)
Flex - D.Freeman
TE - E.Engram
K - D.Carlson
DEF - Pittsburgh

Winterfell Piemen

QB: Newton (Darnold)
RB: M. Gordon, Carson (Powell, Foreman, Ekeler)
WR: R. Anderson, Cole, Golladay (Gallup, Hurns, Z. Jones)
TE: Ertz
K: Butker
DT: Baltimore

Happy at RB and TE.  All in on Cam at QB.  WR is not pretty - too many WR3 WR4 types.  But something always gives in Thunderdome.

Dreadfort Deviants

QB: Wilson (Prescott, Tannehill, Bortles, Baker)

RB: Collins, Lynch (Crowell, Jones)

WR: OBJ, Green, Fuller (Parker)

TE: L. Wilson

K: An old man who probably smokes a pack a day along with a sixer of cheap beer

Def: Bungals 

Also in the A- club. Team is solid, but thin. LOTS of QBs here, so if yours goes down, I'm your man.

9 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Dreadfort Deviants
QB: Wilson (Prescott, Tannehill, Bortles, Baker)
RB: Collins, Lynch (Crowell, Jones)
WR: OBJ, Green, Fuller (Parker)
TE: L. Wilson

Also in the A- club. Team is solid, but thin. LOTS of QBs here, so if yours goes down, I'm your man.

Nothing is more Thunderdome than playing without DT or K.  Gotta admire it.
But nothing is less Thunderdome than playing Dreadfort in the South East Division. 

16 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Nothing is more Thunderdome than playing without DT or K.  Gotta admire it.
But nothing is less Thunderdome than playing Dreadfort in the South East Division. 

Why use a K and a Def when you have an army of QBs!!!!

The thought behind Thunderdome is it is a 16-team league where the owners don't change from year to year (in theory - some turnover is inevitable).

There are four divisions each of which is supposed to represent the North, South, West and East of Westeros.  Owners are strongly encouraged to focus on the great and powerful houses in the regions in which they compete (for example, all my other teams are based in Harlaw, but in Thunderdome I represent Winterfell).

The schedule is set up so that you play your division twice every season (6 games).  The other regions are played on a rotating basis, much like in the NFL schedule (you'll play four of these).  Two games are set against the other divisions based on the finish from the previous season and lastly, week 13 is RIVALRY WEEK - each team is assigned a RIVAL in another division whom they always play in Week 13 much like the old College Football tradition of ending in a rivalry game.

BTW, I haven't actually set the schedule this year beyond week 1.  I need to get on that.
Edited to Add - Schedule complete.

I think the North Division looks scary good. I finished with the lowest score in the division in Week 1 - a score that would have been second highest in any other division.  Last year the North was not good.  But winter is coming again!

• 2 weeks later...

We have a team that appears to be unmanaged in Thunderdome.  Reach out to me if you want to take over.  I'd like to get this done ASAP for reasons of competitive balance.  The first three weeks involved playing in the Division so each division team got the free win once.

QB: Luck
RB: Fournette, Duke Johnson
WR: Keenan, Landry, J. Gordon (Kupp, Wallace, Benjamin)
TE: Ebron, (Sefarian-Jenkins, Delanie)
K: Bryant (Boswell)
DT: Chargers (Giants)

We only must start 1 RB.  What would normally be the second RB slot is RB/WR/TE.

What do you think of me managing the "deadhead team" via Commissioner tools until we can get it filled?

I'd use Yahoo rankings to choose the lineup and swap out players on IR according to an algorithm.  I would also probably pick up a couple more RB for the spare K and DT since that roster is woefully undermanned. The team does face mine in week 8 so I'd defer to Groz in that week, though it doesn't really matter since Yahoo projections will determine the lineup.

Archived