Westeros Fantasy Football Thunderdome 2018

Bronn Stone

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

What do you think of me managing the "deadhead team" via Commissioner tools until we can get it filled?

I'd use Yahoo rankings to choose the lineup and swap out players on IR according to an algorithm.  I would also probably pick up a couple more RB for the spare K and DT since that roster is woefully undermanned. The team does face mine in week 8 so I'd defer to Groz in that week, though it doesn't really matter since Yahoo projections will determine the lineup.

Hey @Bronn Stone I hate the line up but I will manage the team if you still need someone. Sending you a PM and I will check in tomorrow to see if I am needed. Nothing worse than someone quitting a league, hopefully the person is ok.

• 1 month later...

Trade between Casterly Rock and Highgarden:

I get Doug Baldwin

I give up Lamar Miller

Miller was wasting away on my bench and WR has been my biggest weak spot. I'm hoping the Seahawks pass friendly schedule will help Baldwin get back to form. 

Hey sooo...

Did anybody else notice that Carson Wentz was dropped? (Assuming no ... because nobody bid against me)

Does anybody want Carson Wentz or Drew Brees? Either available for a WR.

50 minutes ago, Week said:

Hey sooo...

Did anybody else notice that Carson Wentz was dropped? (Assuming no ... because nobody bid against me)

Does anybody want Carson Wentz or Drew Brees? Either available for a WR.

Sorry, I have crappy WR but a good QB.

And.........................   Oh @Jaxom 1974, nobody is as you as you are....
Luckily you kept David Carr.

23 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Sorry, I have crappy WR but a good QB.

And.........................   Oh @Jaxom 1974, nobody is as you as you are....
Luckily you kept David Carr.

I gotta be me.

Though, as i mentioned to you before, im just not paying enough attention to the NFL this year...its a weord by prpduct of using Sling TV, I think.  As I dont have access to locam stations on it, and I am a little lazy on switching to antenna...I'm just not paying attention. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just scrolling up and noting I mocked Jaxom for dropping Carson Wentz.  Maybe J. was on to something...

But then again, one must examine his matchup with Tywin this week.  Tywin is leading his division - the East - which has not been a powerhouse this season.  In fact, all four teams in the North have higher point totals than any team in the East.

But Jaxom and Tywin took Fantasy Football to a place it seldom goes.

Neither actually played anyone inactive.  But it was close.  Tywin had three starters who scored zero.  And he WON.  With 58.90, but he won. Jaxom only had one starter put up a zero, but he managed to lose by over 5 points.  It isn't very often you see the 15th overall scoring team in the league get a W.  But this is THUNDERDOME.  Or in the East - putterdome.

@Tywin et al.

@Jaxom 1974

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Just scrolling up and noting I mocked Jaxom for dropping Carson Wentz.  Maybe J. was on to something...

But then again, one must examine his matchup with Tywin this week.  Tywin is leading his division - the East - which has not been a powerhouse this season.  In fact, all four teams in the North have higher point totals than any team in the East.

But Jaxom and Tywin took Fantasy Football to a place it seldom goes.

Neither actually played anyone inactive.  But it was close.  Tywin had three starters who scored zero.  And he WON.  With 58.90, but he won. Jaxom only had one starter put up a zero, but he managed to lose by over 5 points.  It isn't very often you see the 15th overall scoring team in the league get a W.  But this is THUNDERDOME.  Or in the East - putterdome.

@Tywin et al.

@Jaxom 1974

Two players in that final Bears/Vikings game...needed all of 8 points to slip ahead.  Just brutal.  Thunderdome is a cruel mistress...

53 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

In my defense, I set my roster hungover and in a rush to make it to a business brunch.

Do you have many leather-bound books and an apartment that smells of rich mahogany?

35 minutes ago, Week said:

Do you have many leather-bound books and an apartment that smells of rich mahogany?

No, but loads of hardcover books because B&N had an awesome sale on repackaged classics. And I literally just ate a whole wheel of cheese.

• 2 weeks later...

Eight teams remain in contention for six playoff slots. 
Fuentez has earned a bye. 
Jaime has clinched a slot, and can take the bye with a win over DunknEgg or a loss by me, or if he can maintain his 9.46 point lead over me.
Mya is almost guaranteed a win and a playoff slot as she faces the human bye week aka, @Jaxom 1974
Bronn wins the division with a win unless Mya also wins and beats him by 74 points.  His bye situation is discussed above.
Week earns a slot with a win and could take the division but that involves Jaxom winning so it is disregarded.
POTN needs a big win over Jacelyn and losses by Week and Manhole.
Tywin is in and can improve his slot with a win over Bronn.   His 5-1 division record assures he wins the tie-breaker even if Manhole catches him.  But his low total score precludes catching Jaime for the bye.
Manhole could sneak in to a wildcard with a win and losses by POTN and Week.  Again the thought of Jaxom winning is disregarded.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Eight teams remain in contention for six playoff slots. 
Fuentez has earned a bye. 
Jaime has clinched a slot, and can take the bye with a win over DunknEgg or a loss by me, or if he can maintain his 9.46 point lead over me.
Mya is almost guaranteed a win and a playoff slot as she faces the human bye week aka, @Jaxom 1974
Bronn wins the division with a win unless Mya also wins and beats him by 74 points.  His bye situation is discussed above.
Week earns a slot with a win and could take the division but that involves Jaxom winning so it is disregarded.
POTN needs a big win over Jacelyn and losses by Week and Manhole.
Tywin is in and can improve his slot with a win over Bronn.   His 5-1 division record assures he wins the tie-breaker even if Manhole catches him.  But his low total score precludes catching Jaime for the bye.
Manhole could sneak in to a wildcard with a win and losses by POTN and Week.  Again the thought of Jaxom winning is disregarded.

I can still get in. If Bear Island, Bitterbridge, and Greywater all lose and I outscore Bear Island by 40 points. It could happen! Ahhhh who am I kidding. I'm done. 

1 hour ago, JJ Lannister said:

I can still get in. If Bear Island, Bitterbridge, and Greywater all lose and I outscore Bear Island by 40 points. It could happen! Ahhhh who am I kidding. I'm done. 

You are correct.  Your chances are probably as good as POTN, truth be told.  Which isn't much.

Archived